LeBron a Laker great not hardly

Under 30 fans claims he has taken the Lakers to greatness. He is a better laker than these greats they claim. Strictly taking as a laker

1. Magic

2. Kareem 

3. Kobe

4. Shaq

5. Jerry West

6. James Worthy

2019 missed playoffs

2020 worthless title played at Disney world

2021 1st round exit

2022 missed playoffs

2023 swept 

2024 ? Probably 1st round exit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When people downplay the “covid titles” in sports, just think of it as if your team didn’t win it, and it was a useless covid title then what does that say about your team that they couldn’t win some meaningless covid title? How bad is your team that they couldn’t even win it? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Under 30 fans claims he has taken the Lakers to greatness. He is a better laker than these greats they claim. Strictly taking as a laker

1. Magic

2. Kareem 

3. Kobe

4. Shaq

5. Jerry West

6. James Worthy

2019 missed playoffs

2021 1st round exit

2022 missed playoffs

2023 swept 

You wanna look up 1st round exits and sweeps for all the greats?

As a long time laker fan when it’s all said and done he will be considered a laker great in the same way Wilt is.He will be down the list unless he wins another championship.He’s holding up his end of the bargain but the front office isn’t.

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

1. Magic

2. Kareem 

3. Kobe

4. Shaq

5. Jerry West

6. James Worthy

2019 missed playoffs

2021 1st round exit

2022 missed playoffs

2023 swept 

It’s really not a debate between hardcore laker fans. I would think that Magic and Kobe would be 1A and 1B on the list then 2. Kareem 3. Elgin Baylor 4.West 5. Worthy 6. Shaq (played less than half his career with Lakers). 7. Michael Cooper (one of the best defenders all time). When I think of great Lakers Lebron just doesn’t stick out, he just doesn’t have roots anywhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

When people downplay the “covid titles” in sports, just think of it as if your team didn’t win it, and it was a useless covid title then what does that say about your team that they couldn’t win some meaningless covid title? How bad is your team that they couldn’t even win it? 

COVID titles for NBA and NFL are fine, at least they resemble a Normal Season in games played, playoffs, etc….

MLB was a complete joke and Shouldn’t Count…. They only played 60 games which is barley 1/3 of a baseball regular season, too much happens in that other 2/3 of a season for a 60 game season to be considered legit….

Amd no team proves this more then The Dodgers who won it that year…. In this incredible run of 100+ win seasons they have had, the only title they won was in the 60 game season…. 🤣

• Like 2

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

COVID titles for NBA and NFL are fine, at least they resemble a Normal Season in games played, playoffs, etc….

MLB was a complete joke and Shouldn’t Count…. They only played 60 games which is barley 1/3 of a baseball regular season, too much happens in that other 2/3 of a season for a 60 game season to be considered legit….

Amd no team proves this more then The Dodgers who won it that year…. In this incredible run of 100+ win seasons they have had, the only title they won was in the 60 game season…. 🤣

NBA playing no road games was a joke in the quote playoffs. 

• Like 2

For Bill Russel’s entire NBA career there was anywhere between 8 to 14 teams. Now there is double to quadruple that. 

There was only six teams who made the playoffs. Boston only needed to win eight games for the championship. Now you need 16.

in conclusion, all of Bill Russell‘s championships, and the Boston Celtics as a whole don’t mean shit and should have asterisks next to them

Bill, Russel can’t be seen as an all-time great Celtic because all his titles were won with half of the teams and have the playoff games

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

For Bill Russel’s entire NBA career there was anywhere between 8 to 14 teams. Now there is double to quadruple that. 

There was only six teams who made the playoffs. Boston only needed to win eight games for the championship. Now you need 16.

in conclusion, all of Bill Russell‘s championships, and the Boston Celtics as a whole don’t mean shit and should have asterisks next to them

Bill, Russel can’t be seen as an all-time great Celtic because all his titles were won with half of the teams and have the playoff games

Celtics/Russell still had to win 3 best of 7 series, meaning they had to win 12 games . You mention twice as many teams which means the league was watered down twice as much also . More teams doesn't mean better

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

So every pro league that expanded should have a * for all the titles before expansion. Your statement won’t age well.

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

He dominated Wilt.

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Celtics/Russell still had to win 3 best of 7 series, meaning they had to win 12 games . You mention twice as many teams which means the league was watered down twice as much also . More teams doesn't mean better

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

So every pro league that expanded should have a * for all the titles before expansion. Your statement won’t age well.

I was saying it in jest. Meaning it doesn’t matter the criteria if everyone is held to the same standard then it doesn’t matter. 10 games, 20 games etc whoever comes out on top should be viewed as the champion and not be held to a standard of past or future years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All Covid titles are trash. If you didn’t play your full year, like every other, it’s not a fair comparison. 

As a lifelong Lakers fan I don’t cheer for LeBron. He is certainly one of the best to ever lace em up, but he isn’t my type of player or person. 

1- Magic

2- Kobe

3- Kareem

4- West

5- Worthy/Shaq

Shaquille is my Dude from college, but not a lifetime Laker. Kareem wasn’t either, but he’s Kareem. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Kobe is #1 for me. Unfortunately, Jeanie buss will probably build lebron a statue outside of staples. 

Same Here!…. Kobe and Magic!…. Lebron just doesn’t do it for me…. He has moved around to much and never built anything sustainable….

Kobe was a Laker for life and won 3 titles with Shaq and 2 without!…. Even Magic called Kobe “The Greatest Laker Ever”….

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:39 AM, HooverOutlaw said:

1. Magic

2. Kareem 

3. Kobe

4. Shaq

5. Jerry West

6. James Worthy

2019 missed playoffs

2021 1st round exit

2022 missed playoffs

2023 swept 

Was there a poll?  

Was this only asked to fans wearing Lebron jerseys at a game? 

Johnny Mac’s infamous line comes to mind… “you cannot be serious”  🧐 

On 3/24/2024 at 1:56 PM, Norcalnut said:

It’s really not a debate between hardcore laker fans. I would think that Magic and Kobe would be 1A and 1B on the list then 2. Kareem 3. Elgin Baylor 4.West 5. Worthy 6. Shaq (played less than half his career with Lakers). 7. Michael Cooper (one of the best defenders all time). When I think of great Lakers Lebron just doesn’t stick out, he just doesn’t have roots anywhere.

George Mikan?  :)  @maxchoboian

Wilt? 

Big men are people too.  😂

Don’t forget the big dogs.  :)   

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Was there a poll?  

Was this only asked to fans wearing Lebron jerseys at a game? 

Johnny Mac’s infamous line comes to mind… “you cannot be serious”  🧐 

No poll I have taken but anybody that is old enough to watch bb before 2000 knows he is not the best. Only young clueless think he is the greatest laker. 

11 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

No poll I taken but anybody that is old enough to watch bb before 2000 knows he is not the best. Only young clueless think he is the greatest laker. 

I sure hope not.  That’s parent/brother/uncle/cousin/friend/teacher etc necessity to get the kids started with a solid foundation.  :) 

I was very impressed with my Cousin’s 11 yr old son.  He was watching the baseball game away from us and in a 10-1 game score, he texted his Dad if we saw the tag miss at second on the double.  Impressive 11 yr old!   He was watching all the way  through.