2023 CIF SS playoffs

Bodysurf

29 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

D2 is much better. 

Damien is starting to get some kids in their program from youth teams.  Maybe in the future they can challenge Centennial if they can continue getting the IE kids. Good school too.

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

D1 looks the same every year minus MV and LBP because they got dropped to the minor leagues... 

Whats really incredible is how wvery trinity league team got in the playoffs in some way,form or fashion.... 

Y'alls system is fucking ridiculously broken.... 

it is based on Calpreps rankings. 5 Trinity teams are in the top 8 of the Southern Section. They are not going to remove MD and Bosco from the equation. What system do you suggest for selecting a D1 bracket that is better?

30 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

it is based on Calpreps rankings. 5 Trinity teams are in the top 8 of the Southern Section. They are not going to remove MD and Bosco from the equation. What system do you suggest for selecting a D1 bracket that is better?

One that doesn't let a whole conference in the playoffs based on past seasons success.... 

Atleast everyone won a conference game this go round.... 

The thing that first made me questio. CIF's Jankem ass system was when they let OLU in with zero conference wins 2 or 3 years ago.... 

How can you do nothing and still get let in....? 

Servite finished last place this year and simply got dropped to D2... 

Rewarding failure... 

Regardless D1 will come down to SJB vs MD round 17.... 

Then they go up north and bully either Folsom,DLS or one of the other Christian or catholic schools from the Sactown area.... 

The thing that kills me with Cali is its stale... 

Your playoffs are boring... 

Its like watching a re-run... 

We all know MD and SJB are ALLEGEDLY not recruiting or using any form of influence... 

Even if they where its not like the limp dick CIF would do anything other than put out another letter where they basically apologize to Master MD for daring to think that someone may be doing something.... 

Regardless we know the teams they play (even cen10 who I actually like and respect) are hitting a point where they can't compete.... 

Its boring... 

Your namebrands have weakened outside MD and SJB 

Cen10 isn't even the same anymore... 

DLS is a shell of their former selves 

Folsom isn't even that great anymore.... 

And don't even give me a lecture on how great the TL is.... 

The only good teams are SJB and MD... 

Occasionally Servite does something other get splattered on @HurricaneNick's windshield... 

Everyone else is an NPC... 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The CIF can configure its playoffs the same way the other states do.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

And whats more you use CP to determine your playoff placements.... 

Thats hilarious.... 

They left 9-1 LBP outta D1 in favor of 5-5 Jserra,5-5 OLU and 5-5 SM... 

Let me guess they had better SoS? 

Doesn't matter if they lost to everyone with a pulse...

23 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Rewarding failure... 

The bigger crime is sticking San Clemente into the D1 bracket.  I would not pick them to beat RC, LBP, MV a second time, or even Oaks Christian from the D2 bracket.  They lost earlier in the year to Murrieta Valley, although I think they would win a rematch.
Servite should have been put in the upper bracket as first round punching bag.  
St. Bonaventure gets a fortuitous placement into D3.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

One that doesn't let a whole conference in the playoffs based on past seasons success.... 

Atleast everyone won a conference game this go round.... 

The thing that first made me questio. CIF's Jankem ass system was when they let OLU in with zero conference wins 2 or 3 years ago.... 

How can you do nothing and still get let in....? 

Rewarding failure... 

the problem is with the Calpreps rankings. The intention of the CIF is to create parity in the brackets. It works for all divisions except D1. In the past they would have let the #1-3 teams from multiple leagues in the D1 playoffs. That is what you are suggesting which in theory makes sense and is more fair, but that would create even greater mismatches than we have now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And whats more you use CP to determine your playoff placements.... 

Thats hilarious.... 

They left 9-1 LBP outta D1 in favor of 5-5 Jserra,5-5 OLU and 5-5 SM... 

Let me guess they had better SoS? 

Doesn't matter if they lost to everyone with a pulse...

I agree. Calpreps is ridiculous. JSerra should not be in over Poly. It’s asinine.

31 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

the problem is with the Calpreps rankings. The intention of the CIF is to create parity in the brackets. It works for all divisions except D1. In the past they would have let the #1-3 teams from multiple leagues in the D1 playoffs. That is what you are suggesting which in theory makes sense and is more fair, but that would create even greater mismatches than we have now.

But it would also equally reward each teams work ethic rewarding them with a CHANCE to compete at the top tier level in their state....

And putting 3 5-5 teams in over a 9-1 LBP and 7-3 MV is ridiculous to me... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

iWhat system do you suggest for selecting a D1 bracket that is better?

Use the San Diego Sections Open Format….. Top 4 Teams in the Open, no loser moves on nonsense…. Also, I would limit the TL to 3 teams….

That would be the best for the Section, The Schools and Most importantly the Players and fans….

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But it would also equally reward each teams work ethic rewarding them with a CHANCE to compete at the top tier level in their state....

And putting 3 5-5 teams in over a 9-1 LBP and 7-3 MV is ridiculous to me... 

If the bottom 4 Trinity played LBP's schedule, they would all be 9-1 too. This isn't the LBP of the early 2000s.

You should stick to doing things you are good at, like finishing last in the Pick Em each week.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

If the bottom 4 Trinity played LBP's schedule, they would all be 9-1 too. This isn't the LBP of the early 2000s.

You should stick to doing things you are good at, like finishing last in the Pick Em each week.

The bottom 4 should do something their good at... 

Like staying home since they only show up for 5 outta 10 games anyway... 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BB bos said:

I don't know why CIF wants all the Trinity teams in ?...$$$$$??

The CIF doesn't explicitly want the Trinity teams in D1. They want competitive equity. They don't want Mater Dei blowing out Jordan 70-0 in the round of 16, injuring half of their roster, just so Poly can remain in D1 (like what would have happened in the old days). The CIF tried to come up with their own power rankings - which just turned out to be CalPreps with extra steps. Now they just use CalPreps - and CalPreps says 5 of the best 8 teams in the Southern Section are in the Trinity League. You can debate if CalPreps is right about that or not, but the brackets we have now are much more competitive than the old system.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1