NFL Draft: 1st Round

RedZone

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Sam Darnold will not be a bust. Kid has all the tools and especially heart. Might take him a year or 2 to get there but he will be a franchise qb.

He was fun to watch at Southern Cal, I was hoping he was the starter out of the gate when Bama played SC in ‘16. Would have been a little more competitive 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

You make assumptions as if you know what you’re talking about. You (as many others on this board) are the last we should listen to on what makes a good QB and why one will succeed/fail. 

I've been right tons of times. 

Going by your level of approval only Walsh,  Martz, Gruden etc.  are qualified to assume anything.  Clown 

No we should listen to fan boys like yourself about individuals and their teams right?

3 hours ago, Bormio said:

All you Georgia fans need to start rooting for the Pats.  Apparently the Bulldogs are now the Pats farm team.

I see that... Never been a huge Pats fan, but they got Michel & Wynn... Im obligated to root for them. And they have Malcolm Mitchell.

In other news, I believe my Dolphins got a steal in Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I was hoping he'd fall to them and that they'd take him. I figure it came down to a choice between Minkah and Edmunds. Thought they might lean Edmunds since linebacker is a big need, but I am glad they opted for Fitzpatrick instead.

The kid is a serious playmaker and can play in the slot, outside or safety. The Dolphins GM say he will play safety, but they'll figure out that he will be valuable all over the field.

FANTASTIC PICK!

I think Mayfield was the best QB in the group. That said...

Would've picked Barkley 1st, then got Mayfield at 4 if I was the Brown's.

You know NY was getting Chubb at #2 if Barkley wasn't there and the Jets were always interested in Sam Darnold's overrated ass.

But this is the Brown's....not the smartest organization in the league at all. Even after getting Mayfield at #1, they passed on Chubb and Fitzpatrick at 4. Smh.

7 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Going by your level of approval only Walsh,  Martz, Gruden etc.  are qualified to assume anything.  Clown 

No we should listen to fan boys like yourself about individuals and their teams right?

If that makes you feel better and it boosts your self esteem, then run with it, you impure degenerate.

48 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Michel apparently has a knee issue, though.

What’s up with that, doc?

Had an ACL early on at Georgia.  Question of whether there is anything else there.  He says he is healthy (of course).  Nothing wrong with his play last year.  Does not have (and does not depend upon) 4.3 speed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I'd say we were right about Watson last year.  Not sure how I feel about Baker.   I wasn't really blown away by any college QBs this year, but I thought Baker was very impressive against UGA.   I think NFL teams are reaching and hoping.   I personally think Darnold is most "NFL ready", and was a bit underrated this season (as the media and avg fan expected him to light it up).     

Going deeper though,  I personally think the NFL coaching and creativity on offense is behind College football.   I don't necessarily buy the whole "that won't work in the NFL" mindset (for the most part), and the part of me that does is only because NFL players aren't able to be bullied into perfection like they are in College.   NFL players actually have a say, and who wants to work that hard?   I know I wouldn't lol.   This is why I believe the Pats organization is most successful,  BChick has instilled a NCAA type mindset into that team.   I really don't get why any coach would want to coach in the NFL, F that stress. 

• Like 2