Massachusetts Thread

Adam Kurkjian

8 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Yeah I saw that. Was led astray on the Fla. team. Andover will do fine up here. Interesting nonleague game with Shrewsbury this week.

Naples High lost there coach to retirement so all the players in the area dispersed back to where they would have went before migrating to Naples. Now they are middle of the road team in the area.

I can’t imagine Andover being good in Mass. not if they got worked by First Baptist 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Naples High lost there coach to retirement so all the players in the area dispersed back to where they would have went before migrating to Naples. Now they are middle of the road team in the area.

I can’t imagine Andover being good in Mass. not if they got worked by First Baptist 

I think Andover will be fine. The Warriors never play that great in OOS games. In 2019, they lost to Wayne Valley (NJ), 31-12, then recovered down the stretch to beat Everett. I doubt Andover wins a state championship or anything, but I think they will compete well with most of the teams on their schedule.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

I think Andover will be fine. The Warriors never play that great in OOS games. In 2019, they lost to Wayne Valley (NJ), 31-12, then recovered down the stretch to beat Everett. I doubt Andover wins a state championship or anything, but I think they will compete well with most of the teams on their schedule.

Pretty cool either way. Florida and Mass don’t tangle too often. This is just the 3rd game since 1994 between the states. 

in 2007 Arlington Catholic came down to play St Andrews and in 1994 Everett came down for a post season bowl game against Deland. 

before that I think you would have to go back to the 50’s or 60’s

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Pretty cool either way. Florida and Mass don’t tangle too often. This is just the 3rd game since 1994 between the states. 

in 2007 Arlington Catholic came down to play St Andrews and in 1994 Everett came down for a post season bowl game against Deland. 

Yes, way back in the day, these matchups were a lot more common. You rarely see them now though.

7 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Yes, way back in the day, these matchups were a lot more common. You rarely see them now though.

It would be cool to see the postseason bowl games come back. Teams who missed the playoffs come down and play game. Pennsylvania teams did it a lot in the 90’s. 

A New York team came down that time in 94 when Everett came down 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah, the last ones were Everett vs. Miami Senior and Lowell vs. Jacksonville Lee in 1961. I don't think any teams were invited in 1962 and then Massachusetts banned teams from playing after Thanksgiving starting in 1963.

clip_84987594.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Yeah, the last ones were Everett vs. Miami Senior and Lowell vs. Jacksonville Lee in 1961. I don't think any teams were invited in 1962 and then Massachusetts banned teams from playing after Thanksgiving starting in 1963.

clip_84987594.jpg

Wow I didn’t know that was the reason. Tons of Mass teams came before that and largely were successful. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You have to understand.

Nolebull813 just makes stuff up.

What are you talking about douche monkey? 

Naples treats Collier County like DLS treats NorCal, and the second Kramer retires after over 2 decades they get curb stomped 38-0 to an average Collier team? 

come on man!!!

this year they are 3-0 playing three of the worst teams in the state

come on man!!!!

12 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

What are you talking about douche monkey? 
Naples treats Collier County like DLS treats NorCal, and the second Kramer retires after over 2 decades they get curb stomped 38-0 to an average Collier team?

You just completely made up the idea that Naples got a bunch of players from all over and that they left the moment Kramer retired.

They're 10-2 since Kramer retired.

Kramer's average record at Naples?

9.8 wins, 2.3 losses.

You're a goofball.