North Shore vs Katy

ChimpGrip

18 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

How good is Katy, really? As I said in my post, I know they're a good team but the results they have posted the last three weeks are not surprising. The one strong team they have played this year ended in a 24-21 victory. 

We really don't know how good Katy is. They beat Woodlands who got rolled by Rockwall. So almost as good as Rockwall? ;)

23 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

How good is Katy, really? As I said in my post, I know they're a good team but the results they have posted the last three weeks are not surprising. The one strong team they have played this year ended in a 24-21 victory. 

That Woodlands game was played 2 weeks after Hurricane Harvey.  Some of those kids lost their homes and all their possessions, and many hadn't slept in their own beds since the Hurricane made landfall.  I've followed Katy football for over 50 years and I'm telling you...THIS Katy team has the look of a State Champion.

1 minute ago, Yard Dart said:

That Woodlands game was played 2 weeks after Hurricane Harvey.  Some of those kids lost their homes and all their possessions, and many hadn't slept in their own beds since the Hurricane made landfall.  I've followed Katy football for over 50 years and I'm telling you...THIS Katy team has the look of a State Champion.

Right, and that's why there's still a question mark hovering over Katy. I agree that they look dominant, it would not surprise me if they won it all this year. But I want to see how the do against stiffer competition before crowning them. 

Watching Katy and North Shore play over the years has been a real treat; its like watching two bull elephants crash head on into each other. I don't expect anything different in this game.

I'm usually a pretty sound supporter of computer projections and their accuracy in picking winners, but this game is an exception. North Shore has been playing significantly better than the computer projections all through these playoffs - much as they did when they won the 6A D1 state title in 2015.

• Like 1

You know its not like Katy hasn't played against a number of future NFL players over the years, they're used to seeing big time talent on other teams. By the way Carr's Fort Bend Clements team was 13-0 when they played Katy in 2007 - great receivers really good running back. By far the best team that school has ever had. This year's Katy team reminds me a lot of that 2007 Katy team - although 2007 had a lot better QB that year in Bo Levi Mitchel, currently of the Calgary Rough Riders in the CFL.

I found the video highlights. I doubt Derek has fond memories of the night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerHat said:

You know its not like Katy hasn't played against a number of future NFL players over the years, they're used to seeing big time talent on other teams. By the way Carr's Fort Bend Clements team was 13-0 when they played Katy in 2007 - great receivers really good running back. By far the best team that school has ever had. This year's Katy team reminds me a lot of that 2007 team - although Katy had a lot better QB that year in Bo Levi Mitchel, currently of the Calgary Rough Riders in the CFL.

I found the video highlights. I doubt Derek has fond memories of the night.

What great receivers?

That Fort Bend Clements team beat crap teams by one score margins. Everyone knew what was going to happen to them that day.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:11 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Who takes this? I would not count NS out. Also, while Katy has been dominant in the playoffs, they have not played a very good offense yet. 

HERE we go again! They say Texas high school football is da SHIT BUT! The SAME damn teams make the semis or finals, EVERY season!

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

HERE we go again! They say Texas high school football is da SHIT BUT! The SAME damn teams make the semis or finals, EVERY season!

of the 16 teams remaining, only 6 have been to the semifinals the past 2 years: Katy, Allen, LT, north shore, Steele  and westlake.  

ET, SLC, midway, Longview, lufkin, langham creek, cy fair, cedar ridge, Hendrickson and 0'connor have not been either NEVER or since '11.  Since some of these teams are playing each other, 4 of them are guaranteed into the semifinals. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

of the 16 teams remaining, only 6 have been to the semifinals the past 2 years: Katy, Allen, LT, north shore, Steele  and westlake.  

ET, SLC, midway, Longview, lufkin, langham creek, cy fair, cedar ridge, Hendrickson and 0'connor have not been either NEVER or since '11.  Since some of these teams are playing each other, 4 of them are guaranteed into the semifinals. 

Sir you do know you responded to an imbecile?  I am willing to bet my left nut you can't name 4 teams that will be Playing In the JawJaa State Championships. But this Goober has a Texas Obsession.  He needs to validate Ga for some reason. Throw him some hope look up the teams and tell him how powerful they are.  No one has more than 8 State Championships here in Texas.  I looked up another post that had the top teams from the MaxPreps area and Trinity was on there for Texas and yet they have just as many top 25 finished as all those OOS teams they have far less Championships than the others.  xDHmmmmmm.   Why is he always screaming about Cole Quit the only damn team I know from that State. xD.  Start a Katy North Shore Thread and OOS flock.  Start a Ga. State Championship thread not one Texan Gives a damn.   Semper FI

P.S. I am a huge and I mean Huge Mater Dei fan but Cali come on now the Pac 5 is tough. But them Boys would still be battling if they were in TX 6A.  And the road to Jerry's World is a helluva lot tougher than What they are DLS face.  Mater Dei is great but to assume they would run thru Texas is a bit much.  And I am a huge fan. I have watched Allen all year they might lose in Texas because the Grind is tough over 6 weeks.  But there is not a HS team in the Nation that would run over them.  I watch them every year and I will say without a doubt this is the most complete team they have had including with the Wizard Murray @ QB.  That defense is big and those CB's will light your ass up.   That is all.  Hoping for Katy vs. Allen the Dub vs. GHA.  Tradition vs. Grandiose.   Texas would be excited and the numbers in the Death Star will be crazy and the Redskin and I will contribute.   I HOPE MATER DEI HANG HALF A HUNDRED ON SPARTY B|

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir you do know you responded to an imbecile?  I am willing to bet my left nut you can't name 4 teams that will be Playing In the JawJaa State Championships. But this Goober has a Texas Obsession.  He needs to validate Ga for some reason. Throw him some hope look up the teams and tell him how powerful they are.  No one has more than 8 State Championships here in Texas.  I looked up another post that had the top teams from the MaxPreps area and Trinity was on there for Texas and yet they have just as many top 25 finished as all those OOS teams they have far less Championships than the others.  xDHmmmmmm.   Why is he always screaming about Cole Quit the only damn team I know from that State. xD.  Start a Katy North Shore Thread and OOS flock.  Start a Ga. State Championship thread not one Texan Gives a damn.   Semper FI

P.S. I am a huge and I mean Huge Mater Dei fan but Cali come on now the Pac 5 is tough. But them Boys would still be battling if they were in TX 6A.  And the road to Jerry's World is a helluva lot tougher than What they are DLS face.  Mater Dei is great but to assume they would run thru Texas is a bit much.  And I am a huge fan. I have watched Allen all year they might lose in Texas because the Grind is tough over 6 weeks.  But there is not a HS team in the Nation that would run over them.  I watch them every year and I will say without a doubt this is the most complete team they have had including with the Wizard Murray @ QB.  That defense is big and those CB's will light your ass up.   That is all.  Hoping for Katy vs. Allen the Dub vs. GHA.  Tradition vs. Grandiose.   Texas would be excited and the numbers in the Death Star will be crazy and the Redskin and I will contribute.   I HOPE MATER DEI HANG HALF A HUNDRED ON SPARTY B|

I know he's an idiot, but I respond with the facts so he will be reminded in his thick head ... that he's an idiot.

Injuries are always an issue this time of year and teams having to adjust makes it challenging as the competition improves. You bet, the 6A playoffs can take a toll