Does Cathedral High (Los Angeles, CA) get any Heisman Trophy LOVE for producing Bryce Young for mater dei?

RedZone

25 minutes ago, RedZone said:

or, is it all mater dei all of the time?

Was nice to see Cathedral coach Kevin Pearson in New York with his former player Bryce Young.....has to sting a little, but he handled it with class. Evidently there is still some class in California.

Bryce Young is Cathedral's first Heisman Trophy winner.....well done, Coach Pearson!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Absolutely, Cathedral deserves some credit and love, without them Bryce doesn’t start as a Freshman/Sophomore and valuable reps that no doubt prepared him to hit the ground running at MD and more elite competition. 

There’s a lot of MD haters out there who think Bryce just swooped in out of nowhere or was recruited…etc., but what they don’t know is Bryce planned on attending MD as a Freshman, JT Daniels already had the job as a Soph. 

@HurricaneNick can fill you in on the details. Again, Cathedral definitely deserves credit/helped prepare Bryce for MD. Bryce is special…I think you gotta give credit to him first and it just so happened we both were lucky to have him.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Absolutely, Cathedral deserves some credit and love, without them Bryce doesn’t start as a Freshman/Sophomore and valuable reps that no doubt prepared him to hit the ground running at MD and more elite competition. 

There’s a lot of MD haters out there who think Bryce just swooped in out of nowhere or was recruited…etc., but what they don’t know is Bryce planned on attending MD as a Freshman, JT Daniels already had the job as a Soph. 

@HurricaneNick can fill you in on the details. Again, Cathedral definitely deserves credit/helped prepare Bryce for MD. Bryce is special…I think you gotta give credit to him first and it just so happened we both were lucky to have him.  

I'm not feeling the love really and I'm not really interested in the inner workings/details of where freshman in California want to play high school football in California.....the whole sitting out from transferring because another QB is starting at another high school is hard on the head.

Even at "Glory Years" Evangel Christian, the QBs waited their turns and Evangel was pumping out the QBs back in the day.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I'm not feeling the love really and I'm not really interested in the inner workings/details of where freshman in California want to play high school football in California.....the whole sitting out from transferring because another QB is starting at another high school is hard on the head.

Even at "Glory Years" Evangel Christian, the QBs waited their turns and Evangel was pumping out the QBs back in the day.

Dude, who are you? Did you ever play HS sports? Gotta look at the depth charts and do what’s best for you personally as a player and where you as the player will get the best chance to play and prepare yourself for the next level.

I’ll let @HurricaneNick explain the backstory, but you’re not only misinformed you come across as being ignorant. Put yourself in the player’s shoes…HS players aren’t serfs beholden to their original master.

And Yes, Cathedral HS does deserve 1/2 credit for preparing Bryce for next level and the Heisman. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Dude, who are you? Did you ever play HS sports? Gotta look at the depth charts and do what’s best for you personally as a player and where you as the player will get the best chance to play and prepare yourself for the next level.

I’ll let @HurricaneNick explain the backstory, but you’re not only misinformed you come across as being ignorant. Put yourself in the player’s shoes…HS players aren’t serfs beholden to their original master.

And Yes, Cathedral HS does deserve 1/2 credit for preparing Bryce for next level and the Heisman. 

You act like people in California don't hate mater dei and you act like mater dei is doing football kids/everyone a big favor in California.

I'm in Louisiana and I hate them too.

That's who I am and I did play baseball and football.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Was nice to see Cathedral coach Kevin Pearson in New York with his former player Bryce Young.....has to sting a little, but he handled it with class. Evidently there is still some class in California.

Bryce Young is Cathedral's first Heisman Trophy winner.....well done, Coach Pearson!

Tell me since you're so familiar with California football,  which other qtr back has Pearson groomed to become a Heisman winner or an elite college player for that matter.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is one of the dumber things that people do around here.

Claim that the school that a kid enrolls at first is the one that "developed" them.

About the same as those who claim kids that were being recruited in middle school got developed by the schools they transfer too. If we are gonna talker about development then the personal trainers should get the most credit.

RZ, you can follow STA Camden Brown’s career… he’s originally from Monroe, LA.  Not sure when his fam moved to FL, but his HS career has been played here. He verbaled to Pitt and backed off to consider SEC offers.  He’ll be signing on wednesday with GA, Auburn, or Pitt likely.  He’s a tall and athletic WR in the ‘22 class.  

12 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

RZ, you can follow STA Camden Brown’s career… he’s originally from Monroe, LA.  Not sure when his fam moved to FL, but his HS career has been played here. He verbaled to Pitt and backed off to consider SEC offers.  He’ll be signing on wednesday with GA, Auburn, or Pitt likely.  He’s a tall and athletic WR in the ‘22 class.  

I don't know anything about him.......his twitter says LouisianaBoy and he has some nice offers. Lots of talent in Monroe. That's 4A Monroe Neville country-with West Monroe right across the bridge.

https://247sports.com/player/camden-brown-46094028/

Camden Brown

@CamdenBrown7

318561| Saint Thomas Aquinas| 4Class of ‘22| 6’4 205lbs| 3.6GPA| LouisianaBoy| LLFH Longliveboom

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Thanks.

Even though he did well in his previous high school, Young transferred to Mater Dei in Santa Ana, California to improve his recruiting chances for college.

That's pretty funny. Young had lots of big time offers before ever stepping foot on the mater dei campus.

and, only "STARS" transfer to mater dei........it's not a developmental school. It's a school that obviously wants to rack up Myth National Championships.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's pretty funny. Young had lots of big time offers before ever stepping foot on the mater dei campus.

and, only "STARS" transfer to mater dei........it's not a developmental school. It's a school that obviously wants to rack up Myth National Championships.

Actually he was committed to USC when he transferred to MD.. MD turned him out.. like a whore

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Every player that plays and signs a scholarship is a transfer?

That's not what I said......mater dei doesn't recruit "duds/bench warmers".

If mater dei was so great at developing talent they would have more NFL players than they currently do. Sad really.

• Thanks 1