PrepGridiron

DLS/SJC  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will De La Salle avoid another OOS loss?

• No, another black eye for California
    • Yes...finally

8 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

That's awesome. Happy to meet up with any members of the board. Good luck to your school

Thanks! I'll be happy to meet any of y'all.

I'm short and will be wearing a darkish-grey golf shirt with SJC logo. (I don't know how unique that will be.)

SJC is also a Christian Brother high school, and I've long considered De La Salle to be its Bay Area doppelgänger.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, almadenmike said:

>> 1DayPGA said: With that heat it would be bad enough to be having to sit in the stands wearing shorts and a t-shirt. 

I'll be there, driving up from San Jose.

It's my first time to see my HS team play since I graduated from SJC (many years ago). We're having a pre-game alumni event, too.  It should be a good game, as long as both teams handle the heat properly. 

Mike, you better get on the road early. I was down in the San Jose area yesterday heading Northbound on 680 at 3pm and the traffic was brutal before the Sunol Grade. Once passed 84 it was okay. But it will get backed up again once you get to the Danville area on 680.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Mike,

Very cool, and welcome to the board!  If you are interested, just bring your phone to the game as in the past we've coordinated more than one meet and greet using the game threads.

Should be fun.

Will do. I'll be with the SJC alums & staff. (I don't know how many of us there will be.)

Looking forward to a fun (if toasty) evening.

Just now, 1DayPGA said:

Mike, you better get on the road early. I was down in the San Jose area yesterday heading Northbound on 680 at 3pm and the traffic was brutal before the Sunol Grade. Once passed 84 it was okay. But it will get backed up again once you get to the Danville area on 680.

Indeed. I'm planning to be on the road early. Our alumni event starts at 5.  For sure, I'm not looking forward to the holiday-weekend getaway traffic, which I expect will be an issue any time after noon.

5 minutes ago, almadenmike said:

The event's coordinator just told me ~90 SJC alums and staff will be attending the game.  That's a great turnout!

That's good to hear. You'll be surprised when you see their facilities. It's not a big fancy stadium and whatnot, just a little old hs football field with some bleachers and some silver and green Spartans that roam the field. :)

8 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

That's good to hear. You'll be surprised when you see their facilities. It's not a big fancy stadium and whatnot, just a little old hs football field with some bleachers and some silver and green Spartans that roam the field. :)

:-)  Yep. This is not Texas.  :-)

SJC's field and stands are not very fancy either: https://goo.gl/maps/bPMPF36ZcVQ2

Edited by almadenmike
added details

1 hour ago, almadenmike said:

How good/athletic are the DLS DBs? From video of last weelk's Orlando Jones game (link earlier in this thread), it looks like the SJC QB makes pretty good throws: long, sideline and crossing patterns.

They have one CB returning, and the rest are first year starters.  The DL is going to have to get pressure on the SJC QB.  I agree, he looked pretty good last week against Jones.  Might be a long night for DLS if they don't.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I believe one DLS person said this.  The rest said in the top 5 but not 1.  Then of course all the DLS haters took it and ran with it as tho it were gospel.  

I believe that pops, if that's who you're referring to, said that it was their best team that actually suffered a loss.  But, yes, either way, the haters ran with it like a 400x100.

1 hour ago, 1DayPGA said:

It will be crazy packed tomorrow what with Friday before a 3 day weekend.  Plan on leaving early.  Luckily we have a home game vs WIlcox. 

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You're saying you haven't support Pop's constant humping of DLS? Come on man...

I have with likes and maybe a atta boy here and there but as far as typing out constant posts the way you made it sound? Hells to the no.  Granted DLS is the most famous HSFP program in the nation and deserves all the accolades they get.  lol

55 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I believe that pops, if that's who you're referring to, said that it was their best team that actually suffered a loss.  But, yes, either way, the haters ran with it like a 400x100.

Exactly.  Lol.  Been on these boards for years now and any DLS topic or post brings them all out like it were a full moon or something. lol

53 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/recruiting-insider/wp/2017/08/31/high-school-football-notebook-st-johns-looks-very-much-like-a-top-5-team/?utm_term=.eb5324292c22

Definitely impressive pocket presence by the QB on the highlighted play. WR also does an excellent job of asking for the ball and adjusting.

For some reason I don't see their QB getting that kind of time to move around the pocket.  Kid looks like he might have an arm either way.  SJC has some ballers thats for sure.  Could be a long night for the Spartans at the double OO.

52 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Speaking of constant humping, I believe that about 3/4 of the threads started on this site are all about pimping GA.  Just sayin'.

3/4????  Hahahaha.  You're being generous here.  Its a TON with those kats.  Although CCblack has leaned closer to the Atlien/Hawg type poster instead of the ECHS/Rab side. LOL.  I kid I kid.

47 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Speaking of constant humping, I believe that about 3/4 of the threads started on this site are all about pimping GA.  Just sayin'.

Thread 1: ESPN Analyst... neutral

Thread 2: DLS vs SJC --- Cali thread

Thread 3: A SJR guy talking about periscoping games --- neutral

Thread 4: Harvey talk, no football in Tx... Texas

Thread 5: Weather in Cali for Fri. Games --- Cali thread

Thread 6: "Trinity League Podcast" --- Cali thread

Thread 7: STA backup starting in SEC - Florida thread

Thread 8: Rab being Rab -- Georgia thread

Thread 9: DBP vs Byrnes -- NJ/SC thread

Thread 10: SPP --- NJ thread

Thread 11: No Weakness vs Once-n-a-Gen --- Cali thread

Thread 12: MP vs Chaminade CA --- AZ/CA thread

So out of the 1st 12 threads.... 5 are California related and 1 is Georgia related ...

More lies from the CA crew.

14 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Thread 1: ESPN Analyst... neutral

Thread 2: DLS vs SJC --- Cali thread

Thread 3: A SJR guy talking about periscoping games --- neutral

Thread 4: Harvey talk, no football in Tx... Texas

Thread 5: Weather in Cali for Fri. Games --- Cali thread

Thread 6: "Trinity League Podcast" --- Cali thread

Thread 7: STA backup starting in SEC - Florida thread

Thread 8: Rab being Rab -- Georgia thread

Thread 9: DBP vs Byrnes -- NJ/SC thread

Thread 10: SPP --- NJ thread

Thread 11: No Weakness vs Once-n-a-Gen --- Cali thread

Thread 12: MP vs Chaminade CA --- AZ/CA thread

So out of the 1st 12 threads.... 5 are California related and 1 is Georgia related ...

More lies from the CA crew.

So tomorrow there are (3) Calif games involving Top 20 teams including 1vs 2 and 3 vs 8.   And your complaint is?????