GOTW #1- The Bishop vs Mater Dei

AztecPadre

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

This is the game I have been waiting for.  This game will be so epic.  Who takes it and why?  Gorman is not what they were last year I don't think but then again it was their first game and had a new starting QB for the first time in 3 years.  I got Mater Dei taking it by 10. 28-18 type game. 

This game should be absolutely epic

21 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

We sure about that ? They looked pretty damn good to me. Don't see much of a drop off. 

I didn't see the same team.  I saw a tad bit of a drop off.  Of course I could be wrong but like I said new QB and it was their first game.  Both teams have a game under their belt so we will see what they got in a few days.  Im a big Dorian fan too.  I wonder who the next Cali QB The Bishop poaches? 

34 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

This is the game I have been waiting for.  This game will be so epic.  Who takes it and why?  Gorman is not what they were last year I don't think but then again it was their first game and had a new starting QB for the first time in 3 years.  I got Mater Dei taking it by 10. 28-18 type game. 

Why do you say BG isn't like they were last year and point to their new QB?

Ridiculous.  They may be even better.  Their "new QB" accounted for 5 TD's, threw for 300+ yards vs. a very good Dematha team, and has scholies up the yang

• Like 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Ridiculous.  They may be even better.  Their "new QB" accounted for 5 TD's, threw for 300+ yards vs. a very good Dematha team, and has scholies up the yang

Meant more along the line of team getting use to a new leader.  As I stated in my previous post I have always been a big Dorian fan sammy.  Read my friend. Read. 

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I didn't see the same team.  I saw a tad bit of a drop off.  Of course I could be wrong but like I said new QB and it was their first game.  Both teams have a game under their belt so we will see what they got in a few days.  Im a big Dorian fan too.  I wonder who the next Cali QB The Bishop poaches? 

Maybe you found The Bishop's weakness.....new QB .

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Their defense isn't anywhere near last year's version. 

Their O- line also isn't as good.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I don't think that MD holds BG to just 18 points.

BG 35-24.

I really, really hope I'm wrong though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not so sure that their defense isn't better this year.  Last year's D gave up 24 points to a pedestrian STA offense

They gave up 10 in regulation.

Anyone that can analyze the talent difference between this year's defense and last years would laugh at the assertion the defense is similar or better

I agree, their D. may not be as strong as last year albeit only 1 game in and DeMatha is a great team. Gaoteoote at LB is a beast. Wouldn't plan on seeing too many pass plays across the middle. I thought Robinson was solid, smart decisions, accurate throws, and can run with the ball. I think MD will clog the middle and force him to pass. If MD's secondary can lock down BG's receivers It'll be interesting to see what Robinson can do. Seems like BG starts off slow and then gets it going. I see MD getting up by a few TD's and then start pounding the run game and using the clock.   

39 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

They gave up 10 in regulation.

Anyone that can analyze the talent difference between this year's defense and last years would laugh at the assertion the defense is similar or better

Agreed BG isn't as strong at the line and isn't as tight in their coverage in the secondary, but they still have talent in those areas.  

I was VERY impressed with DTR.   Kid is legit.  

I need to go watch the BA MD game to get a look at MD.  I haven't seen MD yet with the new transfers.

41 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Agreed BG isn't as strong at the line and isn't as tight in their coverage in the secondary, but they still have talent in those areas.  

I need to go watch the BA MD game to get a look at MD.  I haven't seen MD yet with the new transfers.

DeMatha also let the BG WR's run around without challenging any of the WR's at the LOS.

The QB had all day to throw the ball and his WR's were running free in the secondary. Recipe for disaster for Dematha's defense.

I'm sure MD will challenge the WR's and force the QB to scramble a lot more if he's going to make plays down the field.

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Those who try to get a read on Mater Dei from Bishop Amat game won't get one. At least from an offensive stand point, didn't show anything very workman like, didn't spread the ball around..Amonra and Parks didn't play. Defensively, will give you  better read on the defense, Front 7 much better,  more athletic than last year. Secondary has more talent than last year, but just inexperienced. 

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Their defense isn't anywhere near last year's version. 

Their O- line also isn't as good.  

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

10 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

MD opens -2.5 point favorite 

Hmmm....

I'm starting to change my mind.

But now I'm gonna be even more bummed than I would have been if MD comes up short.

• AztecPadre changed the title to GOTW #1- The Bishop vs Mater Dei