Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

2 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Agreed. Look at JT Daniels! He was a huge joke at USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JT Daniels is another Brock Berlin.   Great High School QB that was surrounded with tons of talent on his team (Evangel Christian) but when he got more on the level playing field (Big time College football) it showed that he was basically average to slightly above average at best.

I see the same thing with Bryce Young and the DJ at SJB.

I'm predicting that Bryce Young never really sees the field at Alabama and probably transfers after one or two years max.

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

😄

Are you even a serious person with this?

Texas is #1 in fluffing garbage teams/players.

California players that never lived up to 1/10th their hype coming out of High School.

De La Salle:   LB-DJ Williams-  Univ-Miami

Oaks Christian:  QB-Jimmy Clausen- Notre Dame--  MY GOD...this kid walked on Holy Water coming out of HS.

Mater Dei:  QB-Matt Barkley-  USC-  Almost the same as Clausen.

SJB:   QB-Josh Rosen-   same same.. probably the biggest flop of them all.

The list could go on and on and on.

Yes.. we have some of those from Texas too.  

But let's be honest... California has hyped some players to the 1,000th Degree over the years.

These players above were pretty much being granted Heisman Trophies and NFL Hall-of-Fame status coming out of High School.

LMFAO...  I can see the Cali nutzzz are all butt-hurt because all these National Polls clearly show all these Texas 5A teams that would be Top #10 and Top #20 California teams.

Opppsss!!!!

It's ok Steellessnuttzzz..  "Texas 5A Football is trash football."-----  except for those 7 or so Texas 5A teams that would be California Top #20 teams.😎

San Clemente =  Lubbock Cooper-TX5A....  except Lubbock Cooper has more talent and is bigger and probably faster too.

56 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

California players that never lived up to 1/10th their hype coming out of High School.

De La Salle:   LB-DJ Williams-  Univ-Miami

Oaks Christian:  QB-Jimmy Clausen- Notre Dame--  MY GOD...this kid walked on Holy Water coming out of HS.

Mater Dei:  QB-Matt Barkley-  USC-  Almost the same as Clausen.

SJB:   QB-Josh Rosen-   same same.. probably the biggest flop of them all.

The list could go on and on and on.

Yes.. we have some of those from Texas too.  

But let's be honest... California has hyped some players to the 1,000th Degree over the years.

These players above were pretty much being granted Heisman Trophies and NFL Hall-of-Fame status coming out of High School.

Those are ALL SoCal guys with the exception of Williams who did pan out better than the rest.

SoCal football is the most overrated in the country! 

14 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Those are ALL SoCal guys with the exception of Williams who did pan out better than the rest.

SoCal football is the most overrated in the country! 

My point about DJ Williams is he was rated the #1 High School Football player in America coming out of High School. 

He was already a multi-year legend and know Nationally.

He was also the #1 rated LB coming out of High School.

I saw him a few times when he was at DLS.   I saw a tremendous athlete (Two way player) that was Raw.

He got to Miami and couldn't even break the Miami 2-Depth chart his true freshman year and was beat out by a few other young LB's.

Miami basically used him at FB (Ie. Blocker) for almost two seasons.  

He was extremely RAW but loaded with natural GOD Given Talent that might or might not get put together at the next level.   

He came in and after a few seasons started to work himself into a quality player... but never to the Hype-Level that he had coming out of De La Salle HS.

DJ Williams went on to an NFL career at the Denver Broncos and was a solid NFL player for about 8 years..  But never came close to Pro Bowl Level Status.   

My point about him again is mostly the amount of "HYPE" he had coming out of High School.

By the way...  I lived in San Diego and San Clemente for almost 5 years too.

I've had the fortune of seeing SoCal football for 5 years when home.

I've had the fortune of seeing Southern Florida football for 5 years when home.

I've had the fortune of seeing Virginia Beach football for 8 years when at home.

I grew up in Texas... playing football and several members of my family are coaches in the State.

So I've been fortunate enough to at least see High School football "In person" around our Great Country for several years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

We can debate till we’re blue in the face who’s better this year; MD/Bosco vs. TX 6A contenders..but the conversation is moot (ain’t gonna happen).

And on a personal note, thank your lucky star Texas you didn’t have to play Mater Dei and Bryce Young (would love to hear how any TX team has the ‘right scheme’ AND personnel to stop him). 

That aside and fact BY is gone next year, I for one would love to see MD play the best Texas Offensive team the great state has to offer next year. Because, if think MD offense is loaded this year, their Defense will be WORLD BREAKER HULK next year (legit). 

1. What TX team is projected to have the best offense next year?
2. Is there any remote possibility TX will schedule MD/Bosco?    
3. (Optional) What TX team do you think could contain BY this year (how/scheme and who/personnel)?

Dude MD and SJB had chance to play DV next season.  They passed and we will see East Coast Power instead!

I've seen a lot of players from California High School Football  over the past 20+ seasons (In person or on tv.

IMO... the best player that I've seen from California that really looks and plays like a Super-Star next level stud.

The LB from Upton HS- Justin Flowe.   I'm very impressed by his game and unless an unfortunate injury or he does something stupid with life decision making...   I see Greatness in that kid!!!

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Dude MD and SJB had chance to play DV next season.  They passed and we will see East Coast Power instead!

Texas is lucky we don't have to play against MD this season.    Nobody has ever seen a team like this Mater Dei team and Bryce Young and blah blah blah blah..

Well..  starting to look like nobody in California has seen a team like this Mater Dei team either.  Ha-ha-ha-ha.🤪

I think every California team they've played against this year (except SJB) has had a Mercy Clock put on them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You’re the type THC was referring to.  I’ve been on these site for years.  I’ve seen fanbases come and go. MD will be no different once this run is over.  

You made a statement about BY, acting as if he’s the baddest thing since sliced bread,  his stellar abilities should translate then to CFB.  We’ll see what he does then. 

The other stuff is empty rhetoric, as it doesn’t appear TX will be scheduling any teams from Cali.   

True....  once the State of California (Coaches and ect) get sick of the Mater Dei antics of Recruiting up All-Star "Select Teams" and they get knocked back down to reality.

90% of the Mater Dei "Peacocking fans" will go back into their shell.

I'll say it again about Bryce Young.   My prediction is he'll never see the field at Bama as the starting QB.  He'll ride the pine and get sick of that and he'll transfer out and head back home to SoCal and probably San Diego St.

5 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

We can debate till we’re blue in the face who’s better this year; MD/Bosco vs. TX 6A contenders..but the conversation is moot (ain’t gonna happen).

And on a personal note, thank your lucky star Texas you didn’t have to play Mater Dei and Bryce Young (would love to hear how any TX team has the ‘right scheme’ AND personnel to stop him). 

That aside and fact BY is gone next year, I for one would love to see MD play the best Texas Offensive team the great state has to offer next year. Because, if think MD offense is loaded this year, their Defense will be WORLD BREAKER HULK next year (legit). 

1. What TX team is projected to have the best offense next year?
2. Is there any remote possibility TX will schedule MD/Bosco?    
3. (Optional) What TX team do you think could contain BY this year (how/scheme and who/personnel)?

Duncaville 

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Bryce Young is like no QB anyone in Texas has ever seen on the HS Level.  😂 What would our Kids do with just the sight of him taking the field?   MD QB's have proven to be epic failures for the most part after leaving the Cali HS scene.   

Image result for KYLER MURRAY ALLEN HS

They’re just bluffing, they keep their talent and skills tucked away so you can’t plan against him. It would take a Bill Belichick type operation just to get film of Bryce to be able to defensively prepare for the game.

6B086506-497C-4490-9787-CBF5E7A89CFF.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

My point about DJ Williams is he was rated the #1 High School Football player in America coming out of High School. 

He was already a multi-year legend and know Nationally.

He was also the #1 rated LB coming out of High School.

I saw him a few times when he was at DLS.   I saw a tremendous athlete (Two way player) that was Raw.

He got to Miami and couldn't even break the Miami 2-Depth chart his true freshman year and was beat out by a few other young LB's.

Miami basically used him at FB (Ie. Blocker) for almost two seasons.  

He was extremely RAW but loaded with natural GOD Given Talent that might or might not get put together at the next level.   

He came in and after a few seasons started to work himself into a quality player... but never to the Hype-Level that he had coming out of De La Salle HS.

DJ Williams went on to an NFL career at the Denver Broncos and was a solid NFL player for about 8 years..  But never came close to Pro Bowl Level Status.   

My point about him again is mostly the amount of "HYPE" he had coming out of High School.

That Miami team was the greatest roster in college football history.

He started at FB for one year and then started for 3 years at weakside linebacker.

He was a 1st Round pick.

Played 11 years in the NFL.

🤡

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

😂😂 Right. 

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

I have know major predictions for BRyce Young.  On the HS field he throws to wide open guys 95% of the time.

DV has the ability to clamp down on all his targets forcing him to throw into tight spots

Again vs SFA the longest pass all game was 25 yards

How many yards did he throw for that game? SFA has the best defense in the country. Would love to hear you claim dv or anybody, MD included, has more speed & better athletes on defense than SFA does. You know who had elite db’s that made him throw into tight spots? IMG, SFA, SJB, Gorman.. etc. I think dv is a great team, but it would be ignorant to say they present something he hasn’t seen on the hs level and that they're on an entire different level than the teams mentioned above 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

That Miami team was the greatest roster in college football history.

He started at FB for one year and then started for 3 years at weakside linebacker.

He was a 1st Round pick.

🤡

Ya..that's about right.. 

He still showed up and couldn't play LB..  They tried him at LB and he failed at it.  So they played him spot duty at FB.

He was a late 1st round draft pick.

(Still never lived up to the hype coming out of High School at DLS)... 

(He was never the best LB on his own team "Denver" and he never made the Pro Bowl).

So again... He never lived up to 1/10th the hype coming out of High School..

🙀

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

😂😂 Right. 

How many yards did he throw for that game? SFA has the best defense in the country. Would love to hear you claim dv or anybody, MD included, has more speed & better athletes on defense than SFA does. You know who had elite db’s that made him throw into tight spots? IMG, SFA, SJB, Gorman.. etc. I think dv is a great team, but it would be ignorant to say they present something he hasn’t seen on the hs level and that they're on an entire different level than the teams mentioned above 

Happy Thanksgiving 

DV would be handful for anyone including MD

DV offense is > SFA  

DV Defense is = SFA 

Don’t sleep on DV Speed - Certified Verified Speed 

BG was way down when MD played them.

MD and SJB are close to = on any given day.

IMHO I believe IMG was 100% hosed in the game vs MD  #cheated

I watched SJB get called for blindside hit this year vs Dematha and nobody got ejected.

I watched with my eyes MD kid block five yards out of bounds and IMG kid finally grab facemask—-Then kicked out of game -  sorry dude MD fans would cry BS all year if these things happened to them - 2 defensive starters kicked out of game.

This year IMG is way down in their level of play so know shock that SFA won that game going away - several would have done the same.

Again Happy Thanksgiving 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

Ya’ll clearly missed the point. Did I mention anything about college? Nope. I don’t think anyone here is debating who is #1 this year  

My question was, how would any TX HSFB team stop BY this year and and whose offense would you like to see battle the best defense assembled out of CA in the last 10 years. 

No need to get butt-hurt. Put on your big-boy shoes and make an argument.