Down goes Catilin Clark and her army of refs. South Carolina champs again. SEC SEC SEC SEC

She literally brought a record amount of interest to woman’s basketball. More people watched her games than any games in history. So if you give 2 flying shits about woman’s basketball, you can admire and appreciate how special of a player she is without feeling the need to bash her for something she can’t control. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

She literally brought a record amount of interest to woman’s basketball. More people watched her games than any games in history. So if you give 2 flying shits about woman’s basketball, you can admire and appreciate how special of a player she is without feeling the need to bash her for something she can’t control. 

I promised you I have watched more elite high school girls BB and kept up with women's college BB than you. She is a great player but hyped up by ESPN and forced on the fans. She is  classless an a fake. ESPN defends her actions while blasting other players doing the same thing. She lost deal with it. Again Congrats to South Carolina for beating Iowa .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

SC had some BIGS!

Everyone was ignoring what SC has done.  I said Clark last year was like Bird - shooting, passing and trash talk.  But people either thought because last year Iowa won over SC, they would win this year.  Or that one great player could beat a great team.  Clark’s best chance to win a title was last year - let it get away.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2024 at 5:35 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

I promised you I have watched more elite high school girls BB and kept up with women's college BB than you. She is a great player but hyped up by ESPN and forced on the fans. She is  classless an a fake. ESPN defends her actions while blasting other players doing the same thing. She lost deal with it. Again Congrats to South Carolina for beating Iowa .

And what is with this new generation hyping up players for playing one sided. She is a defensive liability not much of a ball handler either. Seen it with Steph and the Jokic. We have Nba MVPs who other teams attack on defense. I'm alright with calling them great shooters but great players have to be at least average in all aspects of the game.

On 4/7/2024 at 4:35 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

This post just sounds like a bitter take to me.  

Is it a surprise that the player who has scored more points than any college basketball player ever is hyped up?  Scored more points in the tournament than anyone?  Led the nation in scoring and assists two years running?  

South Carolina certainly deserves their accolades, but let's not pretend Clark doesn't deserve all they hype she got.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, pied said:

This post just sounds like a bitter take to me.  

Is it a surprise that the player who has scored more points than any college basketball player ever is hyped up?  Scored more points in the tournament than anyone?  Led the nation in scoring and assists two years running?  

South Carolina certainly deserves their accolades, but let's not pretend Clark doesn't deserve all they hype she got.

Not bitter I'm a SEC fan. The SEC is 2-0 vs Clark in title games.

Only idiots think Clark is the scoring leader. Pearl Moore is the scoring leader not Clark. ESPN has conned many on this matter. 2nd place is the first loser. Every single Iowa fan would trade places with South Carolina fans the last 7 years or so. I rather have 3 rings than scoring records. 

https://theathletic.com/5285666/2024/02/29/pearl-moore-caitlin-clark-collegiate-scoring-record/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Only idiots think Clark is the scoring leader. Pearl Moore is the scoring leader not Clark. ESPN has conned many on this matter. 2nd place is the first loser. Every single Iowa fan would trade places with South Carolina fans the last 7 years or so. I rather have 3 rings than scoring records. 

https://theathletic.com/5285666/2024/02/29/pearl-moore-caitlin-clark-collegiate-scoring-record/

No, not at all.  lol

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Good shout, but yes you are bitter.  That's ok.  

You titled the thread:

Down goes Catilyn Clark and her army of refs. South Carolina champs again. SEC SEC SEC SEC

On 4/7/2024 at 4:12 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Holly Rowe and all the rest of the ESPN people who shoved Iowa and Clark down everyone's throat have failed. 

2nd place is the first loser.

On 4/7/2024 at 4:35 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

On 4/7/2024 at 5:20 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

South Carolina just sat back and watched the stupid fans foam at the mouth over Iowa. 

8 minutes ago, pied said:

Good shout, but yes you are bitter.  That's ok.  

You titled the thread:

Down goes Catilyn Clark and her army of refs. South Carolina champs again. SEC SEC SEC SEC

How is your favorite conference or high school do this past season? 

12 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

How is your favorite conference or high school do this past season? 

Not following your question as typed.  Sport?  HS/College?  

In college I don't root for my conference because my teams play in them.  Not sure how that would translate to the HS teams I follow.

1 hour ago, pied said:

In college I don't root for my conference because my teams play in them.  Not sure how that would translate to the HS teams I follow.

What conference and what high school did you attend?

1 hour ago, pied said:

Sound like a old pac 10 school. 

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

What conference and what high school did you attend?

HS conference was 5A, region 1 Arlington Lamar. 6A now but the team has been pretty poor for going on 20 years now. 

I went to Texas back when we were in the SWC. Some schools I like, some could care less. Was the same in the Big 12 and will be the same in the SEC. 

Pretty sure conferences as we knew them are  short term endeavors. 

• HooverOutlaw changed the title to Down goes Catilin Clark and her army of refs. South Carolina champs again. SEC SEC SEC SEC