PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll (Updated 1/5)

PrepGridiron

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@dntn31 would it be too much to ask for you to add our poll to your compilation each week? Please advise. Thx. 

I asked about this earlier in the year and received a mixed response. Also, the major polls are all released by Monday around noon EST. This poll usually isn't released until much later in the week (typically Friday?).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJB and MNW way too high with their respective bad losses. And I don't believe PA deserves two teams in the T25 let alone one. 

SJB will have a chance to justify their ranking tonight and hopefully next week. Also, Week 0 SJB that lost in OT on the road at STA is not the same team playing tonight. To steal a page from the DLS playbook, #HyperImprovement. :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dntn31 said:

SJB will have a chance to justify their ranking tonight and hopefully next week. Also, Week 0 SJB that lost in OT on the road at STA is not the same team playing tonight. To steal a page from the DLS playbook, #HyperImprovement. :D

The problem is all the rest of SJBs games have been against more California teams (already known to be overvalued) and an unreliable St. John's team.

Hard to say if SJBs improvement is due to soft California competition and not playing Southeast/real tough football anymore... or if they are actually better.

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2017 at 4:27 PM, dntn31 said:

Not just a DLS thing. Many teams will improve overall, but sometimes you get different factors that put a team way higher late in the season vs early.  Best example I have was the year Folsom was blown out by Grant in pre-season, but they faced each other again in the playoffs and the roles were reversed. Folsom blew out Grant in that game. Folsom did improve a lot throughout the year and Grant on the other hand got hit with the injury bug and was not the same team they were early in the year.  Similar reason as to why I believe many DLS guys were saying they would have loved to have faced STA again after losing badly to them early in the season.  That  year STA was hit with injuries and was not the same team that beat DLS earlier in the season. DLS on the other hand was gelling much better late in the season that year

• Haha 1

Week 15 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 11/30/2017. 

1. IMG Academy (FL) 
  2. Mater Dei (CA) 
  3. Allen (TX) 
  4. American Heritage (FL)
  5. St. Frances Academy (MD) 
  6. St John Bosco (CA)
  7. Ben Davis (IN)
  8. Katy (TX)
  9. Bingham (UT) 
  10. Bishop Gorman (NV) 
  11. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  12. Trinity (KY)
  13. De La Salle (CA)
  14. St. John's College (DC)
  15. Centennial (CA)
  16. Miami Central (FL)
  17. St. Joseph's Prep (PA)
  18. Pine-Richland (PA)
  19. Union (OK)
  20. Pickerington Central (OH)
  21. North Gwinnett (GA)
  22. Chandler (AZ)
  23. Mentor (OH)
  24. St. Louis (HI)
  25. Mission Viejo (CA)

On the Bubble:  St. Joseph's Regional (NJ), Lincoln-Way East (IL), St. Thomas Aquinas (FL), Cardinal Gibbons (FL)

• Like 1

Week 16 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 12/08/2017. 

1. Mater Dei (CA) 
  2. IMG Academy (FL) 
  3. Allen (TX) 
  4. American Heritage (FL)
  5. Ben Davis (IN)
  6. St. Frances Academy (MD)
  7. Bingham (UT) 
  8. Katy (TX)
  9. Bishop Gorman (NV) 
  10. St. John Bosco (CA)
  11. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  12. St. John's College (DC)
  13. De La Salle (CA)
  14. Trinity (KY) 
  15. Centennial (CA)
  16. St. Joseph's Prep (PA)
  17. Miami Central (FL)
  18. Pine-Richland (PA)
  19. Chandler (AZ)
  20. Pickerington Central (OH)
  21. Armwood (FL)
  22. N. Gwinnett (GA)
  23. South Pointe (SC)
  24. Archbishop Hoban (OH)
  25. Brentwood Academy (TN)

On the Bubble:  Cardinal Gibbons (FL), Trotwood-Madison (OH), St. Louis (HI), Westlake (TX)

Overall solid job. South Pointe makes no sense to me unless you have Rome ahead of them, which would seem to ignore the GA instate rankings. 

I still don't understand Cen10 in the top 25, let alone #15. I guess people are ranking them on what they could've been, rather than what they were....and that's just dumb.

I don't really agree with Ohio, but it is what it is, Ohio is always difficult to rank...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I still don't understand Cen10 in the top 25, let alone #15. I guess people are ranking them on what they could've been, rather than what they were....and that's just dumb.

Tough to rank as their 2 marquee game were F'd due to their stud QB being injured early vs. IMG and then out for SJB.   Common opponent Pittsburgh,  DLS differential +17,  Cen10 +42 .  

Also, Narbonne lost to St. Louis 56-50, while Cen10 beat Narbonne 52-6.  

Their D vs. SJB wasn't pretty though.   That didn't help their case.  

45 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Tough to rank as their 2 marquee game were F'd due to their stud QB being injured early vs. IMG and then out for SJB.   Common opponent Pittsburgh,  DLS differential +17,  Cen10 +42 .  

Also, Narbonne lost to St. Louis 56-50, while Cen10 beat Narbonne 52-6.  

Their D vs. SJB wasn't pretty though.   That didn't help their case.  

Since their season is over, and he's been injured frequently this season and he didn't play in the last game, you have to rank them as if they are without McKee. 

Cen10 had McKee against Narbonne and Pittsburg earlier in the year. MOV as it pertains to DLS/Pittsburg means very little, because both teams held Pittsburg to 1 score and both won by 3+ scores. Cen10 is a fast paced offense, DLS is more of a slower clock burning offense.

Later in the year,  even with McKee, they didn't look like a top 25 team against either Gardena Serra, Murrieta Valley(before their QB went out.)  

• Like 1