PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll (Updated 1/5)

PrepGridiron

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No 3-loss team is in my T25 poll. Nor do they deserve to be unless the losses are vs highly ranked OOS teams like IMG, MD, BG, AHP, etc. Sorry. 

This is a piss poor way to look at things.

With all due respect... Brookwood, Tift, & Lowndes ARE all very good teams. Not quite IMG or MD but I guarantee theyd be ok against the rest of the teams you named.

A poll is also 100% suppose to be about how a team is playing now. And Colquitt, a 3 loss team, lost by 17 to Brookwood months ago, but got revenge on them recently beating them by 17... 34 point swing.

Beating Walton, Archer, and Brookwood back to back to back all on the road is one of the biggest achievements of this HSFB season ANYWHERE.

Colquitt is playing like a Top 25team, but GSB wont add them to HIS top 25 because of losses earlier in the season... Hella good losses too. Even though they have more than made up for them.

You are wrong if you think theres much divide between teams like Brookwood, Tift, and Lowndes (all top 10 GA teams)... And teams like AHP & BG this year. Hell a REALLY down Colquitt squad almost beat an undefeated Top 10 AHP team last year. If they were to play right now, reality is its a 50/50 (if not in Colquitts favor) type game)

You have to ask yourself which teams are playing the best football right now when making a poll...thats what a poll is.

• Like 1

On December 8, 2017 at 10:08 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I will petition to have you removed from the Reader's Poll if you have Rome ranked ahead of Colquitt. 

Comish? @The Comish

xD

There is no wonder the poll is starting to look a little screwy here at the end. 

Dear member,

All requests for grievances related to fellow member  should be submitted before midnight Dec. 14.  Please include (3) three notarized copies and a certified check for $75 for the processing fee ( aka exec board slush fund) 

Upon receipt of the afore mentioned items, your issue will be duly considered.  You can expect a response within 4-6 weeks.

thank you in advance for using the proper venues for this matter 

- The Comish 

• Haha 1

Week 17 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 12/14/2017. 

1. Mater Dei (CA) 
  2. IMG Academy (FL) 
  3. Allen (TX)
  4. American Heritage (FL)
  5. St. Frances Academy (MD)
  6. Ben Davis (IN)
  7. Katy (TX)
  8. Bingham (UT)
  9. Bishop Gorman (NV) 
  10. St. John Bosco (CA)
  11. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  12. Trinity (KY) 
  13. St. John's College (DC)
  14. De La Salle (CA)
  15. Pine-Richland (PA)
  16. Miami Central (FL)
  17. Pickerington Central (OH)
  18. Centennial (CA)
  19. Chandler (AZ)
  20. N. Gwinnett (GA)
  21. South Pointe (SC)
  22. Midway (TX)
  23. Westlake (TX)
  24. Folsom (CA)
  25. Archbishop Hoban (OH)

On the Bubble:  Brentwood Academy (TN), Trotwood-Madison (OH), St. Louis (HI), Venice (FL)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's incredible how head-to-head games are meaningless to so many. Sheesh. 

And four teams from TX is way too many. 

And Go Wolves!!! #undefeated

For argument's sake, let me ask you a question. A hypothetical: if we believe Bishop Gorman would go 9-5 (can't beat themselves) against the top 15 and Miami Central would go 7-8, do we put BG below MC just because MC beat BG in a head to head. Just want to hear your answer. 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Much different. The team I'm speaking of went undefeated in a Power 5 state AND beat the team many have above them. 

They went undefeated against a terrible schedule. If you compare and ranked  the top 15 teams from Pick Central and T-M's schedules, Pick Central would have around 13 of the top 15 opponents, and T-M's 2 would be much lower on the list.

Pick Central played 6 games against top tier Ohio teams. And 2 good OOS games........T-M played 1 top tier team all year.

If T-M had won in week 10 instead of week 3, the notion of T-M as the top Ohio team would carry more weight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Prep Nation and I will agree to disagree. PR, SP, Ben Davis and Trinity* went undefeated vs a "terrible" schedule as well. Why are they all ranked so high? 

I agree 100% on SP. Been saying it for weeks, along with the OK teams, and Cen10.....

P-R dominated everybody on their schedule.....including a 41-0 smack down of Wayne, whom is a common opponent with T-M.....and T-M barely escaped with a win 14-7.

Trinity and Ben Davis both also dominated their schedules except for a good Warren Central team........and Ben Davis' schedule is significantly better than T-M's 

T-M struggled with 4 teams, none of whom are top 15 Ohio teams, and one who was terrible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

According to this, we give SP the least love. 

With the Algorithm polls/ratings, HSFBA (Jeff Fisher) has South Pointe at #5 with CP and Massey NR.   Quite a contrast there.   Surprised not a single vote for West Point, while Pearl gets a #18 from USA Today.   Imo Halley chose the wrong MS school but Pearl ran the table too.  

I guess that I better not hear a dad-blamed thing about having to prove it on the field next year. Y'all haven't seen an ol' boy get heated up on ya just yet. Wait until I hear that crap next year as it pertains to other teams. Ima take a flamethrower to this crap and burn out the idiocy. 

Sometimes you just have to kill it with fire. Not my usual style, but it's not because I'm not capable. 

Related image

Image result for crazy gif

• Like 2

Week 18 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 12/19/2017. 

1. Mater Dei (CA) 
  2. IMG Academy (FL) 
  3. Allen (TX)
  4. St. Frances Academy (MD)
  5. American Heritage (FL)
  6. Ben Davis (IN)
  7. St. John Bosco (CA)
  8. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  9. Bingham (UT)
  10. Bishop Gorman (NV) 
  11. Centennial (CA)
  12. Miami Central (FL)
  13. Pine-Richland (PA)
  14. St. John's College (DC)
  15. Trinity (KY) 
  16. Pickerington Central (OH)
  17. Midway (TX)
  18. N. Gwinnett (GA)
  19. De La Salle (CA)
  20. Chandler (AZ)
  21. Lake Travis (TX)
  22. Trotwood-Madison (OH)
  23. Archbishop Hoban (OH)
  24. Folsom (CA)
  25. Rome (GA)

On the Bubble:  Mission Viejo (CA), Venice (FL), West Point (MS), St. Louis (HI)

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Rome is well inside my T20. They'd be ahead of P-R, Trinity*, Pick, NG, Midway, LT, TM, and AH. 

I don't agree that they should be ahead of NG simply on being undefeated. Of course. I've said that before. Not sure if I'd have them ahead of Lake Travis either.  Can't really argue about having them ahead of the Ohio duo though. 

• Like 1