Some California news

Ararar

31 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

How would Alemany fair against JSerra?

Alemany is very good but is still very young and I think a year from peaking.  They might give JSerra a game, but JSerra has more big game experience.  Oaks Christian just plain looks bad right so that made Alemany look better than they might be.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dntn31 said:

News CIFSS Polls

LOL, Notre Dame at #9... 

Capture.thumb.PNG.1b71e5d2c82f246252195d0035ccb99b.PNG

So alemany is D3?

they're being touted a bit as the #3 team in socal this week 

SSD3, to my knowledge, hasn’t put a team in the 1AA SBG bracket (or even had one considered)

any thoughts on whether division likely to hold them back to a lesser game?  Certainly would like to see the best socal team possible in that bracket as Norcal likely to have a steeper drop to 1A

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

So alemany is D3?

they're being touted a bit as the #3 team in socal this week 

SSD3, to my knowledge, hasn’t put a team in the 1AA SBG bracket (or even had one considered)

any thoughts on whether division likely to hold them back to a lesser game?  Certainly would like to see the best socal team possible in that bracket as Norcal likely to have a steeper drop to 1A

Honestly, whoever ends up wining the D3 bracket (whether that's CDM, Alemany or Grace Brethren - all three look pretty good right now) could end up being better than the winner of the D2 bracket. There is still a lot of games left to be played, so ask me again a month from now. Right now, there seems to be a fair amount of parity outside of the elite CIFSS teams this year. Teams in D3 are constrained by the two previous year's results which do not factor in the current year's results (i.e., a team could end up being a top 10 team this year but be relegated to D3 because they weren't one of the top 24 teams based on the past two years). It's pretty early, but I would guess that Narbonne or a SD team to get chosen over the D3 winner unless the stars aligned for them.