March Maddness Brackets

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Baylor had 1 job... 

Dio stepped up for Bama with 9 off the bench.

Baylor hasn't been all that great this season.  Them losing doesn't surprising me.  I'm surprised CU actually had a chance to win in the end against Marquette.  

I've heard all season that the ACC was down as a basketball conference.  Some pundit actually thought that the conference would only get two teams into the tournament.  Heard from them after CSU embarrassed Virginia (should've been Pitt in the NCAAs).  The other four teams (UNC, Duke, Clemson & NC State) have taken of business.  25% of the Sweet 16 is from the ACC.  Add the Big East and it's nearly half (UCONN, Marquette & Creighton).  I think that the NET is easily manipulated so that it artificially pumps up some conferences, and pundits see that instead of actually watching basketball.  MWC got six bids and only one made it to the Sweet 16.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 12:00 PM, Peanut Gallery said:

I've heard all season that the ACC was down as a basketball conference.  Some pundit actually thought that the conference would only get two teams into the tournament.  Heard from them after CSU embarrassed Virginia (should've been Pitt in the NCAAs).  The other four teams (UNC, Duke, Clemson & NC State) have taken of business.  25% of the Sweet 16 is from the ACC.  Add the Big East and it's nearly half (UCONN, Marquette & Creighton).  I think that the NET is easily manipulated so that it artificially pumps up some conferences, and pundits see that instead of actually watching basketball.  MWC got six bids and only one made it to the Sweet 16.

Same MWC comment could be said about the SEC.  But Tennessee and Bama put in work and A&M almost pulled off the improbable.

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

No defense and chucking 3’s.  College basketball is nearly unwatchable.  Arizona was godawful.

Yeah...5 minutes left and ya down a couple of points. Arizona was like "Lets just keep clanking 3's.

Clemson literally sat in a zone and let them.  Nevermind Zona was in the bonus most of the 2nd half.

• Like 1