Massachusetts Thread

Adam Kurkjian

Another OOS game coming this fall. Naples (Fla.) at Andover in early September. Florida guys, any idea what Naples has coming back? Andover has a lot of its best players in its junior class. I think Andover will be pretty good up here, but I don't know how that translates against a team like Naples.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Another OOS game coming this fall. Naples (Fla.) at Andover in early September. Florida guys, any idea what Naples has coming back? Andover has a lot of its best players in its junior class. I think Andover will be pretty good up here, but I don't know how that translates against a team like Naples.

Any guys living in Naples not here😀

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Adam - I just saw on MaxPreps that Springfield Central got taken to the cleaners 43-9 by Skyline from Urbana MO.

Is that a legit game result, or another of MP’s screwups?

If it’s true it doesn’t bode well for Central ...

It's Springfield Central from Missouri. And the score is wrong too, in classic MP fashion:

Have a game in the DC area from last weekend that finished 33-15 that is listed as 68-0 on MaxPreps.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

It's Springfield Central from Missouri. And the score is wrong too, in classic MP fashion:

Have a game in the DC area from last weekend that finished 33-15 that is listed as 68-0 on MaxPreps.

Thanks.  I couldn’t imagine Springfield MA playing a school from Missouri.

On 7/16/2021 at 11:39 PM, Adam Kurkjian said:

I just seen this. Never knew the game existed. It was First Baptist from Naples FL.  Not Naples High. First Baptist is a small 2A team. They aren’t ever really a factor in 2A which means they aren’t very good. 

Looks like they beat Andover 29-7. The game came about because the head coach for First Baptist has a son who plays for Boston College and another former player for Colgate who played BC that weekend. So I’m assuming First Baptist just found a host to play them the week they came up so the coach can take his team to the Bc game after

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

I just seen this. Never knew the game existed. It was First Baptist from Naples FL.  Not Naples High. First Baptist is a small 2A team. They aren’t ever really a factor in 2A which means they aren’t very good. 

Looks like they beat Andover 29-7. The game came about because the head coach for First Baptist has a son who plays for Boston College and another former player for Colgate who played BC that weekend. So I’m assuming First Baptist just found a host to play them the week they came up. 

Yeah I saw that. Was led astray on the Fla. team. Andover will do fine up here. Interesting nonleague game with Shrewsbury this week.

• Like 1