Some California news

Ararar

14 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Besides the fact that you're an absolute moron, you're also overly confident. Folsom has talent all over the field but this years team is sloppy as hell. They turn the ball over more than any Folsom team in the past decade. If they continue to turn the ball over like they have so far this season they aren't even going to make the bowl game. If they can limit turn overs in the playoffs then they have a decent shot of repeating but Helix and Cathedral will give them hell. 

Stop pandering to these clowns.

Folsom is undefeated against SoCal. Dispute this fact. 

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

For those that want the scoop on So Cal football.

Hosted at St. Paul High.

SJB talk, Narbonne talk, etc

Why is that stadium called The Pit?  It doesn't look sunken.

Salinas High Stadium is called The Pit because the field is lower by about 5 feet than the surrounding area.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Salinas High Stadium is called The Pit because the field is lower by about 5 feet than the surrounding area.

Good Question.  It was Called the Pit more due to the fact that St.Paul didn't lose a home game there for 10 years.  Opponents dreaded coming to play there.  The stands were close to the field an they brought in end zone seating creating a bowl environment.  During the Hay days we would get 10,000 for a big game.

See the video below for the fans ringing the field for the League championship game  4 overtime game vs 9-0. Amat.  Fans standing on the 50 yard line going across the actual field

4 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Other teams hated to play at The Pit.  See post below detailing the experience from a Servite player

Classic post.
80's battles at "The Pit"
Bus ride into a dark industrial neighborhood.
Helmet on for protection from rocks, eggs,batteries and pennies.
Future Swordsmen in JAA/PW gear yelling Servite F'ing sucks.
No grass, just grit 3" deep.
Lime lined field.
Horrible lighting.
100+ 5'10" 170 lbs. Troy Polamalu's on speed (figuratively).
4 6'6" 285 lbs. linemen with full beards.
1 6'4" 230 lbs. fullback with 4.7 speed.
Multiple personal fouls on opening kickoff (only two penalties called the remainder of the game).
6'4" 230 lbs. fullback with 4.7 speed left, 6'4" 230 lbs. fullback with 4.7 speed right X 35.
Blood.
Sweat.
Snot.
Puke.
Concussed Mike backer calling defense in huddle while looking through earhole.
First Down.
Concussed Mike backer yelling stop the f'ing run in the huddle instead of calling a front.
Get up from pile with fists, otherwise fingers stepped/stomped on by WR with worn "screw in" metal spikes.
Bite.
Scratch.
Eye gouge.
Mother smack.
Profanity.
Punch to the package at bottom of pile.
Concussed Mike backer yelling just line up and stop the f'ing run.
5 missed 38 yard field goals, neither team can get in the red zone, forget endzone.
A few defensive stops.
A well fought game.
Shake hands.
Do it again next year at Santa Ana Bowl.
Memories that last a lifetime.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

image.thumb.png.b33e12e16a8549bebf507cf714520c8d.png

image.thumb.png.384ce59f7b59d3bbc9678af872e86ce5.png

I'm not sure who exactly is making these highlight videos for Salinas High, but they've been doing them for each local game.  You get a pretty good idea of Salinas High Stadium.  You say that people sit close at St. Paul?  Nowhere near as close as at Salinas High.  I think normal seating is for about 5000, but there's a lot of people who come for standing room only for big games like this one.

I was able to listen to this game (all of the Salinas games are on online radio).  Great game.  First time we beat rival Palma 3 times in a row since the 70s.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

I have memories of seeing St. Paul and MD battle in the Pitt back in the late 70s and early 80s. During that era St. Paul was the far superior team. The Trinity rivalries of today can't hold a candle to the old Angelus league with MD, Servite, St. Paul and Bishop Amat. 

Agreed.  You don't see student and player brawls at Basketball and Baseball games these days.  Then there was the post game on the field fight with Mater Dei in 1981, when the teams were supposed to shake hands.

• Like 1

DIV 1/2 Scores

Centennial 69 - Corona 7
Orange Lutheran 28 - Santa Margarita 14
Vista Murrieta 37 - Chaparral 17
St. John Bosco 49 - JSerra 10
Norco 63 - Santiago 14
Poly 69 - Cabrillo 0
Rancho Verde 55 - Elsinore 7
Notre Dame 17 - Serra 6
Upland 35 - Los Osos 7
Oaks Christian 56 - Newbury Park 16
Rancho Cucamonga 54 - Etiwanda 3
San Clemente 42 - El Toro 3
Valencia 29 - Hart 27
Mission Viejo 63 - Capo Valley 13
Murrieta Valley 51- Temecula Valley 49(4th)

Mater Dei 49- Servite 11 (3rd)

Bishop Amat vs Chaminade (10/12)

Bonus D3

Corona del Mar 42 - Edison 7
Grace Brethren 56 - Moorpark 14
Alemany vs. Loyola (cancelled due to fire)

20 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Agreed.  You don't see student and player brawls at Basketball and Baseball games these days.  Then there was the post game on the field fight with Mater Dei in 1981, when the teams were supposed to shake hands.

The South Coast League did that until the mid 90s lol

I kicked a Monarch in the ass as he was getting up after he late hit my buddy. I had a running start. That incited a bench clearing brawl hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LA Times 25

1. MATER DEI (7-0) def. Servite, 56-11 | at Santa Margarita at Trabuco Hills, Friday (1)

2. ST. JOHN BOSCO (7-0) def. JSerra, 49-10 | vs. Orange Lutheran at Orange Coast College, Friday (2)

3. CORONA CENTENNIAL (5-2) def. Corona, 69-7 | vs. Norco, Friday (3)

4. MISSION VIEJO (8-0) def. Capistrano Valley, 63-13 | vs. San Clemente, Oct. 25 (4)

5. NARBONNE (6-1) idle | at Gardena, Friday (6)

6. JSERRA (5-2) lost to St. John Bosco, 49-10 | at Servite at Orange Coast College, Thursday (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

7. GRACE BRETHREN (7-0) def. Moorpark, 56-14 | vs. Thousand Oaks at Cal Lutheran U., Friday (7)

8. CORONA DEL MAR (7-0) def. Edison, 42-7 | at Fountain Valley at Huntington Beach, Thursday (9)

9. SERVITE (4-3) lost to Mater Dei, 56-11 | vs. JSerra at Orange Coast College, Thursday (8)

10. CALABASAS (5-2) idle | vs. Newbury Park, Friday (10)

11. SIERRA CANYON (6-1) idle | vs. San Pedro at Pierce College, Friday (11)

12. SAN CLEMENTE (7-1) def. El Toro, 42-3 | vs. Capistrano Valley, Friday (12)

13. BISHOP AMAT (5-1) def. Chaminade, 31-21 | at Gardena Serra, Friday (13)

14. BISHOP ALEMANY (5-1) idle | at Chaminade, Friday (14)

15. LA HABRA (5-2) def. Fullerton, 44-20 | at Sunny Hills at Buena Park, Friday (15)

16. CAMARILLO (6-0) def. Bishop Diego, 34-0 | vs. Moorpark at Moorpark College, Friday (16)

17. SO NOTRE DAME (5-2) def. Gardena Serra, 17-6 | vs. Loyola, Friday (20)

18. TESORO (6-1) idle | vs. El Toro, Friday (21)

19. CULVER CITY (7-0) def. Lawndale, 32-27 | at El Segundo, Friday (22)

20. RANCHO VERDE (6-1) def. Elsinore, 55-7 | at Valley View, Friday (23)

21. NORCO (6-1) def. Corona Santiago, 63-14 | at Corona Centennial, Friday (24)

22. LA SERNA (8-0) def. California, 45-7 | at Santa Fe at Pioneer, Friday (25)

ADVERTISEMENT

23. OXNARD (6-1) def. Pacifica, 36-27 | at Channel Islands, Friday (NR)

24. ORANGE LUTHERAN (4-3) def. Santa Margarita, 28-14 | vs. St. John Bosco at Orange Coast College, Friday (NR)

25. CHAPARRAL (6-1) lost to Vista Murrieta, 37-17 | vs. Murrieta Mesa, Friday (18)

On 10/9/2019 at 9:27 AM, Extremely Humble said:

Besides the fact that you're an absolute moron, you're also overly confident. Folsom has talent all over the field but this years team is sloppy as hell. They turn the ball over more than any Folsom team in the past decade. If they continue to turn the ball over like they have so far this season they aren't even going to make the bowl game. If they can limit turn overs in the playoffs then they have a decent shot of repeating but Helix and Cathedral will give them hell. 

Spent the past few Friday nights watching Folsom's talent, and it would seem to me that a few of them are already looking to next year in the college ranks.  One play I see a spectacular one-handed catch, the next, the same player is jogging downfield not even bothering to look for a block.  I like the qb, but I'm wondering if he is actually going through his progressions, or simply trying to find a buddy downfield to throw to.  Now that the dream of beating DLS has been deferred again, it may be that some of these seniors feel like a 16 game season is too long this year.  Fortunately, there are some solid juniors and talented JV and Freshmen teams to look forward to.  I think this team will get sent home by Central of Fresno unless they decide to play.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DogPile said:

Spent the past few Friday nights watching Folsom's talent, and it would seem to me that a few of them are already looking to next year in the college ranks.  One play I see a spectacular one-handed catch, the next, the same player is jogging downfield not even bothering to look for a block.  I like the qb, but I'm wondering if he is actually going through his progressions, or simply trying to find a buddy downfield to throw to.  Now that the dream of beating DLS has been deferred again, it may be that some of these seniors feel like a 16 game season is too long this year.  Fortunately, there are some solid juniors and talented JV and Freshmen teams to look forward to.  I think this team will get sent home by Central of Fresno unless they decide to play.

Agreed. I’ve watched every game with the exception of the last one and their mental focus isn’t there right now. Hopefully they turn it on in the playoffs. The JV squad looks very good. 

• Like 1

Also, if anyone is interested I decided to take an initial stab at a "comp poll" for CIFSS D1/2 to help evaluate the playoff selection process. Interestingly, the current CIFSS poll exactly matches the "comp poll". I originally intended to include Cal Hi but their rankings are currently behind a pay-wall and you have to wait a week for their top 25 scoreboard to see how their teams are ranked. As a result, I'll be excluding Cal Hi.

Capture.PNG.364df734be82a21f1aac8ad6d981b38c.PNG

• Like 3

On 10/11/2019 at 2:18 PM, Cal 14 said:

I'm not sure who exactly is making these highlight videos for Salinas High, but they've been doing them for each local game.  You get a pretty good idea of Salinas High Stadium.  You say that people sit close at St. Paul?  Nowhere near as close as at Salinas High.  I think normal seating is for about 5000, but there's a lot of people who come for standing room only for big games like this one.

I was able to listen to this game (all of the Salinas games are on online radio).  Great game.  First time we beat rival Palma 3 times in a row since the 70s.

We got yall this week.

• Like 1

So current D1 playoffs right now would look like

1. MD  vs. 8. Amat

4. Mission Viejo vs. 5. Jserra

3. Cen10 vs. 6. Servite

7. Calabasas vs. 2. Bosco

Obviously big game this week is Jserra vs Servite they could flop spots in a Servite win or if Servite was to get blown out somehow they could drop to 7 IMO. 

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

So current D1 playoffs right now would look like

1. MD  vs. 8. Amat

4. Mission Viejo vs. 5. Jserra

3. Cen10 vs. 6. Servite

7. Calabasas vs. 2. Bosco

Obviously big game this week is Jserra vs Servite they could flop spots in a Servite win or if Servite was to get blown out somehow they could drop to 7 IMO. 

that would be a crazy game...

• Like 1