Some California news

Ararar

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Outside of DLS, Nor Cal may not have any real teams in the Top 6 Tiers.

This proves how weak NorCal is in general.

If St. Mary's was in SoCal they'd be, say, the 5th best team in the Mission League and nobody would talk about them. But since they're in NorCal, they win more games than they should and they get into SBG play-in games sometimes and even once made it to an SBG itself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dntn31 said:

MV's D-Line is legit. No offense, but I think MV might be the 3rd best team in D1/2.

Possibly. MV/Cen10 is a matchup I’d like to see. That won’t happen because MV will finish the regular season undefeated and if they do they deserve the 3rd seed in the playoffs and Cen10 would be the 4th seed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dntn31 said:

MV's D-Line is legit. No offense, but I think MV might be the 3rd best team in D1/2.

And they get a pass for not scheduling anyone with a heartbeat. Why they scheduling St Mary’s from shithole Stockton instead of a BG or MD or SJB or an Arizona team? 

Sammys getting as bad, if not worse than block. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

And they get a pass for not scheduling anyone with a heartbeat. Why they scheduling St Mary’s from shithole Stockton instead of a BG or MD or SJB or an Arizona team? 

With the exception of the Hawaii team, the next four games were the back end of 1 and 1 commitments.  The 2nd year coach should have impact on next years schedule.   They know what’s ahead of them in their playoffs each year so i expect they will step up on OOL next year.

• Like 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Maybe St. Marys was not MV first choice, but as they went Top down on the Nor Cal list of potential opponents, was the first team to accept a game.

Judging from their weak schedule the past few seasons I’d say this is false. MV is a lot like Folsom. Top 5 in Cali most seasons but their schedules leave a lot of questions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Judging from their weak schedule the past few seasons I’d say this is false. MV is a lot like Folsom. Top 5 in Cali most seasons but their schedules leave a lot of questions. 

MV has been scheduling Tier 2 So Cal teams, including Trinity League teams over the past few years.  To improve their schedule they would have to schedule someone like a Cen10 (which they should) or a Top AZ school.  Going to Nor Cal (other than DLS) is a waste of a game now. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

MV has been scheduling Tier 2 So Cal teams, including Trinity League teams over the past few years.  To improve their schedule they would have to schedule someone like a Cen10 (which they should) or a Top AZ school.  Going to Nor Cal (other than DLS) is a waste of a game now. 

They’ve been scheduling bottom half TL teams. The bottom half of the TL is garbage. Stop giving them a pass. They’re always a top Cali team and their schedule is 💩 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

They’ve been scheduling bottom half TL teams. The bottom half of the TL is garbage. Stop giving them a pass. They’re always a top Cali team and their schedule is 💩 

Please stop with the hyperbole.  The bottom half of the Trinity league is not "garbage".  If that is your honest take based on your accumulated knowledge of HS football, then that is another issue.

I agree MV should be scheduling (at the very least)Top Public schools (Cen10 or Narbonne) in Calif or AZ.  They did schedule normally Top So Cal publics this year in La Habra and Villa Park.  But those teams are obviously not what they appeared to be going into the season.  I believe that MV had scheduled Upland as well before.

So their schedule is not horrific. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Please stop with the hyperbole.  The bottom half of the Trinity league is not "garbage".  If that is your honest take based on your accumulated knowledge of HS football, then that is another issue.

I agree MV should be scheduling (at the very least)Top Public schools (Cen10 or Narbonne) in Calif or AZ.  They did schedule normally Top So Cal publics this year in La Habra and Villa Park.  But those teams are obviously not what they appeared to be going into the season.  I believe that MV had scheduled Upland as well before.

So their schedule is not horrific. 

TL has two great academy teams... one really good team... and the rest are absolute lay ups. Sorry to hurt your feelings but it’s the honest truth. Maybe Servite will be good again one day but they need to start recruiting like the rest of their league. 

And yes, MV schedule is pitiful for how good they are every year. Like I said, they’re similar to folsom. Great teams, weak schedules. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

TL has two great academy teams... one really good team... and the rest are absolute lay ups. Sorry to hurt your feelings but it’s the honest truth. Maybe Servite will be good again one day but they need to start recruiting like the rest of their league. 

And yes, MV schedule is pitiful for how good they are every year. Like I said, they’re similar to folsom. Great teams, weak schedules. 

Layups for who?