Some California news

Ararar

2 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

You puffing your chest when MV running clocks St Mary’s is equivalent to Folsom putting a clock on  Chaminade. 

Not at all.  Just happy that the rest of the HS football world finally got to see how Folsom and Nor Cal really stack up.  Just grateful it was all packaged into one evening.  For convenience of course.

8 minutes ago, On2whls said:

None taken.  My poor little Huskies have no chance anymore.  

I wouldn't say that. I don't necessarily love a 3-QB system (or whatever Logan has going on over there), but the score against LBP looked pretty good tonight. Also, you just need to look to last year for a team that won a game 41-18 then turned around and lost 13-17 to the same team later that same season. If it can happen with SJB/MD, it could happen with MD/Cen10. I give any Logan Cen10 team a puncher's chance.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not at all.  Just happy that the rest of the HS football world finally got to see how Folsom and Nor Cal really stack up.  Just grateful it was all packaged into one evening.  For convenience of course.

You got all that out of MV beating a team badly a couple of weeks after they did it to a bottom-half trinity level socal team?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I wouldn't say that. I don't necessarily love a 3-QB system (or whatever Logan has going on over there), but the score against LBP looked pretty good tonight. Also, you just need to look to last year for a team that won a game 41-18 then turned around and lost 13-17 to the same team later that same season. If it can happen with SJB/MD, it could happen with MD/Cen10. I give any Logan Cen10 team a punchers chance.

Not sure if they’re socal #3 or not but if vegas has odds on it (who’d win a #3 tourney — which is maybe what you ought to do next year to try to beat Folsom — keep open to 2 teams), they’d be betting favorite 

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SoCal top 5 team whoops NorCal top 30 team... NorCal sucks!

Folsom wins big.... NorCal sucks!

folsom almost loses... NorCal sucks! 

You can really spin anything 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Not sure if they’re socal #3 or not but if vegas has odds on it (who’d win a #3 tourney — which is maybe what you ought to do next year to try to beat Folsom — keep open to 2 teams), they’d be betting favorite 

2 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

SoCal top 5 team whoops NorCal top 30 team... NorCal sucks!

Folsom wins big.... NorCal sucks!

folsom almost loses... NorCal sucks! 

You can really spin anything 😂

No need spin.  Everyone figured that Nor Cal does suck.

This weekend just validated it

1 minute ago, dntn31 said:

I wouldn't say that. I don't necessarily love a 3-QB system (or whatever Logan has going on over there), but the score against LBP looked pretty good tonight. Also, you just need to look to last year for a team that won a game 41-18 then turned around and lost 13-17 to the same team later that same season. If it can happen with SJB/MD, it could happen with MD/Cen10. I give any Logan Cen10 team a punchers chance.

Despite having decent size and some good receivers, LBP is not a good team.  It’s too bad what has happened to them.  

Cen10’s third QB is clearly the best of the bunch so that position is good for next year.  

Realistically though, they just aren’t big enough to compete with you know who lol.  

MV Cen10 would be an interesting game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Cen10 is on a higher Tier than Narbonne, Serra and Poly.  So you really don't have a point.

Narbonne was supposed to be “all that” this year.  That was my main point.  Despite OLU not being very good, it looked like Narbonne had turned the corner with a convincing victory over them, and should have handled Serra more easily.  I was looking forward to a Narbonne vs Devil shootout but I don’t think either has enough bullets.

3 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Narbonne was supposed to be “all that” this year.  That was my main point.  Despite OLU not being very good, it looked like Narbonne had turned the corner with a convincing victory over them, and should have handled Serra more easily.  I was looking forward to a Narbonne vs Devil shootout but I don’t think either has enough bullets.

Dont make the mistake of only looking at scores.

Here’s the rub – the Jackrabbits may still be finding themselves on offense, but the Cavaliers will be missing probably their best offensive player in senior running back Jaylon Armstead.

Armstead sustained an ankle injury during this past week’s 26-20 win at Calabasas. He rushed for 223 yards and five TDs on just five carries in a season-opening win over Garfield, and had 32 yards on six carries before going down in the Calabasas game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Trinity League will go 6-0 this week, and Look at St. Paul playing (State #17)  Sierra Canyon close

Hold on there just a bit.  MD not playing this week.  

SJB vs Mililani in HA ok, Mililani is not bad

J Serra over Calabasas ok.  Callabassas not bad

Servite over Villa Park who is outscored something like 192-14 over the past three weeks.   Child abuse charges forthcoming.

Santa Margarita over Stellar Prep?  Isn’t that where you send your pet to learn how to sit?

OLU over Vista Murrieta?  Hello Mr foot, meet tomato can.  

• Haha 1