UCLA

HurricaneNick

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Deshaun Foster is a head-scratcher. I hope he surprises me. Bieniemy is great hire. Hopefully those 2 can recruit the kids in their own backyard, unlike their predecessor Kelly.

Why do you think Foster is a head scratcher?  Given UCLA's late entry into the coaching carousel, and reports that players and alums are excited about it (I understand some players removed themselves from the portal after the announcement), it seems like a good hire.  With the Bieniemy hire as his coordinator, it appears he's not afraid to surround himself with good coaches - which is always a good sign of quality leadership.  Now all he has to do is get a NIL operation running (in the future, the most successful college head coaches will come from Goldman Sachs - I kid...sorta ;) ).

I'm optimistic, but then again I'm a Bruin, so I'm used to starting a new season with optimism...and being disappointed later...It goes with the territory.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 12:18 PM, 15yds4gibberish said:

Why do you think Foster is a head scratcher?  Given UCLA's late entry into the coaching carousel, and reports that players and alums are excited about it (I understand some players removed themselves from the portal after the announcement), it seems like a good hire.  With the Bieniemy hire as his coordinator, it appears he's not afraid to surround himself with good coaches - which is always a good sign of quality leadership.  Now all he has to do is get a NIL operation running (in the future, the most successful college head coaches will come from Goldman Sachs - I kid...sorta ;) ).

I'm optimistic, but then again I'm a Bruin, so I'm used to starting a new season with optimism...and being disappointed later...It goes with the territory.

It’s just a sad commentary on the state of the UCLA program that no coach with any experience from a power 5 school would be a better choice. UCLA at one time was a good job. Now it is a crap job that nobody wants.

14 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

He went from being a serious NFL head coaching candidate a year ago to the OC at UCLA. There is more to this Bieinemy story than is being told. Makes no sense.

Can’t put your hands on a female. He did. He’s a punk. This is why he isn’t a head coach. That’s one no man can overcome. Rightfully so. 

If it were just on the surface stuff he might be able to get by, but the NFL background process is next level stuff and usually it all comes out…….including the stuff that doesn’t get reported. 

As a Skins fan, I wasn’t overly impressed with his OC work last season. Some of my friends said “well we don’t have talent” but isn’t that what a great coach does? Coach em up? Patrick Mahomes makes a lot of coaches look good more so than the other way around. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

As a Skins fan, I wasn’t overly impressed with his OC work last season. Some of my friends said “well we don’t have talent” but isn’t that what a great coach does? Coach em up? Patrick Mahomes makes a lot of coaches look good more so than the other way around. 

👍

The Skins actually do have talent. We just don't have a QB like Mahomes. 

10 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Can’t put your hands on a female. He did. He’s a punk. This is why he isn’t a head coach. That’s one no man can overcome. Rightfully so. 

If it were just on the surface stuff he might be able to get by, but the NFL background process is next level stuff and usually it all comes out…….including the stuff that doesn’t get reported. 

You know, I forgotten about a lot of his history. It literally started back as a player at Colorado and then when he was coaching at CU and then again at UCLA and so on.

An isolated incident can be overlooked, but when there is a strong pattern over several years that is who you are.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

You know, I forgotten about a lot of his history. It literally started back as a player at Colorado and then when he was coaching at CU and then again at UCLA and so on.

An isolated incident can be overlooked, but when there is a strong pattern over several years that is who you are.

As an aside, dude used to carve us up annually while he was at Amat.  Beast in HS.

• Like 1