Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

2 hours ago, Kalven said:

The best Texas win is against a 7-5 team? Congrats.

What is that supposed to mean?

That's okay if you want to hang your on that but go ahead and finish it by saying only Duncanville and MD kick the shit out of them.👍

Let's be real if these Prep School States play by the same rules Texas is they would really be a nothingburger!

I think it's ridiculous for them to build a superstar team and and then pretend High School in their state is good😀

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/2015-katy-championship-greatest-all-time-texas/

Elite High School football is thriving, Texas is being left behind.

2015 Katy voted best Texas team ever.  OOS wins = zero. 

Unanimous MNC = zero

Coincidence?  I think not. 

The myth that Texas teams don't need to play OOS because their playoffs are so tough  is exactly that...a myth.

For Texas Top 8 teams, The first three rounds of the Texas playoffs are normally vs. roadkill opponents, which are normally rated  #200 + nationally.  Not a good look when we peel back the curtain. 

Playing a Top OOS team either results in a Texas loss, or sucks so much focus, that the result is a stubbed toe loss in a subsequent week.  No stamina. Sad. 

Texas HS football as has been losing prestige at a shocking rate over the past 5 years.  They hit rock bottom in 2017, with arguably no teams in the National Top 5, and in some polls, only 1 team in the Top 20.

The elite level (tier) has passed Texas by.  It is truly shocking considering that Texas as a whole, still plays the best HS football....but maybe not for long either, as Texas second tier teams have not fared well as conventional wisdom would hold vs. Calif and others second tier teams in recent years. 

Texas elite's more than any other, state Top 3 need to hit the OOS road quickly or risk becoming HS football paper tigers. 

Even sadder is that Texas fan is completely fine with conceding the National stage.  Actual quote - (500 times over) " I'd rather watch my team play Something Something Junction than any Top OOS team." 

You got it completely backwards. Because Texas High School Football so good the rest of the countries had to go to one or two super star teams to be relevant.

Thats comical that you're hoping someone will buy what you're selling.

Texas is by far the king of high school football.

That's one reason we don't even know who our best is.

We just know that over 90% of the Super Truck team would be beat by our champion too.

It feels good to be an estate that's King.

We're not King of college football because most of our athletes leave the state and then get split around between two many schools.

But football nobody even comes close.

It's like us racing our cars you get your ass beat every time so finally you put nitrous on yours and tell me I can't put it on mine and then we tie. Lol

• Confused 1

On 11/24/2019 at 3:33 PM, SeaShells21 said:

A Maryland team Eastern Christian Academy tried what St John’s attenpted to in 2014.

#1 St. Peter’s Prep 41 - ECA 14

#1 St. Edwards 35 - ECA 6

#1 DeMatha 47 - ECA 26

(6-5) Coppell (Tx) 42 - ECA 2

(10-2) DeSoto (Tx) 54 - ECA 34

(12-2) Euless Trinity (Tx) 41 - ECA 32

Three number 1’s in their respective state vs. 1st round exit, 2nd round exit, and 4th round exit.

Okay, maybe ECA is a bad team:

A better example;
🏆= State Champion; #1 = Top State ranked 

#1 🏆 Arkansas: Shiloh Christian 26 - Euless Trinity 80 

#1 🏆 Texas: Pearland 28 -

Euless Trinity 24

————————————————————————

#1 🏆 Alaska: South ✔️ Stephenville 
#1 🏆 Arkansas: Bentonville 13 - Euless Trinity 21

#3 Texas: DeSoto 61 - Euless Trinity 35

————————————————————————

#1 🏆 Miami Northwestern (15-0) 29

Southlake Carroll (11-2) 21

#7 Texas: Rockwall (10-2) 42 

Southlake Carroll (11-2) 49

————————————————————————
#1 🏆 St Thomas Aquinas (15-0) 29

Plant (12-3) 7

#24 Texas: Abilene (9-4) 27

Plant (12-3) 17

————————————————————————

#1 IMG (9-0) 47 - DeSoto (6-6) 29

Martin Tx. (10-3) 46 - DeSoto (6-6) 26

S.G. Prairie Tx. (7-5) 28 - Martin (10-3) 21

————————————————————————

#3 🏆 St Thomas Aquinas (13-1) 45

Viera 10

#3 Texas: Allen (14-1) 56 -

Viera 20

#4 Texas: Westlake 23 - Allen 17

#7🏆 Texas: North Shore 21 - Westlake (15-1) 14

#2 Texas: Lake Travis (15-1) 35 - Westlake 14

#1 Texas: Katy (16-0) 34 - Lake Travis 7

Good post and that don't even include all the under ranked teams from Texas that kicked other states Champions ass.😉

Edited by Powerball
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/2015-katy-championship-greatest-all-time-texas/

Elite High School football is thriving, Texas is being left behind.

2015 Katy voted best Texas team ever.  OOS wins = zero. 

Unanimous MNC = zero

Coincidence?  I think not. 

The myth that Texas teams don't need to play OOS because their playoffs are so tough  is exactly that...a myth.

For Texas Top 8 teams, The first three rounds of the Texas playoffs are normally vs. roadkill opponents, which are normally rated  #200 + nationally.  Not a good look when we peel back the curtain. 

Playing a Top OOS team either results in a Texas loss, or sucks so much focus, that the result is a stubbed toe loss in a subsequent week.  No stamina. Sad. 

Texas HS football as has been losing prestige at a shocking rate over the past 5 years.  They hit rock bottom in 2017, with arguably no teams in the National Top 5, and in some polls, only 1 team in the Top 20.

The elite level (tier) has passed Texas by.  It is truly shocking considering that Texas as a whole, still plays the best HS football....but maybe not for long either, as Texas second tier teams have not fared well as conventional wisdom would hold vs. Calif and others second tier teams in recent years. 

Texas elite's more than any other, state Top 3 need to hit the OOS road quickly or risk becoming HS football paper tigers. 

Even sadder is that Texas fan is completely fine with conceding the National stage.  Actual quote - (500 times over) " I'd rather watch my team play Something Something Junction than any Top OOS team." 

You've got to be one of the only ones on here that believes that the opinion hell is real . 😀

Look what you went dead now nobody can take you serious  !

That was a clown statement if I've ever seen one .

California only has one great team it's recruited up like nobody's business LMAO.

People that are from weaker States will do anything to try to spin reality👍

• Confused 1

Can you only imagine if Texas and the other biggest football state lined up 10 for 10.

The only chance California would have is on the first one with MD and they might go  0-10.

I'm still not convinced MD would beat our big champ but this year I'll concur the MD has a great recruited team.

Hey let's not kid ourselves here Texas would kick the living shit out of California on 10 for 10.

Easily even with them playing by a different set of rules and recruiting.

• Haha 1

Don't get me wrong I love great teams from all over the country who enjoy watching them.

But when some knucklehead comes on here from an inferior state just because they have got one prep but they're somehow it right football state.

And then they go on  to pretend Texas is not good but not many of us are having that.

I'll say it again if any state in the country were playing by Texas rules they would really be a nothingburger.

I'm Blown Away by how good Texas is for not recruiting.

The depth of the teams are unbelievable.

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Here is another silly Poll:  Prepnation from 11/17/2019.  I am sure they will be replacing LV with another Texas School soon.  Again all Privates except Texas.  2 of the Top 5.   Where are we being passed by Elite teams:? 🤘 

What silly poll will reflect this sentiment and show us?

NATIONAL TOP 25
1. Mater Dei HS (Santa Ana, Calif.), 11-0
2. Katy HS (Texas), 11-0
3. St. Frances Academy (Baltimore), 10-1
4. St. John Bosco HS (Bellflower, Calif.), 10-1
5. Duncanville HS (Texas), 11-0
6. Lakeland HS (Fla.), 12-0
7. St. Thomas Aquinas HS (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), 11-0
8. Lowndes HS (Valdosta, Ga.), 11-0
9. IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.), 9-1
10. St. Louis HS (Honolulu), 10-0
11. North Shore HS (Houston), 10-1
12. De La Salle HS (Concord, Calif.), 10-1
13. Mentor HS (Ohio), 12-0
14. Corner Canyon HS (Draper, Utah), 13-0
15. Chandler HS (Ariz.), 11-0
16. McEachern HS (Powder Springs, Ga.), 11-0
17. St. Edward HS (Lakewood, Ohio), 11-1
18. Bishop Gorman HS (Las Vegas), 11-1
19. Longview HS (Texas), 11-0
20. Archbishop Rummel HS (Metairie, La.), 10-0
21. Carroll HS (Southlake, Texas), 11-0
22. De Smet Jesuit HS (Creve Coeur, Mo.), 12-0
23. Cherry Creek HS (Greenwood Village, Colo.), 11-0
24. Male HS (Louisville, Ky.), 12-0
25. Dutch Fork HS (Irmo, S.C.), 11-0-1

You forgot the highlight #21 Southlake Carroll.

8 hours ago, The Guru said:

Katy at #2 is one of the most laughable rankings I've ever.

We also have the scoreboard on Longview now so we kn ow that their #19 ranking was ludicrous as well.

Only clowns like you would try to support your stance by using people's opinions.

Yall  aint got anybody that'll beat them.

4 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I believe I have close to the entire list of Texas beating other states State champions. 

As well as the teams they lost to once they continued on through Texas.

A lot of Texas schools have schools have beaten Washington  California Oklahoma Arkansas and Louisiana and New Mexico state champions.

And also tons of states that their teams were defending state champs.

Edited by Powerball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

A lot of Texas schools have text schools have beaten Washington  California Oklahoma Arkansas and Louisiana and New Mexico state champions.

And also tons of states that their teams were defending state champs.

Texas has beat state champs in 

Louisiana roughly 11 times

Arkansas multiple times

Oklahoma

New Mexico

Florida

California

Ohio - long long time ago

Utah 

washington

alabama

mississippi 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Powerball said:

Don't get me wrong I love great teams from all over the country who enjoy watching them.

But when some knucklehead comes on here from an inferior state just because they have got one prep but they're somehow it right football state.

And then they go on  to pretend Texas is not good but not many of us are having that.

I'll say it again if any state in the country were playing by Texas rules they would really be a nothingburger.

I'm Blown Away by how good Texas is for not recruiting.

The depth of the teams are unbelievable.

You should stop while you’re a head. Posting back to back shows insecurity. 

You have no proof or any work to back you up to say any team in Texas would beat MD. SJB and SFA are better than any team DV has played or will ever play. At this point STA and St Louis has better resume than DV. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kalven said:

You have no proof or any work to back you up to say any team in Texas would beat MD. SJB and SFA are better than any team DV has played or will ever play. At this point STA and St Louis has better resume than DV. 

Insecure really I think we all know who the lightweight is.

You're the one that don't have proof of what you say.

Just from the fact that you're trying to use the whole nation against Texas as your case tells us you're envious of Texas.

10 hours ago, Kalven said:

What proof is there to say any of those teams beat DV?  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kalven said:

I have watched enough MD football to know this.

DV would be handful for MD.

MD defense can be exploited ( This is the weakness of the team ) 

DV defense is extremely good - Elite Speed!

Both teams have excellent offensives capable of beating you several different ways.

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The same proof that DV would beat Corona Del Mar

You guys are going to always over value your teams and under value ours.

DV would be handful for MD and you can take that too the bank my man!

MD is really good -  They do have some weaknesses especially on the defense.

The offense is really good and so is the DV defense.  On the flip side the DV offense is really good too!

52 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I have watched enough MD football to know this.

DV would be handful for MD.

MD defense can be exploited ( This is the weakness of the team ) 

DV defense is extremely good - Elite Speed!

Both teams have excellent offensives capable of beating you several different ways.

The difference is one team look elite against elite competitions.

• Like 1