Grudge Match Thread

The Comish

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

We need to get the dates of the "Grudge match" games.  So we can put together the 2018 Grudge match schedule

8/24 Mater Dei at Bishop Gorman

9/21. IMG at Matet Dei

I agree on the MD vs BG being a big grudge match since there is history between them. Besides avenging last year's defeat a lot is on the line for BG. If they win and run the table they can still have a shot at national title. They lose, they're out of nat. title and for them winning state is not that impressive.  

IMG vs MD will be the most interesting game. Shame it didn't take place in 2017. Would've loved to have seen JT pick apart that IMG defense.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

Just a friendly game amongst friends😆

Haha I don't know the nature of Iggy/Eds, but you're kinda right about Colerain/X......

both Coach Specht (X) and Coach Bolden (Colerain) are good friends, Specht even had Coach Bolden coaching with him when he coached team USA. I think Coach Kyle (Iggy) also coached with them. Specht also has taken a couple of great Colerain coaches/former players and given them paid coaching positions at X, when Colerain couldn't provide financially.

The Colerain/X rivalry has become one more of respect than true animosity........

However, Colerain and La Salle fan bases hate each other and is a true neighborhood grudge match.