Aliquippa PA at it again

sausmann9

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

One of my fav teams to watch and once again heading to Hershey for a state title game playing up two classifications from their numbers!  

Thursday night AAAA title game against Bishop McDevitt out of Harrisburg.  Will be a good one for sure!!!

I use to love watching their teams years ago. Tough, gritty teams. Glad they’re back at it 

6 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Apparently they're going to be forced up another class next year unless they are able to appeal successfully. Crazy.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-football/2021/12/05/Aliquippa-PIAA-competitive-balance-rule-competition-formula-WPIAL-football/stories/202112050225

That sounds like a BS rule 

10 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Apparently they're going to be forced up another class next year unless they are able to appeal successfully. Crazy.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-football/2021/12/05/Aliquippa-PIAA-competitive-balance-rule-competition-formula-WPIAL-football/stories/202112050225

What's the harm in being forced up if the classifications they're put in suck?

Pennsylvania 4A is complete trash.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, MA Fan said:

one of a few schools that has won titles in three different classifications.  They're the only school to win four WPIAL titles in four different classes.  Thing is they're only AA in enrollment.  The rule that forces them up is bullshit.

20 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

one of a few schools that has won titles in three different classifications.  They're the only school to win four WPIAL titles in four different classes.  Thing is they're only AA in enrollment.  The rule that forces them up is bullshit.

Aliquippa got the W and state championship over a solid Bishop McDevitt last night. Pretty sure the Quips are 1A in enrollment.  Impressive.  

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, WpialHSFB said:

Aliquippa got the W and state championship over a solid Bishop McDevitt last night. Pretty sure the Quips are 1A in enrollment.  Impressive.  

I cannot wait for the next two weeks here in PA.  PIAA is going to force the Quips up to 5A and I hope they tell them to go fuck themselves!!  If there is a team that "is the WPIAL", the Quips def come to mind!  Let the WPIAL break lose and D10 follows back to 4 classes and a full, fun day at Heinz!!  Cash Bradman and Diingleberry Lombardi catered to the Philly schools and area and it backfired on them.  I really miss the days of all four games on the Friday or Saturday after Turkey Day.

On 12/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, WpialHSFB said:

Yes, 1A enrollment just beat 4A Hburg all-star team.   Quips only team to take four WPIAL titles at four diffferent classes.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, Nolebull813 said:

If they play up by choice originally, then could they just go back to 1A where they belong and then get forced to move up? 

A 1A team playing in 5A is ludicrous 

No the PIAA doesn't allow it.  There were a few schools that tried to drop back down to their rightful classification and PIAA would not allow them.  They insist those moves were to avoid their bullshit success rule.  

On 12/13/2021 at 10:07 PM, NYHSFAN33 said:

That is very impressive.  Hard to imagine any other team even getting the chance to be in contention at all those different enrollment classes.

they had a great coach for the last three decades; now they got an even better one.  This coach is exactly what these young men need and will gravitate to his program.  As crazy as it sounds, I think the Quips only get better.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Not at first, lol, and then those dipshit dummies from the governing body realized that fucking w/ the Quips is like fucking w/ the better half of the state!  Quips threatened to pull out of PIAA and go WPIAL all the way.  Plenty of teams would follow and I think PIAA realized they picked on the wrong kid in this one!

• 1 year later...