Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I will tell you something else -  it’s pretty obvious to knowledgeable people that Cali lacks depth.

you will say I am being biased 

we don’t have many at the level of MD and SJB -  we do have couple though.

I will assure you we have double digit depth when it comes to the likes of the next few teams like DLS, MV or any like them.

Anybody with knowledge knows that I am only stating the obvious when I talk the depth of Texas High School Football.

Take time to watch some games in Texas this week.

highland Park vs Lone Star

Arlington Martin vs Duncanville 

are both on the NHFS this Friday.

probably some others too.

SJB and MD would whoop every Texas team I've watched this year and last year from Texas not named Duncanville and 2018 Northshore. 

Mission Viejo

Servite

CC

Would do just fine against any team in Texas not named Duncanville that I've watched this year.  Which includes Northshore and Katy. Saying anything else is hogwash

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

SJB and MD would whoop every Texas team I've watched this year and last year from Texas not named Duncanville and 2018 Northshore. 

Mission Viejo

Servite

CC

Would do just fine against any team in Texas not named Duncanville that I've watched this year.  Which includes Northshore and Katy. Saying anything else is hogwash

That is comical 

Servite, MV, CC would get rolled and smoked quickly but North Shore.

You best sic SJB on North Shore.

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Yeah, but MD did that in California too

So did DLS for 30 years and they are still doing that to NorCal.  That proves they are better than Cali. I am a Mater Dei Fan but this B.S. about them being untouchable in HS Football is silly.   That's just silly opinions.  I know this is Cliche but in 2015 DLS was to have some super team and came in ranked #1 IN THE NATION and had brutally raped Cali for 2 consecutive years.  We Remember the same damn Rhetoric.  They would take a Knee against E.T. etc.  Hell Trinity was ranked 12th in Texas coming into that game.    Just 4 years ago the same B.S. was being pedaled. 

We've heard it before from all the foreign Experts.  🤣   

Image result for TRINITY VS. DLS

This is what Texas means to the Nation.  No on in TEXAS felt the same about this damn game. 😎It was held in Mansfield not at some special stadium that is reserved for big time Texas Football.  

The defending CIF Open Division state champion Spartans, who it’s no secret will be the No. 1 team in the Cal-Hi Sports preseason state rankings, are facing Texas powerhouse Trinity High of Euless, Texas, on August 28 in a nationally televised matchup. It’s the biggest California vs. Texas game ever, but is it the most anticipated showdown coming into a season that they’ve ever been in?

They rated this the 3rd most important game in their History.    Excuse us TEXANS for not believing what you are bloviating. 

https://www.calhisports.com/2015/08/12/top-10-de-la-salle-showdowns/

After winning last year’s CIF Open Division title with a 63-42 victory over Centennial of Corona and with a starting lineup of primarily juniors, the question about this year’s football team at De La Salle of Concord wasn’t whether it would start out No. 1 in California or even No. 1 in the nation but whether it might be one of the best or the best in the legendary program’s history.

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

So did DLS for 30 years and they are still doing that to NorCal.  That proves they are better than Cali. I am a Mater Dei Fan but this B.S. about them being untouchable in HS Football is silly.   That's just silly opinions.  I know this is Cliche but in 2015 DLS was to have some super team and came in ranked #1 IN THE NATION and had brutally raped Cali for 2 consecutive years.  We Remember the same damn Rhetoric.  They would take a Knee against E.T. etc.  Hell Trinity was ranked 12th in Texas coming into that game.    Just 4 years ago the same B.S. was being pedaled. 

We've heard it before from all the foreign Experts.  🤣   

Image result for TRINITY VS. DLS

They never played SJB in that timeframe

The team that's a nightmare match up for them.  

CC is to DLS like Manvel was to Katy those years. A terrible match up

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Same Rhetoric from 4 years ago.  I go off of reality not conjecture and opinions.  Go dig up the threads on that game before it happened.  The best DLS team in decades.  Rival their all time teams and they mudstomped Cali for 2yrs 2014 - 2015.  I don't buy opinions.  No one knows what would happen between DV and MD.  It's just a bunch of chest pumping and my daddy can beat your daddy.   I was about the only Texan with the NADS to back ET and bet Sammy and shut up that damn noise.  

I said when that game was played I was there that 10 teams in Texas could beat them both and even fellow Texans were  no way because they were geked on the Win.   It's freaking HS Football.  Someone from Cali claimed in Wk2 that DV is 21 pts better than everyone in Texas.  That's silly.  None of you OOS people could name 5 kids on DV's roster without looking them up.  

I tell you this no one in the Nation is faster or any more talented and I feel the same about Mater Dei.  But I damn sure will not be declaring they are untouchable.    The same B.S. was promulgated about DLS and Cali can't back off of that and if they were what they were professed to be NO TEAM IN TEXAS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MATCHUP PROBLEM FOR THEM.  Speed kills E.T. in Texas and would do the same to DLS that year.  Hell N.S. won the lessor Championship that year and got beat like 3 times.  Meanwhile DLS destroyed Cali.  Those are facts.  Now I will let the imaginations run wild.  While I watch DV vs. Martin in a real game in a real stadium on Friday. 

Just like I said we would find out about the Lobos because that district sucked and we did find out.    Same with DV that district is not great either but they did mudstomp a so called National team that I saw with my own eyes and the final score is misleading they were on the 3 about to punch another in before all hell broke loose and 2 personal fouls pushed them back 30 yds.   And the Trinity League ain't that damn great either truth be told. 

17 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Would 2016 Mater Dei beat both Texas 6A state champs that year?

Come on MAN!!!!!!  

Don't you know that every California State Title team would beat every Texas 6A/5A STate Champ..

Except for that one year the California State Champs (De La Salle) lost to None TX Champ Euless Trinity.

But all those other years.... "COME ON MAN!!!"     You know those TEXAS teams aint beating those Cali teams.😉

Allen's,  Southlake's, Trinity's, Katy's,  North Shore's to name others.

PS..   Please take note of the Sarcasm!😎

31 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Manvel is still running into those same match up problems in Tx 5A 🤣

Seems they were very competitive in 3 of the 5 games. Not so with Manvel vs. Katy

DLS   4-1   all time vs. CC
12/19/2015 28-21 (W) +7 the same year they lost to ET.  Manvel never been within a TD
12/20/2014 63-42 (W) +21
12/15/2012 48-28 (W) +20
12/19/2008 21-16 (L)   -5
12/15/2007 37-31 (W) +6  Not really close to the Manvel vs. Katy Games. 

Katy 3-0 vs. Manvel

12/4/2015 35-17 (W) +18
12/5/2014 45-17 (W) +28
12/6/2013 56-14 (W) +42

29 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Same Rhetoric from 4 years ago.  I go off of reality not conjecture and opinions.  Go dig up the threads on that game before it happened.  The best DLS team in decades.  Rival their all time teams and they mudstomped Cali for 2yrs 2014 - 2015.  I don't buy opinions.  No one knows what would happen between DV and MD.  It's just a bunch of chest pumping and my daddy can beat your daddy.   I was about the only Texan with the NADS to back ET and bet Sammy and shut up that damn noise. . 

Texasball wasn't brave going into that game. Your other buddy Kermit wouldn't visit any site till after the game either

I on the other hand said it would be a 4 quarter battle because Trinity is set up for a DLS type team. You can dig that up

12 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Texasball wasn't brave going into that game. 

I on the other hand said it would be a 4 quarter battle because Trinity is set up for a DLS type team. You can dig that up

I was one of the few Texans that picked them to win.  That is the truth.  I remember many backtracking on that game.  I don't remember @Texasball take on that game before hand.  I just remember Sammy and his disrespect of Texas.   I have mad respect for DLS.  But I know smashing into ET over and over is not smart.  I watched them vs. J.C. who was big and physical do the same.   DLS has a ton of heart and those kids are disciplined as hell. All B.S. aside everyone that likes HS football should go see the DLS and ET's of the world.  Those are great teams and the sportsmanship was quite Special and I got to see MJD on the sideline.  I was speaking to the fact they were being declared as unbeatable etc.  before that game and that is true the same rhetoric about MD and SJB.  I don't think DV is invincible hell I am not sure they are the best team in the DFW. Martin and SLC will have say so in that as possibly Rockwall too. 

26 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I was one of the few Texans that picked them to win.  That is the truth.  I remember many backtracking on that game.  I don't remember @Texasball take on that game before hand.  I just remember Sammy and his disrespect of Texas.   I have mad respect for DLS.  But I know smashing into ET over and over is not smart.  I watched them vs. J.C. who was big and physical do the same.   DLS has a ton of heart and those kids are disciplined as hell. All B.S. aside everyone that likes HS football should go see the DLS and ET's of the world.  Those are great teams and the sportsmanship was quite Special and I got to see MJD on the sideline.  I was speaking to the fact they were being declared as unbeatable etc.  before that game and that is true the same rhetoric about MD and SJB.  I don't think DV is invincible hell I am not sure they are the best team in the DFW. Martin and SLC will have say so in that as possibly Rockwall too. 

By sammy, that's it. 

I thought SJB would beat them if they played every year from 2013-Present(2014 being the toughest game for SJB imo)

45 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Come on MAN!!!!!!  

Don't you know that every California State Title team would beat every Texas 6A/5A STate Champ..

Except for that one year the California State Champs (De La Salle) lost to None TX Champ Euless Trinity.

But all those other years.... "COME ON MAN!!!"     You know those TEXAS teams aint beating those Cali teams.😉

Allen's,  Southlake's, Trinity's, Katy's,  North Shore's to name others.

PS..   Please take note of the Sarcasm!😎

Euless Trinity was lucky. The field was wet,  there was a lightning delay, Euless Trinity did some crazy ritual dance that put a curse on De La Salle’s team and made them keep fumbling.

It was a mess.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

By sammy, that's it. 

I thought SJB would beat them if they played every year from 2013-Present(2014 being the toughest game for SJB imo)

I would have taken DLS in 2014 and 2015 vs SJB

At the end of the day you selling SJB to beat DLS even though CC beat SJB both of those years and DLS beat CC by 27 combined both years.  I am not buying the match up deal on this.  SJB nor CC played high level defense in those days and is the only reason CC wasn’t able to beat DLS.

I was worried about DLS and that veer offense - knowing Trinity probably hadn’t seen it in many years.  Always had respect for the OL play at DLS and still do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I would have taken DLS in 2014 and 2015 vs SJB

At the end of the day you selling SJB to beat DLS even though CC beat SJB both of those years and DLS beat CC by 27 combined both years.  I am not buying the match up deal on this.  SJB nor CC played high level defense in those days and is the only reason CC wasn’t able to beat DLS.

I was worried about DLS and that veer offense - knowing Trinity probably hadn’t seen it in many years.  Always had respect for the OL play at DLS and still do.

SJB was built upfront to stop DLS and their box offense.

CC spreads the field, forces defenses to play in space. A much different philosophy. 

You're not buying the match up deal cause you have an agenda that's why

• Like 1

Just now, steeler01 said:

SJB was built upfront to stop DLS and their box offense.

CC spreads the field, forces defenses to play in space. A much different philosophy. 

You're not buying the match up deal cause you have an agenda that's why

CC had big strong kids too.  

i don’t have agenda - sorry my opinion leads you to believe this.  

In 2013 SJB beat CC by 21 - then only beat DLS by 7

In the next 2 years CC beat SJB -  Then DLS beat CC by more than CC beat SJB

no agenda just my opinion -  no need to get ugly about it.