Lincoln Riley's New House vs Brian Kelly's New House.

RedZone

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not in the slightest. Are you upset that someone keeps bringing up your past use  of racial slurs? Hmm 

Relax, have a nice ice cold glass of WATER......oooops, maybe not!

Don't sweat it.......just keep your rock star pool clean. Too funny! LMAO

I think it will take Riley more time than some. USC is not the same culture as when Pete Carroll was there much less John Robinson or John McKay.

Places like Alabama, LSU, Georgia the culture to win has not changed much in 80 years. They still sell out when bad. USC at times may have been less than 1/3 full the past few years. 

Big Booster money does not equal national titles like idiots in Texas think.

I have heard Texas and Texas AM have 100x the money as Alabama but in the last 50 years those 2 are 1-99 when it comes to winning national titles. Broke Alabama has 10 in than same span. 

Remember these boosters when dumping millions into the program always want something in return (power control inside info etc.) At Texas and AM they have never been told no. At Alabama Saban threatens boosters and tells them to FO.

Which option takes place at USC?

98% of millionaires can't take being told no. Saban had several boosters leave Alabama in 2008 after his famous meeting in Mobile where he cussed them like dogs.  Most came back and understood who was the unquestioned boss. 

10 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Don’t read it. Simple. As big of a dumpster fire lswho is, how does green hill school (and others) get away with charging so much money for school. Mater Dei sends more kids to the Ivy League (pure numbers) but costs half. Maybe I’m out out of pocket for saying that. Find it tough to reason $30k for pre school. Do they know things others don’t?  Greenhill school charges more for pre K (29 K) than Cal Berkeley or UCLA does annually, wild to push it as a college prep. Ridiculous in my opinion. What’s the difference in curriculum? Green hill is more rigorous than Berkeley? Straight robbery on paper, MD is too expensive for many as well. Are Stanford PhD’s teaching pre-k? Serious question. My wife is trying to get our kids to go to St. Margaret’s. 29k to learn how to play with other kids in Pre-K? Wild. No point to me. To each their own. Again, don’t read the thread if it bothers you. I think we all take the Internet too serious sometimes, sometimes I show my ass on here Lol. I’m rooting for greenhill COLLEGE PREP against the blind and deaf of Dallas this year. (Just a joke) Let’s go!

LOL, some good stuff here.  Value is in the eye of the spender I'd suggest.  

I think Mater Dei and Greenhill have a little different missions.  Mater Dei's is to serve the community of the Diocese by providing a solid academic as well as spiritual growth.  99% of students go to college, (81% - 4 year, 18% Junior College) Greenhill is a secular college prep school.  

I'd like to see the number you can find on the Ivy League.  MD lists on the class of '21 matriculation that students enrolled at:

• Cornell
  • Harvard

But they do not provide any numbers for each. 

https://www.materdei.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=2575113&type=d&pREC_ID=2259420

GH lists the following for the classes of '18-'21:

• 1 - Brown
  • 3 - Columbia
  • 6 - Cornell
  • 3 - Dartmouth
  • 5 - Harvard
  • 2 - Princeton
  • 4 - Yale

That's a total of 24 or 6/year in a class of 115-120.  So math tells me that's 24/480 or 5% of each class.

https://www.greenhill.org/academics/college-counseling/matriculation

Greenhill's classes (~120) are ~25% the size of Mater Dei (~500).  How many students got into Cornell and Harvard last year?  

I find it interesting that GH sends almost 80% (77% is the actual number) of students out of state for college.  You might be interested in the students attending college in CA.  

• 2 - Cal Tech
  • 1 - California Institute of the Arts
  • 2 - Claremont McKenna
  • 1 - Loyola Marymount
  • 3 - Pepperdine
  • 1 - Pitzer
  • 3 - Pomona
  • 4 - Stanford
  • 5 - UCLA
  • 2 - UC San Diego
  • 1 - UC Santa Cruz
  • 1 - University of San Diego
  • 13 - USC

39/480 or  a little over 8% go to school in California.  Doesn't seem like a bad list either.

Regarding PHDs?  I don't know the details.  I know three of my son's teachers have PHDs (Physics/History/Math) and the rest have their Master's.

We do need all the scheduling help we can get for football!

On 6/9/2022 at 8:58 AM, HooverOutlaw said:

I think it will take Riley more time than some. USC is not the same culture as when Pete Carroll was there much less John Robinson or John McKay.

Places like Alabama, LSU, Georgia the culture to win has not changed much in 80 years. They still sell out when bad. USC at times may have been less than 1/3 full the past few years. 

Big Booster money does not equal national titles like idiots in Texas think.

I have heard Texas and Texas AM have 100x the money as Alabama but in the last 50 years those 2 are 0-100 when it comes to winning national titles. Broke Alabama has 10 in than same span. 

Remember these boosters when dumping millions into the program always want something in return (power control inside info etc.) At Texas and AM they have never been told no. At Alabama Saban threatens boosters and tells them to FO.

Which option takes place at USC?

98% of millionaires can't take being told no. Saban had several boosters leave Alabama in 2008 after his famous meeting in Mobile where he cussed them like dogs.  Most came back and understood who was the unquestioned boss. 

Cut it out....Bama ain't broke.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:05 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Don’t read it. Simple. As big of a dumpster fire lswho is, how does green hill school (and others) get away with charging so much money for school. Mater Dei sends more kids to the Ivy League (pure numbers) but costs half....

Hey man!  Wondering if you were able to come up with the Ivy League (Harvard and Cornell) yet?

I'd like to see the number you can find on the Ivy League.  MD lists on the class of '21 matriculation that students enrolled at:

• Cornell
  • Harvard

https://www.materdei.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=2575113&type=d&pREC_ID=2259420

• 1 - Brown
  • 3 - Columbia
  • 6 - Cornell
  • 3 - Dartmouth
  • 5 - Harvard
  • 2 - Princeton
  • 4 - Yale

That's a total of 24 or 6/year in a class of 115-120.  So math tells me that's 24/480 or 5% of each class.

Greenhill's classes (~120) are ~25% the size of Mater Dei (~500).  How many students got into Cornell and Harvard last year?  

2 hours ago, pied said:

Hey man!  Wondering if you were able to come up with the Ivy League (Harvard and Cornell) yet?

• Cornell
  • Harvard

• 1 - Brown
  • 3 - Columbia
  • 6 - Cornell
  • 3 - Dartmouth
  • 5 - Harvard
  • 2 - Princeton
  • 4 - Yale

The list is inaccurate because the MD football program has sent kids to Wharton each of the last 3 years yet I don’t see Penn listed. That’s on MD. I’d assume out of 600ish at least 12-15 are headed to the ivies and probably the same amount are headed Stanford, Duke, Vandy etc. That’s why I made that comment, because MD is so much bigger than GH. MD classes are usually over 500, I think my graduating class was around 620. My rant was due to the boss of the house letting me know I’m going to spend $30k+ on Pre-K 😂 Apologies. Smartest kid I know is a buddy of mines son that went to Tesoro and Berkeley (public schools) and now works at Goldman. Of course his brother is also an MD at Goldman so I guess that helps 🤣

• Like 1

https://smes.myschoolapp.com/ftpimages/892/download/download_2431208.pdf 

$29K for 3 & 4 year olds. When my kids are enrolling it’ll probably be $35-40k. My old man didn’t pay that much for me to go to USC. 🙃 Wild that 3 year old tuition is more expensive than UCLA, Berkeley, SLO, and Mater Dei, Santa Margarita, JSerra, Servite, OLu, Bosco etc tuition? What’s wrong with going to Our Lady Queen of Angels like dad and having him pay $8K for elementary school 😂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

$29K for 3 & 4 year olds. When my kids are enrolling it’ll probably be $35-40k. My old man didn’t pay that much for me to go to USC. 🙃 Wild that 3 year old tuition is more expensive than UCLA, Berkeley, SLO, and Mater Dei, Santa Margarita, JSerra, Servite, OLu, Bosco etc tuition? What’s wrong with going to Our Lady Queen of Angels like dad and having him pay $8K for elementary school 😂

Fuck that. Waste of money IMO. Personally I wouldn’t do that. Just paid my older daughters last college tuition payment in April. Paid her schooling in cash, no loans, it was a little more than that, but not much. I’ll give her credit she graduated in 3 years.

But the deal with my kids is, I will pay for college for 4 years and then you’re on your on. You want to further your education after that, you’re on your own. 

Cool part is I get to start it all over in August. Both got some scholarship, but still taking away from my beer money.😂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Private school in HS for my kids,  but K-8 they're attending an academy here in Walnut where I live

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Fuck that. Waste of money IMO. Personally I wouldn’t do that. Just paid my older daughters last college tuition payment in April. Paid her schooling in cash, no loans, it was a little more than that, but not much. I’ll give her credit she graduated in 3 years.

But the deal with my kids is, I will pay for college for 4 years and then you’re on your on. You want to further your education after that, you’re on your own. 

Cool part is I get to start it all over in August. Both got some scholarship, but still taking away from my beer money.😂

It’s a status thing for stay at home moms IMO. “My kids school is more expensive”…. fuck off. The kid is 3 years old and the pre school teacher makes 35 grand a year. Each kid pays the teachers salary? 😂

Congrats to her and your family man!! Lord knows I needed all 4 years and summer session in between to graduate on time but you know your boy was slamming a few too many brews 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 9:10 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Blocked out my lady because rrz (racist red zone) (used the N word towards a veteran behind a screen name because he’s a huge pussy) is unstable. Let’s see the backyard of the Ruston jewel rrz. I bring California posters to my home after games, you hide, cry, and throw around racial slurs. We’ll never be the same. 

1B7A6906-FD2C-438E-8AF1-B7184BD605B1.jpeg

Nice. Takes a pretty serious income to afford that in Orange County. 

17 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

The list is inaccurate because the MD football program has sent kids to Wharton each of the last 3 years yet I don’t see Penn listed. That’s on MD. I’d assume out of 600ish at least 12-15 are headed to the ivies and probably the same amount are headed Stanford, Duke, Vandy etc. That’s why I made that comment, because MD is so much bigger than GH. MD classes are usually over 500, I think my graduating class was around 620. My rant was due to the boss of the house letting me know I’m going to spend $30k+ on Pre-K 😂 Apologies. Smartest kid I know is a buddy of mines son that went to Tesoro and Berkeley (public schools) and now works at Goldman. Of course his brother is also an MD at Goldman so I guess that helps 🤣

Crazy that they' leave those off.  Seems like something they'd be excited to include.  🤷‍♂️

I don't know the landscape of the private schools and the value they provide and certainly can't comment to St. Margaret's.  Here many people rty to get in early to schools like GH (St. Mark's and Hockaday) because it's rather limited later on.  

They start out at ~70 in Pre/K/1st then add ~25 in fifth to get to ~95 and then ~25 in 9th to get to ~120/class.  Of course it's coed so only 12-13 boys get added each time.  

Makes "recruiting" athletes a little more difficult.

Any other adds in years outside of 5th/9th are added with attrition so some years there are no adds.  Daughter got admitted in 9th and son kinda got lucky with spot going into 8th. 

You familiar with Harvarad-Westlake?  The Head of Upper School from GH when my daughter was at GH went out there to take on a similar role.  That school seems similar to GH in some respects.  Are their sports kinda crap too?  :) 

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, RedZone said:

Lincoln Riley is a Rock Star.

Brian Kelly is a Football Coach

Riley's new Mansion set him back 17.5 million and it has more fireplaces than USC had wins last year located in LA. Sly Stallone is probably Riley's neighbor (lol, just saying)

Brain Kelly's new pad set him back 1.2 million and is located at LSU Lakes. It's surrounded by water.

Riley pad

bandicam 2022-06-08 12-45-48-559.jpg

Kelly pad

Untitled-design-25.jpg

LSU Lakes

download (5).jpg

Football coach lost today

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, RedZone said:

Lincoln Riley is a Rock Star.

Brian Kelly is a Football Coach

Riley's new Mansion set him back 17.5 million and it has more fireplaces than USC had wins last year located in LA. Sly Stallone is probably Riley's neighbor (lol, just saying)

Brain Kelly's new pad set him back 1.2 million and is located at LSU Lakes. It's surrounded by water.

Riley pad

bandicam 2022-06-08 12-45-48-559.jpg

Kelly pad

Untitled-design-25.jpg

LSU Lakes

download (5).jpg

Kyle Whittingham's pad in Salt Lake City.

Why? It's important!

Screenshot (13).png

• 2 months later...