Vegas shooting

Cossacks

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Of course I did think that before, after the Orlando shooting, but those were" just gay people". This time, they got at "main street America" types. It's a little different when they hit "your" type and not some other type. Usually that gets some action going. 

I’m hopeful that you’re just trolling here, and not actually serious. 

This is the stuff that I'm getting at... The stuff that happens when NRA/gun advocates happen to be in the cross hairs and realize that more guns isn't the answer. This guy says almost everyone around him was concealed carry types, and none of that matters when the bullets hit the bones. Didn't see this guy ranging out there after the Pulse shooting. 

http://time.com/4966157/las-vegas-shooting-josh-abbott-band-gun-control/

The gun lobby wants to relax the laws, and has people like Trump pandering over to them for their support in every election, everywhere in this country. People act like any regulation means you are being disarmed. Stop being so damned silly and get real.

Why do people feel like they need bigger and bigger and faster weapons? There is no sensible reason to need to own these weapons except for an "arms race" mentality. The same thing that goes on between countries. Oh you got nukes that can destroy civilization? SO! I have a nuke that can split into 24 different nukes before exploding and it can destroy 24 civilizations. The same people that will fight to keep their crazy little world neighbor (DPRK) from getting a nuke are all for having the multi-head version themselves, and the AR-15 bump stock etc. in their closet and will fight you tooth and friggen nail so that their crazy little neighbor down the street can get one too.  

8 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

What the hell is the difference if gay people die or what you call main street America types? The loss of life is the same in my book. Different when you hit "your" type? Where is this talk coming from?

Our President. He has a habit of saying, "you people", "those people", etc., etc. "The fish rots from the head," to quote, Anthony Scaramucci. But such is life. We all see what we want and focus on what we see. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Our President. He has a habit of saying, "you people", "those people", etc., etc. "The fish rots from the head," to quote, Anthony Scaramucci. But such is life. We all see what we want and focus on what we see. 

Exactly. 

There is no sense in trying to explain that though. If you all would notice, I placed the questionable labels in quotation marks. I don't label people in that manner, but I know tons of others who do... Including the friggen president. Just read the shit he says about Puerto Rico, Mexicans, etc. etc. 

I see you guys (not you Darter, just following up the line on my previous and your post as well) defending him like no other, then feigning being appalled at my quoted use of labels not unlike the stuff he says. 9_9

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is the stuff that I'm getting at... The stuff that happens when NRA/gun advocates happen to be in the cross hairs and realize that more guns isn't the answer. This guy says almost everyone around him was concealed carry types, and none of that matters when the bullets hit the bones. Didn't see this guy ranging out there after the Pulse shooting. 

http://time.com/4966157/las-vegas-shooting-josh-abbott-band-gun-control/

The gun lobby wants to relax the laws, and has people like Trump pandering over to them for their support in every election, everywhere in this country. People act like any regulation means you are being disarmed. Stop being so damned silly and get real.

Why do people feel like they need bigger and bigger and faster weapons? There is no sensible reason to need to own these weapons except for an "arms race" mentality. The same thing that goes on between countries. Oh you got nukes that can destroy civilization? SO! I have a nuke that can split into 24 different nukes before exploding and it can destroy 24 civilizations. The same people that will fight to keep their crazy little world neighbor (DPRK) from getting a nuke are all for having the multi-head version themselves, and the AR-15 bump stock etc. in their closet and will fight you tooth and friggen nail so that their crazy little neighbor down the street can get one too.  

A lot of folks now have a change of heart. Many stories coming out. Of course those folks were dodging bullets for 15 minutes. Funny how that works sadly.

Forget about these message forum hacks and clowns here. 

After Orlando not one damn thing changed. Zero.

Everything "shot" down in the senate yet again.

Let's see what happens now in reference to your original point.

• Like 1

42 guns found in the hotel room. hard to fathom. That's just not possible in my mind. BUT again, if that can indeed happen this is the country, I suppose..

It's also tough watching these tough guys tear up on TV. No one is "tough" when you are facing machine gun fire in a country music t-shirt and party hat.

Now is the time to act.  When everyone is thinking about it and tearing up. Not 3 or 4 months down the road. >:(

2 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

42 guns found in the hotel room. hard to fathom. That's just not possible in my mind. BUT again, if that can indeed happen this is the country, I suppose..

It's also tough watching these tough guys tear up on TV. No one is "tough" when you are facing machine gun fire in a country music t-shirt and party hat.

Now is the time to act.  When everyone is thinking about it and tearing up. Not 3 or 4 months down the road. >:(

Nothing will happen. Between the gun lobby's strength, and the irrationality of some of us, there will be no move to make any kind of commonsense changes. Thus, every year or so, we will have a major slaughter and every day, some much more minor incident that could have been prevented. 

But small price to pay for this freedom, I suppose.

55 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

No different that barry hussein. Must be a presidential thing.

50 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

A lot of folks now have a change of heart. Many stories coming out. Of course those folks were dodging bullets for 15 minutes. Funny how that works sadly.

Forget about these message forum hacks and clowns here. 

After Orlando not one damn thing changed. Zero.

Everything "shot" down in the senate yet again.

Let's see what happens now in reference to your original point.

Everyone on this board knows the biggest hack, the biggest clown and the biggest racist is you. Far and away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Identity politics is the realm of the left and has been for a long time.

Don't kid yourself.

11 minutes ago, concha said:

Identity politics is the realm of the left and has been for a long time.

Don't kid yourself.

Concha, I think you are intelligent. Perhaps I am wrong. But going on the assumption you are, reflect for a minute on the tone of this whole thread. After doing so, you tell me whether this is a sane, sensible society. The problem is that there is no real debate, no willingness to listen, to try and see that multiple points of view exist. Rather, we believe our truth is literally gospel.

If you are honest, you will see that, perhaps,  we are all getting what we deserve. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Nothing will happen. Between the gun lobby's strength, and the irrationality of some of us, there will be no move to make any kind of commonsense changes. Thus, every year or so, we will have a major slaughter and every day, some much more minor incident that could have been prevented. 

But small price to pay for this freedom, I suppose.

Yeah, you are probably right in the large picture. 

Maybe these message forum wanna-be tough guys and gun extremists here will suffer family loss or play hide and freakin seek with bullets one day. Nothing changes a soul like life and death.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

The shooter of Vegas was at an Anti-trump rally

If he had been pro-Trump, we'd have heard of it and it would be front and center in the news cycle 24/7.

As it appears he was a leftie, his political leanings will be conveniently ignored or glossed over.

• Like 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Concha, I think you are intelligent. Perhaps I am wrong. But going on the assumption you are, reflect for a minute on the tone of this whole thread. After doing so, you tell me whether this is a sane, sensible society.

If you are honest, you will see that, perhaps,  we are all getting what we deserve. 

Well, we have a movement on one side that is quite open about violent suppression of the other's free speech. 

The simple desire to enforce our border and immigration laws gets you called a klan member or nazi.

People associating themselves with one side now require safe spaces and Play Doh therapy just due to hearing an opinion they don't like or someone's name written in chalk on a sidewalk.

Calls for the death of - or violence to - the president are uttered by famous people and politicians.

Sane & sensible society? Not for years now.

13 minutes ago, concha said:

If he had been pro-Trump, we'd have heard of it and it would be front and center in the news cycle 24/7.

As it appears he was a leftie, his political leanings will be conveniently ignored or glossed over.

This is the type stuff you get from brain-dead people during a tragedy.

concha, wears brain-dead well.