"Best Playoff Semi final grouping....may'be EVER"

Eddyr2

1 hour ago, Pops said:

someone suggested last week that due to concussion protocol, he’s have to miss this game — sounds like that’s NOT the case and, as long as they’ve crossed that bridge, a concussion isn’t likely to impair his readiness this week 

That was me that said this. What I should have said was 'IF' McKee had entered the concussion protocol then we would automatically have to sit out the next game as per the rules. However I stand corrected in that he didn't actually enter the concussion protocol so therefore he is indeed eligible this Friday. However if he is still 'questionable' then he must have suffered some type of injury, just not an actual confirmed concussion. I think most people would be surprised if he doesn't play Friday.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Out side of BG and Bosco, OLu was Mater Dei's closes game (i dont count the Amat game since Rollo was running very basic playbooks on both side of the ball before the BG game)

image.thumb.png.42743a0467e80600a2578728fa80e31c.png

Is this how y'all evaluate football out there? Who really cares that they played MD to a narrow 30 point margin when OLu is getting whacked by JSerra 52-21!!!

The Lancers fucking suck and have no business being in the Top 100. Thousands of teams could do what they have done this year, which is essentially nothing.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Might be an interesting half.  

I’m doubting it

Im normally not an MV fan and agree with MJD that they are perennially overrated, but i think this team pretty good — they’ve basically won the “Who’s #4 in Socal?” playoff (no disrespect to Upland) and deserve to be ahead of all of chaminade, Santa Margarita, OLu, RC, all of which someone thought were top 25 teams this year

am not sure if we’re going to know if MV a top 25 team this year or not — does it enhance or hurt that claim if they lose by 28?

MD just on a different level, even from another group of super-recruited-up teams 

22 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Is this how y'all evaluate football out there? Who really cares that they played MD to a narrow 30 point margin when OLu is getting whacked by JSerra 52-21!!!

The Lancers fucking suck and have no business being in the Top 100. Thousands of teams could do what they have done this year, which is essentially nothing.

D2A47313-9CB3-42CF-A238-75F01E000A99.gif

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

am not sure if we’re going to know if MV a top 25 team this year or not — does it enhance or hurt that claim if they lose by 28?

I watched them play San Clemente who made a lot of mistakes and is physically very small.  I thought MV would dominate more.  Teams with good pass rush and decent outside contain will give them trouble.  The wideouts don’t separate enough if you jam them early.  They have a good tight end type receiver that runs good routes and shields corners pretty well.  Plus they have three key guys that were playing both ways.  That’s tough at top 25 level. I would think between 30 and 50.

16 minutes ago, Bormio said:

First of all, people from California do not say “Bless your heart”.

Second, keep telling yourselves how great MD is, and how any team that loses to them by less than 40 is also great.  These narratives have a way of blowing up in your face.

Thank you. I didn’t realize Californians didn’t use that term.

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Out side of BG and Bosco, OLu was Mater Dei's closes game (i dont count the Amat game since Rollo was running very basic playbooks on both side of the ball before the BG game)

image.thumb.png.42743a0467e80600a2578728fa80e31c.png

Dude outside of BG and SJB your schedule SUCKS! Its full of overhyped teams... 

51-21 is not a close tough game...  

28-24,28-21,17-14 those are close tough games... 

Blundgeoning OLU isnt a good game... 

And Cen10 and MV are not top 10. 

Cen10 should be no higher than 10-15 ranking. 

MV shouldnt even be ranked... 

And how is SJB still top 10? They shouldnt be higher than 11-15. 

California rankings are  overrated and exaggerated... 

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Dude outside of BG and SJB your schedule SUCKS! Its full of overhyped teams... 

51-21 is not a close tough game...  

28-24,28-21,17-14 those are close tough games... 

Blundgeoning OLU isnt a good game... 

And Cen10 and MV are not top 10. 

Cen10 should be no higher than 10-15 ranking. 

MV shouldnt even be ranked... 

And how is SJB still top 10? They shouldnt be higher than 11-15. 

California rankings are  overrated and exaggerated... 

Not my schedule. I am not on the team. I’m an alumni and booster not a team member. I’m in my mid 30’s married with 3 Kids. It hasn’t been my schedule since 2000

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The crazy thing about this final 4 is this is just for the right to play ANOTHER top national team in the state finals. 

Props to Cali for manning the F up and not watering their system down. 

I guess if you're ok with the give every man a trophy mentality... 

Dude in GA and FL a team has to win a few league games to get in. While that often can create some BS situations. 

Explain to me how OLU went 5-5 and 0-5 in league play and still got in... and not only that despite 5 straight weeks of losing OLU rose in the rankings... they didnt drop once...

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I guess if you're ok with the give every man a trophy mentality... 

Dude in GA and FL a team has to win a few league games to get in. While that often can create some BS situations. 

Explain to me how OLU went 5-5 and 0-5 in league play and still got in... and not only that despite 5 straight weeks of losing OLU rose in the rankings... they didnt drop once...

I guess he is okay with top 4 teams is the state playing each other the next 2 weeks with the winner playing the 5th ranked team in a Bowl Game

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Three of the 7A Georgia playoff teams had losing records and another four finished 0.500  prior to the playoffs.  If Georgia pared their playoffs to a reasonable 16 teams, instead of having a “warm up round” then you could have eliminated the 7 BS situations of your own.