Vegas shooting

Cossacks

10 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Let's see how long before this all gets politicized instead of worrying about the dead, injured and their families.

Think this thread answered the question already.

http://www.marinij.com/general-news/20171002/novato-woman-among-missing-after-las-vegas-shooting

Buddy of mine is friends with this guy in this story above. I'll ask him to text him and find out if he is a Barry or Trump supporter, republican or democrat, Muslim or Christian fan. Seems like that's what's important now, but he's probably a little more concerned a it where his wife is.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

http://www.marinij.com/general-news/20171002/novato-woman-among-missing-after-las-vegas-shooting

Buddy of mine is friends with this guy in this story above. I'll ask him to text him and find out if he is a Barry or Trump supporter, republican or democrat, Muslim or Christian fan. Seems like that's what's important now, but he's probably a little more concerned a it where his wife is.

seriously

a friend of mine who lives in Vegas has been posting updates about his friend who was at the concert and got shot, and has not been located yet. Terribly sad seeing his family and friends searching social media for information. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

And this is the problem in this country.No longer do people concern themselves with doing what's right they just want to be right.It doesn't matter what party or race or religious beliefs being right has over taken doing what's right.I mean all you have to do to realize it is read this thread

• Like 3

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, brought up Chicago yet again today in her White House Babble Conference? She could be concha's mother.

In her redneck skull because there is a problem in Chicago we don't want to think too hastily on the Las Vegas Slaughter where 59 have lost life and almost 550 have been injured.

"In the wake of the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders used Chicago as an example of why it is premature to talk about policy changes to the nation's gun laws.

“One of the things we don’t want to do is try to create laws that don’t stop these types of things from happening," she said during a Monday afternoon briefing.  “Look to Chicago where you had over 4,000 victims of gun-related crimes last year. They have the strictest gun laws in the country. That certainly hasn’t helped there.”

8 hours ago, concha said:

Another possibility regarding the full-auto capability of his guns...

There are stocks you can buy called "bump-fire" and I've even seen a special mechanical glove you can buy that permit very fast trigger pulls that approach full-auto firing.  We may find that he utilized something like these.

Ya they found a rifle with a bump attachment in the hotel.... I don’t know shit about guns ... but if that simple to modify ur guns to do that that’s fucking scary 

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You don't really put up much of a fight anyways.....take the day off.

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

I don't feel like fighting with a Democrat or a liberal today.  Probably won't tomorrow either.

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG_0434.JPG

Really? Everyone tries to make everything political....  

This man went out and killed over half a hundred people and injured 500+....  

And you all are to busy trying to label what Political party he was aligned with?

Or trying to find someone to pin the blame on? 

Come on... don't be idiots... this is the first thing the media did... 

I am neither Left nor Right. Both sides are falling into madness.... 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Ya they found a rifle with a bump attachment in the hotel.... I don’t know shit about guns ... but if that simple to modify ur guns to do that that’s fucking scary 

AR-15s are very modular. Modern ones are designed to be easily customizable.  I think these bump and slide-fire stocks can be installed in minutes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

It's very simple to buy a semi-auto and modify it to basically auto. This is the reason that people have been asking for some extra regulation on specific weaponry. 

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/11/ar-15-bump-fire-legal/

Sportsman do not need semi-auto rifles to hunt with. Shotguns used for bird hunting and carrying short range on their killing distance are ok semi-auto imo. There is a need for semi-auto fire while hunting dove or quail, although someone good with a pump shotgun can do well bird hunting as well. 

These days though, we get the argument that folks want to retain semi-auto rifles to overthrow the government if necessary, in spite of the fact the government can just drone kill them from afar. 

It's far past time for some common sense on this issue. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's very simple to buy a semi-auto and modify it to basically auto. This is the reason that people have been asking for some extra regulation on specific weaponry. 

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/11/ar-15-bump-fire-legal/

Sportsman do not need semi-auto rifles to hunt with. Shotguns used for bird hunting and carrying short range on their killing distance are ok semi-auto imo. There is a need for semi-auto fire while hunting dove or quail, although someone good with a pump shotgun can do well bird hunting as well. 

These days though, we get the argument that folks want to retain semi-auto rifles to overthrow the government if necessary, in spit of the fact the government can just drone kill them from afar. 

It's far past time for some common sense on this issue. 

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting. You know it very well. Starting off a gun rights discussion talking about bird hunting will get you roughly the same results as approaching a woman you're attracted to and dropping a paint-peeling fart.

And if drones worked so well there'd be no problems in the world.

1 minute ago, concha said:

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting. You know it very well. Starting off a gun rights discussion talking about about bird hunting will get you roughly the same results as approaching a woman you're attracted to and dropping a paint-peeling fart.

And if drones worked so well there'd be no problems in the world.

So you see no problems with tricking out the AR-15 and other weapons in this manner then I presume? 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So you see no problems with tricking out the AR-15 and other weapons in this manner then I presume? 

I actually would not be opposed to looking into control of these devices as they are simply a way around the letter and spirit of the law.

I would not put one on my rifle.

• Like 2

Just now, concha said:

I actually would not be opposed to looking into control of these devices as they are simply away around the letter of the law.

I would not put one on my rifle.

This is the problem. There are so many ways around the letter of the law. Especially as it pertains to specifically designed weapons like the AR-15. It was designed for modifications like this, which is a part of the problem. 

I'm totally not anti-gun. I just find there needs to be some common sense applicable on the types of weapons and mods we can obtain. The answer from the NRA is pump more of these out so that we'll be safer. It's lunacy, certainly not common sense. This shouldn't be a left/right thing at all. Simply common sense. 

This was a terrible tragedy, and it always sparks the same conversations, and nothing ever gets done. Each time, the ante gets upped by the loons though. Every one is out to outdo the last one, and they will as long as we keep ho-humming about it. 

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This was a terrible tragedy, and it always sparks the same conversations, and nothing ever gets done.

concha, is not opposed to looking into it again...for the 5,000,000,000th time. He knows in two months this will all blow over until the next time. He will be willing to look into again then too.

He's just a ridiculously stupid human being ..

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

some common sense on this issue. 

Some common sense? Some common sense?.....common sense??

Our children are embarrassed by all of us......common sense???

Maybe at the next massacre 100 or more kids will be slaughtered......maybe these dumbasses will wake the fuck up then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Some common sense? Some common sense?.....common sense??

Our children are embarrassed by all of us......common sense???

Maybe at the next massacre 100 or more kids will be slaughtered......maybe these dumbasses will wake the fuck up then.

Idk. I think this one may get some traction. Not sure what that means, but as this all sinks in and all the details come out I guess we'll see. Initially everyone's reaction is to go to the same spot and stand, but as this thing sinks in, I think the needs of the many will prevail. Again, not sure what changes can be made, but there's some coming I think. 

Of course I did think that before, after the Orlando shooting, but those were" just gay people". This time, they got at "main street America" types. It's a little different when they hit "your" type and not some other type. Usually that gets some action going. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Of course I did think that before, after the Orlando shooting, but those were" just gay people". This time, they got at "main street America" types. It's a little different when they hit "your" type and not some other type. Usually that gets some action going. 

That's sadly a valid point. It's possible, but highly unlikely.

They are starting to put faces to the fallen though.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooting-victims/index.html

Sad situation we are all in, and why? A 4th grader could figure out that answer.

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. I think this one may get some traction. Not sure what that means, but as this all sinks in and all the details come out I guess we'll see. Initially everyone's reaction is to go to the same spot and stand, but as this thing sinks in, I think the needs of the many will prevail. Again, not sure what changes can be made, but there's some coming I think. 

Not sure what you do either. You will not disarm the American people. And for better or worse, these days people can 3D print just about anything.

Look how Prohibition worked.  The war on drugs?

It turns out this guy was a multi-millionaire. He rented two rooms, smuggled in guns, set up firing stations and even had cameras set up to know when the cops were coming. I've seen a report they found bomb-making materials in his car.  This was a man with means on a mission. 

BTW, where does this "those were just gay people" schtick come from?

25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What the hell is the difference if gay people die or what you call main street America types? The loss of life is the same in my book. Different when you hit "your" type? Where is this talk coming from?