DOJ to unseal Mar-A-Lago warrant

Wildcat Will

26 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Liar.

No president leaves with papers that belong to the government.

30 million pages of Obama administration records had been trucked to Chicago. The Obama Foundation, working with the National Archives, promised to digitize and put them online. Almost six years after the records arrived at a Chicago-area warehouse, that hasn’t happened.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

30 million pages of Obama administration records had been trucked to Chicago. The Obama Foundation, working with the National Archives, promised to digitize and put them online. Almost six years after the records arrived at a Chicago-area warehouse, that hasn’t happened.

Let's tell the whole truth.

No, Obama did not keep 33 million pages of his administration’s records

The National Archives debunked former President Trump’s claim that former President Obama kept more than 30 million pages of documents, “much of them classified."

During a recent search of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, the FBI recovered documents that were labeled “top secret,” the Associated Press reported on Aug. 12. 

In response to the search, Trump claimed in a statement that has since been deleted that former President Barack Obama “kept 33 million pages of documents, much of them classified.” 

Statement from former President Donald Trump claiming that former President Barack Obama kept records from his administration

THE QUESTION

Did former President Barack Obama keep 33 million pages of his administration’s records?

THE SOURCES

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)

Congressional Research Service (CRS) 

THE ANSWER

No, former President Barack Obama did not keep 33 million pages of his administration’s records. 

WHAT WE FOUND

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) debunked Trump’s claims in a statement on Aug. 12, writing that it “assumed exclusive legal and physical custody” of Obama’s presidential records when he left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA).

“NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area,” the statement reads. “As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.”

In previous statements, the NARA also detailed efforts to acquire Trump’s presidential records. 

The agency said in February 2022 that it had “obtained the cooperation of Trump representatives” to locate records that hadn’t been transferred to the National Archives at the end of Trump’s administration. 

The PRA, which was passed in 1978, “states that presidential records are property of the United States,” according to a report from the Congressional Research Service (CRS). Before the act was passed, administration records were the president’s private property.  

The definition of presidential records in the PRA does exclude a president’s personal records, defined as “documents of a purely private or nonpublic character,” the CRS report says. 

A website devoted to the Barack Obama Presidential Library, maintained by the National Archives, also provides more information about the preservation of the Obama administration’s records. 

In May 2017, the Obama Foundation decided not to construct a Presidential Library to house paper records and physical artifacts. Instead, the Foundation sought to provide funding for the digitization of records so they’d be available online. 

“While the vast majority of the material transferred into the custody of the National Archives from the Obama administration was ‘born digital’ (the 300 million emails are equivalent to over one billion pages), the 30 million pages of paper records are an integral part of the collection,” the website says. 

Following digitization, which is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NARA will store and preserve the Obama administration’s records in an existing NARA facility. The materials are currently housed in a temporary facility in Illinois that is not open to the public. 

Obama’s presidential records did become subject to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests on Jan. 20, 2022, so NARA will “process textual records in a traditional manner,” according to the Library’s website. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Let's tell the whole truth.

No, Obama did not keep 33 million pages of his administration’s records

The National Archives debunked former President Trump’s claim that former President Obama kept more than 30 million pages of documents, “much of them classified."

During a recent search of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, the FBI recovered documents that were labeled “top secret,” the Associated Press reported on Aug. 12. 

In response to the search, Trump claimed in a statement that has since been deleted that former President Barack Obama “kept 33 million pages of documents, much of them classified.” 

Statement from former President Donald Trump claiming that former President Barack Obama kept records from his administration

THE QUESTION

Did former President Barack Obama keep 33 million pages of his administration’s records?

THE SOURCES

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)

Congressional Research Service (CRS) 

THE ANSWER

No, former President Barack Obama did not keep 33 million pages of his administration’s records. 

WHAT WE FOUND

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) debunked Trump’s claims in a statement on Aug. 12, writing that it “assumed exclusive legal and physical custody” of Obama’s presidential records when he left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA).

“NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area,” the statement reads. “As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.”

In previous statements, the NARA also detailed efforts to acquire Trump’s presidential records. 

The agency said in February 2022 that it had “obtained the cooperation of Trump representatives” to locate records that hadn’t been transferred to the National Archives at the end of Trump’s administration. 

The PRA, which was passed in 1978, “states that presidential records are property of the United States,” according to a report from the Congressional Research Service (CRS). Before the act was passed, administration records were the president’s private property.  

The definition of presidential records in the PRA does exclude a president’s personal records, defined as “documents of a purely private or nonpublic character,” the CRS report says. 

A website devoted to the Barack Obama Presidential Library, maintained by the National Archives, also provides more information about the preservation of the Obama administration’s records. 

In May 2017, the Obama Foundation decided not to construct a Presidential Library to house paper records and physical artifacts. Instead, the Foundation sought to provide funding for the digitization of records so they’d be available online. 

“While the vast majority of the material transferred into the custody of the National Archives from the Obama administration was ‘born digital’ (the 300 million emails are equivalent to over one billion pages), the 30 million pages of paper records are an integral part of the collection,” the website says. 

Following digitization, which is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NARA will store and preserve the Obama administration’s records in an existing NARA facility. The materials are currently housed in a temporary facility in Illinois that is not open to the public. 

Obama’s presidential records did become subject to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests on Jan. 20, 2022, so NARA will “process textual records in a traditional manner,” according to the Library’s website. 

My quote above is accurate. Your second line is not, Obama absolutely keep over 30 million pages of information. There is a lot of misinformation in your post - NARA did approve the housing of the records but still want copies which haven’t been produced to date. 

So to answer your initial false statement presidents have moved documents from the Whitehouse on many occasions. The issue now is the FBI attempting to make this a bigger issue. This is a nothing burger. 

My 1,000 bet still stands about Nuclear Docs that where leaked by the FBI by 12/31/2022 if anyone of you feels froggy. Won’t happen

• Like 1

This is a truer picture vs the fluff article you chose to post.

When President Barack Obama left office in January 2017, some 30 million pages of documents from his administration were moved to a warehouse near Chicago that previously was the site of a furniture store. 

The Obama Foundation announced a plan to digitize all of the records ahead of building a $500 million Obama Presidential Center. 

The major difference between the Obama center and previous presidential libraries is that it would be run by the Obama Foundation, a nonprofit established by the former president and former first lady Michelle Obama.

Going back to Herbert Hoover, the National Archives and Records Administration has maintained presidential libraries and records. 

Obama’s plan caused some angst among historians, The New York Times reported. 

“The absence of a true Obama presidential library will have the effect of discouraging serious and potentially critical research into the Obama presidency,” David Garrow, a Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and Obama biographer, told the Times.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:36 AM, Warrior said:

Show me ANY source that has confirmed the leak of Nuclear docs found at Mar-A-Lago?

I wasn't expecting you to have an answer.  It is extremely convenient to be able to just say "Not a credible source" when the information doesn't fit with what you want.  

Btw, your information regarding Obama and Clinton Presidential records is wrong and is easily proven.  Hard to imagine being so distrustful of all media that you can't identify a single one you believe in.  

One more question and then I will be done.  Let's say that there is a source you believe and they said Trump took documents, would that even matter to you?  Would that be wrong to do?  A simple YES or NO answer would be appreciated.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I wasn't expecting you to have an answer.  It is extremely convenient to be able to just say "Not a credible source" when the information doesn't fit with what you want.  

Btw, your information regarding Obama and Clinton Presidential records is wrong and is easily proven.  Hard to imagine being so distrustful of all media that you can't identify a single one you believe in.  

One more question and then I will be done.  Let's say that there is a source you believe and they said Trump took documents, would that even matter to you?  Would that be wrong to do?  A simple YES or NO answer would be appreciated.  

See you saying something doesn't make your answer correct. I provided a source on my Presidential Records answer - you provided an opinion article. 

And you misquoted me - I said show me ANY source that has confirmed the Nuclear Leak by the FBI in the NY Times article. I'll wait. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Warrior said:

See you saying something doesn't make your answer correct. I provided a source on my Presidential Records answer - you provided an opinion article. 

And you misquoted me - I said show me ANY source that has confirmed the Nuclear Leak by the FBI in the NY Times article. I'll wait. 

…..and……crickets.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2022 at 12:22 PM, GoBigBlack said:

That’s not the bet. You’re claiming the nuke story is a bullshit lie made up by the DOJ. I’m saying you’re wrong and will bet you any amount of money that the leak is accurate. 

The bet is on the nuclear docs you’re doubting. If it turns out the leak was made up, you win. If it wasn’t then I win. $1,000 is fine unless you want to bump it up. I’m on board with the deadline, but we don’t need to go that far out. Let’s call it 12/31. You in?

Has the leak been verified about the Nuclear Docs? Get my $1G ready for Christmas. Guessing he’ll disappear and not been seen from again. Typical lib can’t be trusted with anything let along a bet. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Warrior said:

Has the leak been verified about the Nuclear Docs? Get my $1G ready for Christmas. Guessing he’ll disappear and not been seen from again. Typical lib can’t be trusted with anything let along a bet. 

Oct. 21, 2022, 5:51 PM EDT
By Tom Winter, Michael Kosnar and Ken Dilanian

The FBI found documents containing classified intelligence regarding Iran and China at former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home, say two people familiar with the matter.

The Washington Post was first to report that the intelligence on Iran and China was found at Trump’s Florida residence and club during the FBI’s recent search of the property.

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:
Oct. 21, 2022, 5:51 PM EDT
By Tom Winter, Michael Kosnar and Ken Dilanian

The FBI found documents containing classified intelligence regarding Iran and China at former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home, say two people familiar with the matter.

The Washington Post was first to report that the intelligence on Iran and China was found at Trump’s Florida residence and club during the FBI’s recent search of the property.

DP, I don’t do hearsay. When the article says “say two people familiar with the matter” as their source it doesn’t mean squat. Show me the FBI found from the FBI our a court of law or file charges based on the evidence and we’ll talk. You love using hearsay as facts. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warrior said:

In your head

It's true that Obama White House records made their way to Chicago at the end of his second term. But the process of transferring the documents was done in cooperation with the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), which legally owns those records under the Presidential Records Act.

The 1978 law declares presidential and vice-presidential records property of the federal government, with the NARA responsible for the "custody, control and preservation" of the materials once a presidential administration ends.

Rather than store the Obama records in a physical presidential library owned by the NARA as many of his predecessors have done, the Obama Foundation worked with the agency to digitize the documents.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat Will said:

Do your homework.

Find a more reliable source

In the middle of directing the difficult task of transferring the historically important records of the Obama administration into the National Archives, the archivist in charge, David Ferriero, ran into a serious problem: A lot of key records are missing.

A first-rate librarian, Ferriero has been driving a much-needed digital overhaul and expansion of the National Archives over the nine years of his appointment. This will greatly improve the ability of digital search locally and remotely, as well as accessing the files themselves. 

To support this effort, in 2014 President Obama signed the Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments. For the first time electronic government records were placed under the 1950 Federal Records Act. The new law also included updates clarifying "the responsibilities of federal government officials when using non-government email systems" and empowering "the National Archives to safeguard original and classified records from unauthorized removal.” Additionally, it gives the Archivist of the United States the final authority in determining just what is a government record.

And yet the accumulation of recent congressional testimony has made it clear that the Obama administration itself engaged in the wholesale destruction and “loss” of tens of thousands of government records covered under the act as well as the intentional evasion of the government records recording system by engaging in private email exchanges. So far, former President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Lynch and several EPA officials have been named as offenders. The IRS suffered record “losses” as well. Former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy called it “an unauthorized private communications system for official business for the patent purpose of defeating federal record-keeping and disclosure laws.”

When President Barack Obama left office in January 2017, some 30 million pages of documents from his administration were moved to a warehouse near Chicago that previously was the site of a furniture store. 

The Obama Foundation announced a plan to digitize all of the records ahead of building a $500 million Obama Presidential Center. 

The major difference between the Obama center and previous presidential libraries is that it would be run by the Obama Foundation, a nonprofit established by the former president and former first lady Michelle Obama.

Going back to Herbert Hoover, the National Archives and Records Administration has maintained presidential libraries and records. 

“The absence of a true Obama presidential library will have the effect of discouraging serious and potentially critical research into the Obama presidency,” David Garrow, a Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and Obama biographer, told the Times.

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

Find a more reliable source

In the middle of directing the difficult task of transferring the historically important records of the Obama administration into the National Archives, the archivist in charge, David Ferriero, ran into a serious problem: A lot of key records are missing.

A first-rate librarian, Ferriero has been driving a much-needed digital overhaul and expansion of the National Archives over the nine years of his appointment. This will greatly improve the ability of digital search locally and remotely, as well as accessing the files themselves. 

To support this effort, in 2014 President Obama signed the Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments. For the first time electronic government records were placed under the 1950 Federal Records Act. The new law also included updates clarifying "the responsibilities of federal government officials when using non-government email systems" and empowering "the National Archives to safeguard original and classified records from unauthorized removal.” Additionally, it gives the Archivist of the United States the final authority in determining just what is a government record.

And yet the accumulation of recent congressional testimony has made it clear that the Obama administration itself engaged in the wholesale destruction and “loss” of tens of thousands of government records covered under the act as well as the intentional evasion of the government records recording system by engaging in private email exchanges. So far, former President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Lynch and several EPA officials have been named as offenders. The IRS suffered record “losses” as well. Former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy called it “an unauthorized private communications system for official business for the patent purpose of defeating federal record-keeping and disclosure laws.”

Thank you for verifying my post. 

Those documents were in the hands of NARA immediately and we're simply stored differently as they awaited the process. 

The 1978 law declares presidential and vice-presidential records property of the federal government, with the NARA responsible for the "custody, control and preservation" of the materials once a presidential administration ends.

Nothing more needs to be said.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat Will said:

Thank you for verifying my post. 

Those documents were in the hands of NARA immediately and we're simply stored differently as they awaited the process. 

The 1978 law declares presidential and vice-presidential records property of the federal government, with the NARA responsible for the "custody, control and preservation" of the materials once a presidential administration ends.

Nothing more needs to be said.

You're too stupid to comprehend. 

Almost all the media coverage of this controversy has ignored or downplayed the dismal failure of the Presidential Records Act to reveal presidents’ records. A Washington Post analysis of the dispute on the 30 million pages conceded, “As with many issues of government transparency and document-sharing, it’s true that this is not great! You often have to wait years for requested documents, and this appears to be no exception.”

But journalists should be outraged by this perpetual stonewalling. Barack and Michelle Obama collected a $65 million advance for their memoirs, but Americans are still effectively prohibited from seeing his official records.

The Presidential Records Act requires people seeking information to file a Freedom of Information Act request. As Politico reported in March, “At many presidential libraries, the queues for processing FOIAs stretch for years,” and requests “involving classified information can take more than a decade.”

The Obama Foundation and the National Archives talk about digitizing those 30 million pages as if it were an almost unfathomable labor of Hercules. It took me less than five minutes searching online to find a Kodak scanner that can handle 150,000 pages a day. Buy 10 of those scanners, and the 30 million pages could easily be digitized within a month. The scanners cost $20,000 each, but the Obama Foundation has $560 million in assets and the top three employees receive more than $500,000 a year. It could easily find the money for the scanners if disclosure were the goal.

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 5:20 PM, concha said:

It's great that all that's required to determine intent is to ask GBB his esteemed opinion. "How do we know it was willful, your honor? Well, we're glad you asked.  None other than GBB from the high school football board thinks so. What? Was he there when the docs were packed? Well, no.  Does he personally know Trump? Uh, no. Does he have video of Trump ordering the surreptitious removal of the documents? Let's see... nope again."

Interesting… he’s now claiming that just because he transported the documents doesn’t mean it was illegal. But was it willful? Just another dumbass post that aged like blue cheese mixed in a jar with toe jam and left out all week on the Vegas strip sidewalk in July. Maybe if those Clark County mail-in ballots go for the Republican, though! L. O. Fucking. L.

10 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Interesting… he’s now claiming that just because he transported the documents doesn’t mean it was illegal. But was it willful? Just another dumbass post that aged like blue cheese mixed in a jar with toe jam and left out all week on the Vegas strip sidewalk in July. Maybe if those Clark County mail-in ballots go for the Republican, though! L. O. Fucking. L.

That’s a deadly combo…blue cheese with toe jam in Vegas 🤮😂

On 9/8/2022 at 12:22 PM, GoBigBlack said:

That’s not the bet. You’re claiming the nuke story is a bullshit lie made up by the DOJ. I’m saying you’re wrong and will bet you any amount of money that the leak is accurate. 

The bet is on the nuclear docs you’re doubting. If it turns out the leak was made up, you win. If it wasn’t then I win. $1,000 is fine unless you want to bump it up. I’m on board with the deadline, but we don’t need to go that far out. Let’s call it 12/31. You in?

Not sure if you saw the article from the WaPo yet, some clips from it for your review of this hit job. Here's why the story went to away so quickly. 

Federal agents and prosecutors have come to believe former president Donald Trump’s motive for allegedly taking and keeping classified documents was largely his ego and a desire to hold on to the materials as trophies or mementos, according to people familiar with the matter.

That review has not found any apparent business advantage to the types of classified information in Trump’s possession, these people said. FBI interviews with witnesses so far, they said, also do not point to any nefarious effort by Trump to leverage, sell or use the government secrets. Instead, the former president seemed motivated by a more basic desire not to give up what he believed was his property, these people said.

The people familiar with the matter cautioned that the investigation is ongoing, that no final determinations have been made, and that it is possible additional information could emerge that changes investigators’ understanding of Trump’s motivations. But they said the evidence collected over a period of months indicates the primary explanation for potentially criminal conduct was Trump’s ego and intransigence.

Not only did the FBI not find any nuclear bomb codes, but they also found no evidence that Trump was looking to “leverage, sell or use the government secrets.”

So Trump wasn’t selling nuclear secrets on Craigslist after all. Who knew? Everyone. And that likely includes the Department of Justice and the FBI but definitely not GBB, Willie to DP. 

Oh and GBB don't go running come 12/31/22. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Not sure if you saw the article from the WaPo yet, some clips from it for your review of this hit job. Here's why the story went to away so quickly. 

Federal agents and prosecutors have come to believe former president Donald Trump’s motive for allegedly taking and keeping classified documents was largely his ego and a desire to hold on to the materials as trophies or mementos, according to people familiar with the matter.

That review has not found any apparent business advantage to the types of classified information in Trump’s possession, these people said. FBI interviews with witnesses so far, they said, also do not point to any nefarious effort by Trump to leverage, sell or use the government secrets. Instead, the former president seemed motivated by a more basic desire not to give up what he believed was his property, these people said.

The people familiar with the matter cautioned that the investigation is ongoing, that no final determinations have been made, and that it is possible additional information could emerge that changes investigators’ understanding of Trump’s motivations. But they said the evidence collected over a period of months indicates the primary explanation for potentially criminal conduct was Trump’s ego and intransigence.

Not only did the FBI not find any nuclear bomb codes, but they also found no evidence that Trump was looking to “leverage, sell or use the government secrets.”

So Trump wasn’t selling nuclear secrets on Craigslist after all. Who knew? Everyone. And that likely includes the Department of Justice and the FBI but definitely not GBB, Willie to DP. 

"nuclear bomb codes"??...LOL...that's not what was ever claimed....it was reported as info. related to nuclear secrets...you threw the word "codes" in there for effect I guess??

To make long story short the Washington Post ran the story...but you don't believe it because they are a liberal newspaper?...so you can't lose the "bet" you want to win so bad...you lost the bet...face it and move on Champ...you LOST...😉

28 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Farce the Music: George Carlin Country Reaction Gifs