Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

CC had big strong kids too.  

i don’t have agenda - sorry my opinion leads you to believe this.  

In 2013 SJB beat CC by 21 - then only beat DLS by 7

In the next 2 years CC beat SJB -  Then DLS beat CC by more than CC beat SJB

no agenda just my opinion -  no need to get ugly about it.

In 2013 CC scored 49 points on SJB

DLS scored 13

CC aside from this year has always lit up SJB

SJB dominated the 2013 game.  Anyone who watched that game and thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.  Multiple TDs called back

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

In 2013 CC scored 49 points on SJB

DLS scored 13

CC aside from this year has always lit up SJB

SJB dominated the 2013 game.  Anyone who watched that game and thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.  Multiple TDs called back

SJB scored 70 on CC and only 20 on DLS 

i am not disagreeing SJB had the better team that year.

The bottom line every time DLS stepped on the field with CC or SJB it looked like complete mismatch when looking at the teams on the hoof.

I am going to You this for about 6th time...The Trinity team that played DLS would not be considered big as compared to others they had prior.

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

SJB scored 70 on CC and only 20 on DLS 

i am not disagreeing SJB had the better team that year.

The bottom line every time DLS stepped on the field with CC or SJB it looked like complete mismatch when looking at the teams on the hoof.

I am going to You this for about 6th time...The Trinity team that played DLS would not be considered big as compared to others they had prior.

Once again,  DLS would've had a tough go any year against SJB trying to move the ball because of how SJB is built. 

Did you watch the DLS-SJB 2013 game? That wasn't two evenly matched teams

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

They were down 42-17 midway through the 3rd to.

2015 SJB was as good imo as 2013 SJB. They just ran into CC who up to this year thru haven't stopped

Kinda switching subjects -  Did you watch the Denton Guyer vs Cedar Hill game 

Guyer was down 41-14 in the 3rd Qrt.

Guyer scored to make it 41-21 Then onside kicked and got it. Then scored again to make it 41-28 - this time they onside kick and could have easily recovered - after couple of 1st downs Guyer finally gets stop.  Guyer drives down gets another score to make it 41-35 onside kick for 3rd time and recovers - goes down and scores 42-41 Guyer at this point - so hell they onside kick and recover for third time.

they took 3 possessions from CH that poor defense was worn out.

CH was looking incredible on both sides of the ball - Their QB is legit.

The Guyer QB is kinda freakish himself - 6’3 or better with wheels - 7’ High jumper as sophomore last track season

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Kinda switching subjects -  Did you watch the Denton Guyer vs Cedar Hill game 

Guyer was down 41-14 in the 3rd Qrt.

Guyer scored to make it 41-21 Then onside kicked and got it. Then scored again to make it 41-28 - this time they onside kick and could have easily recovered - after couple of 1st downs Guyer finally gets stop.  Guyer drives down gets another score to make it 41-35 onside kick for 3rd time and recovers - goes down and scores 42-41 Guyer at this point - so hell they onside kick and recover for third time.

they took 3 possessions from CH that poor defense was worn out.

CH was looking incredible on both sides of the ball - Their QB is legit.

The Guyer QB is kinda freakish himself - 6’3 or better with wheels - 7’ High jumper as sophomore last track season

Yea that wasn't how DLS-SJB turned out.

DLS has been outgained by 400 yards in two games vs SJB

We can debate till we’re blue in the face who’s better this year; MD/Bosco vs. TX 6A contenders..but the conversation is moot (ain’t gonna happen).

And on a personal note, thank your lucky star Texas you didn’t have to play Mater Dei and Bryce Young (would love to hear how any TX team has the ‘right scheme’ AND personnel to stop him). 

That aside and fact BY is gone next year, I for one would love to see MD play the best Texas Offensive team the great state has to offer next year. Because, if think MD offense is loaded this year, their Defense will be WORLD BREAKER HULK next year (legit). 

1. What TX team is projected to have the best offense next year?
2. Is there any remote possibility TX will schedule MD/Bosco?    
3. (Optional) What TX team do you think could contain BY this year (how/scheme and who/personnel)?

6 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

We can debate till we’re blue in the face who’s better this year; MD/Bosco vs. TX 6A contenders..but the conversation is moot (ain’t gonna happen). And on a personal note, thank your lucky stars you didn’t have to play Bryce Young (would love to hear how any TX team has the ‘right scheme’ AND personnel to stop him). 

That aside and fact BY is gone next year, I for one would love to see MD play the best Texas Offensive team the great state has to offer next year. Because, if think MD offense is loaded this year, their Defense will be WORLD BREAKER HULK next year (legit). 

1. What TX team is projected to have the best offense next year?
2. Is there any remote possibility TX will schedule MD/Bosco?    
3. (Optional) What TX team could contain BY (how/scheme and who/personnel)?

You Cali guys hype players, teams a lot, as if they are second to none.  We’ll see what BY does in college. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

You Cali guys hype players, teams a lot.  As if they are second to none.  We’ll see what BY does in college. 

Like I said a weeks ago, they are just like the bosco guys a few yrs ago. Screaming how great they are. Look at their posts. Most just started posting this yr or last when SoCal became relevant. 

The ONLy CA guys who have been here a while are the DLS guys. The others will be gone once this run is over. Just like most of the Bosco guys. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Like I said a weeks ago, they are just like the bosco guys a few yrs ago. Screaming how great they are. Look at their posts. Most just started posting this yr or last when SoCal became relevant. 

The ONLy CA guys who have been here a while are the DLS guys. The others will be gone once this run is over. Just like most of the Bosco guys. 

Hmmm...you know, that’s exactly what I’d say if I was scared and perhaps insecure. Attack the poster not the content when you feel vulnerable.

Go offline and climb back in that bubble or smoke more of that reefer, THC_whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Well Einstein,  if you live in TX and follow its FB you would already know what teams are projected to bring back explosive offenses. 🤡 

I do know (there’s two in 5a and one in 4a off the top of my head). The point is who do YOU think could do it and how/why? I can’t argue both sides, but I can relate to yours.

Listen, I know it’s hard having to justify yourself and much easier to just stay at home in your bubble. If you don’t want me here, don’t comment on MD and I won’t respond. 

2 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

I do know (there’s two in 5a and one in 4a off the top of my head). The point is who do YOU think could do it and how/why? I can’t argue both sides, but I can relate to yours.

Listen, I know it’s hard having to justify yourself and much easier to just stay at home in your bubble. If you don’t want me here, don’t comment on MD and I won’t respond. 

You’re the type THC was referring to.  I’ve been on these site for years.  I’ve seen fanbases come and go. MD will be no different once this run is over.  

You made a statement about BY, acting as if he’s the baddest thing since sliced bread,  his stellar abilities should translate then to CFB.  We’ll see what he does then. 

The other stuff is empty rhetoric, as it doesn’t appear TX will be scheduling any teams from Cali.   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You’re the type THC was referring to.  I’ve been on these site for years.  I’ve seen fanbases come and go. MD will be no different once this run is over.  

You made a statement about BY, acting as if he’s the baddest thing since sliced bread,  his stellar abilities should translate then to CFB.  We’ll see what he does then. 

The other stuff is empty rhetoric, as it doesn’t appear TX will be scheduling any teams from Cali.   

Remember DLS in 2015 was among the greatest of their teams and consensus #1 then This happened.   They sent a Tx size 9th grade team and lost to the #12 Team in the State.  A few Years Later SJB is the cream of the crop and STA, FL happened.   Now it's MD and they would just mudstomp and run thru Texas like Sherman thru Atlanta and BY is like no QB Texas has ever seen.  Hell Matt Leinhart (MD QB) and Bush both Cali boys with Heisman's yet one Texas dude ironically with the last name Young made them look like fools again.  Once you beat them it's a bunch of excuses.  Like DLS vs. ET and even the Horns over USC.  We were better and the lost was a fluke.  I hope Texas don't play any of them.  Let us stay in our safe place we have seen this hype here before and just a few short years ago and we left unimpressed.   

Image result for EULESS TRINITY VS. DLS

And STA, FL smashing another one of these best teams ever hype. 

Image result for st john bosco vs st thomas aquinas

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Back to the original question of the thread. YES TEXAS is a has been, WE SUCK nothing to see here. We will stay in our bubble and play each other. 

Should make you all happy now move along and stop demanded we play you. 

Bryce Young is like no QB anyone in Texas has ever seen on the HS Level.  😂 What would our Kids do with just the sight of him taking the field?   MD QB's have proven to be epic failures for the most part after leaving the Cali HS scene.   

Image result for KYLER MURRAY ALLEN HS

• Like 4