2018 State trending

Sammyswordsman

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You can count all the games you eant and change the topic again while youre at it... 

Not a topic change 

I specifically said “except for schools down the road” and you promptly retort with attitude about 3 FL/ GA games

immsaying youneither erred or changes the rules and if you’re changing the rules, I have you DLS under your rules 

btw, winning 50% of state titles (and being runner up the other 50%) with their lesser teams ought to be proof enough that DLS winning 18 of last 25 GA championships 

24 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And quit being stupid... 

GA isnt norcal we have our own identity and FL has its own identity. Norcal is far different but you know whats different? Norcal and socal are in the same state... 

I realize they’re in same state but The only other distinction is a border between FL and GA — overall population; FL/ socal; GA/ NorCal all about the same 

if we’re going to get esoteric about “OOS”, I’m going to level the discussion to practical purposes 

we could also just distinguish between top teams but GA as a state couldn’t compete with DLS much less CA 

your power programs all hide or act all SEC and invite ISB in for the slaughter like Bama playing the Citadel 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

I realize they’re in same state but The only other distinction is a border between FL and GA — overall population; FL/ socal; GA/ NorCal all about the same 

if we’re going to get esoteric about “OOS”, I’m going to level the discussion to practical purposes 

we could also just distinguish between top teams but GA as a state couldn’t compete with DLS much less CA 

your power programs all hide or act all SEC and invite ISB in for the slaughter like Bama playing the Citadel 

Tell DLS to come on out... 

Im sure coach alumbaugh has some connections... 

29 minutes ago, Pops said:

Not a topic change 

I specifically said “except for schools down the road” and you promptly retort with attitude about 3 FL/ GA games

immsaying youneither erred or changes the rules and if you’re changing the rules, I have you DLS under your rules 

btw, winning 50% of state titles (and being runner up the other 50%) with their lesser teams ought to be proof enough that DLS winning 18 of last 25 GA championships 

Except DLS wouldnt win 18 of 25 and how the hell did you get 18 as 50% of 25... your math is terrible... 

And or how the hell did you figure DLS wins 7 of 14 and then equate that to 18 of 25... 

Its mathematician pops not math magician... and you really need to redo yours.... 

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Tell DLS to come on out... 

Im sure coach alumbaugh has some connections... 

THE gunslinger didn’t go to every cowtown looking for a fight 

Give Propst DLS # 

AD Leo Lopoz

925-288-8100

at least get on the wait list — you can always bow out later after telling people you called

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Except DLS wouldnt win 18 of 25 and how the hell did you get 18 as 50% of 25... your math is terrible... 

And or how the hell did you figure DLS wins 7 of 14 and then equate that to 18 of 25... 

Its mathematician pops not math magician... and you really need to redo yours.... 

The only reason my math is bad is your reading comprehension is worse

50% of championships in CA ought to be AT LEAST 75% in GA (which is closer to 19, but I’m being conservative) 

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

1. The chandler game was a bad matchup for Valdosta because of style of play.

2. IMG? I mean, shit.... you watched the game. We all know that one play that was ran repeatedly is what sealed that deal. Wore that 3 man front down (if you gonna have a 3 man front, they HAVE to be space eaters and grayson didn't have that). But everyone saw how that game was going. 

1. Yes, one team was good one wasn't. Horrible style matchup.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

THE gunslinger didn’t go to every cowtown looking for a fight 

Give Propst DLS # 

AD Leo Lopoz

925-288-8100

at least get on the wait list — you can always bow out later after telling people you called

1. Im not in Colquitt its 4 hours the other way... 

2. I'll gladly redirect you to the Packer website though or you can do like everyone else and google it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

The only reason my math is bad is your reading comprehension is worse

50% of championships in CA ought to be AT LEAST 75% in GA (which is closer to 19, but I’m being conservative) 

Then you got it even worse... maybe you should go back to DLS... 

Yall havent even had a state title for 20 years yet.... apparently the CIF wasnt capable of making a functional system before 2006... 

So tell me how can you win what was never there...?

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

We play alot of OOS elite teams, usually on the road in weeks 1-3, and close losses can be redeemed as the season goes on, which both DLS and SJB did.  This is the context that should be mentioned but never is by posters with dishonest intentions.

That's all I'm trying to say, but I'm crazy for thinking that way.......

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

So, you just cherry pick the ones that suit the agenda you are pushing?

All while your boys at Colquitt take the huge chance of playing a bush league team from Missouri and calling the schedule "not that bad."

You continue to push your agenda, while throwing stones at great programs for doing things your schools won't do.

So my question is this- Why are you pushing this agenda so hard?

Unlike DLS, Colquitt actually schedules multiple teams within the Ga Top 10 during the regular season.

DLS plays one CA Top 10 team in the final game of the year. And as we know, the current trend has them getting their ass kicked in that one game.

I hate Block and Folsom by his association, but honestly they are probably going to kick Sparty's ass this year.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Unlike DLS, Colquitt actually schedules multiple teams within the Ga Top 10 during the regular season.

DLS plays one CA Top 10 team in the final game of the year. And as we know, the current trend has them getting their ass kicked in that one game.

I hate Block and Folsom by his association, but honestly they are probably going to kick Sparty's ass this year.

DLS plays Folsom week 0. Top 5 team in Ca and nationally. 

Name a better more agressive week 0 game in the state of GA. I will wait. 

8 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Colquit is a joke. They had to fight there asses off for 4 qts for a 19 point win. Against a average Cali team with a soph QB playing his first varsity game on the other side of the country. 

Back a couple years ago Echs kept repeating how Ga would prove there superiority over Cali when both Grayson and Cent10 played Img the same season.  That turned out to be a joke just like all the other Ga nonsense he spews

5 hours ago, Ararar said:

He makes excuses why his precious GA got boat raced.One couldn’t stop a one play team and the other didn’t belong on the field with Chandler.We have eyes we don’t need a GA homer excuses 

They were a 1 play team because nothing else was working. They had 10 points around the end of the 3rd... How often has that happened to IMG... This is the glass half full/empty thing. You say they couldnt stop 1 play... But they actually stopped EVERY other play so IMG had no choice but to use the QB drae every single play.

This was also a calculated move by IMG, as Graysons 4* ILB was suspended for the IMG game... And if you look, youll see Breon Dixon was perhaps the best player on their defense the rest of the season... He signed with Ole Miss & is now at Nebraska. https://247sports.com/player/breon-dixon-56875

While nothing else IMG tried was working... IMG realized Grayson was playing the 3-4 with some smaller guys sub'd in at DE for speed purposes... This combined with Breon Dixon being out... Led to IMG using their huge OL and QB (Kellen Mond was a beast QB) to wear down Graysons D 3-5 yards at a time. 

=====

To say Valdosta didnt belong on the field with Chandler is foolish... They were winning the damn game with 5 minutes left until halftime , and began to fumble the ball over and over. Chandler should 29 of their 44 points off of turnovers inside Valdostas own territory....  And after seeing how Chandler (a Chandler team NOT as good as the 1 Valdosta played) just dismantled FL 6A State Champ Miami Northwestern... One would think youd understand that Valdosta was actually pretty good.

Chandler wouldve smoked anyone in NorCal and likely anyone in SoCal outside of Mater Dei.

Californias #2 team lost to a shitty STA team that went to Arizona and got shut out ... Not even by Chandler either...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

They were a 1 play team because nothing else was working. They had 10 points around the end of the 3rd... How often has that happened to IMG... This is the glass half full/empty thing. You say they couldnt stop 1 play... But they actually stopped EVERY other play so IMG had no choice but to use the QB drae every single play.

This was also a calculated move by IMG, as Graysons 4* ILB was suspended for the IMG game... And if you look, youll see Breon Dixon was perhaps the best player on their defense the rest of the season... He signed with Ole Miss & is now at Nebraska. https://247sports.com/player/breon-dixon-56875

While nothing else IMG tried was working... IMG realized Grayson was playing the 3-4 with some smaller guys sub'd in at DE for speed purposes... This combined with Breon Dixon being out... Led to IMG using their huge OL and QB (Kellen Mond was a beast QB) to wear down Graysons D 3-5 yards at a time. 

=====

To say Valdosta didnt belong on the field with Chandler is foolish... They were winning the damn game with 5 minutes left until halftime , and began to fumble the ball over and over. Chandler should 29 of their 44 points off of turnovers inside Valdostas own territory....  And after seeing how Chandler (a Chandler team NOT as good as the 1 Valdosta played) just dismantled FL 6A State Champ Miami Northwestern... One would think youd understand that Valdosta was actually pretty good.

Chandler wouldve smoked anyone in NorCal and likely anyone in SoCal outside of Mater Dei.

Californias #2 team lost to a shitty STA team that went to Arizona and got shut out ... Not even by Chandler either...

Feel better now?

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

We just want fair context.

Calif teams have as good of OOS wins as any other state.

We play alot of OOS elite teams, usually on the road in weeks 1-3, and close losses can be redeemed as the season goes on, which both DLS and SJB did.  This is the context that should be mentioned but never is by posters with dishonest intentions.

DLS is 4-7 OOS in the last 10 years. 

And 112-3 in Cali.

So either California barely has any good teams, or DLS simply never plays them. Either way DLS is the TOP case of a team propped up by beating a lot of no name teams over and over.

SJB lost to STA. And needed a 2 TD comeback to beat St. Johns. Yet SJB pretty much dismantled everyone else in Cali besides Mater Dei.

This is what happens every year. Yet at CP... These overrated SoCal teams are continuously mentioned and ranked with teams far, far better than they are...

Its sickening seeing Orange Lutheran and Oaks Christian in the national Top 10 right now at CP... Preseason or not... Because theres absolutely no rationale for it... NONE. Those teams are overrated AS HELL every single season and its obvious to anyone not in California that can past their nose. OVERRATED being the keyword... Those teams (2nd tier CA,teams) are smashed by CAs best every single season... And then you make excuses for CAs best losing OOS ... 

15 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

=====

Watch your boldfaced wording Echs... I feel a storm brewing.  Lol!   The last sentence especially.  

Just a FYI for the GA sucks club, Calpreps has rated GA 6th in 2015, 5th in 2014 and 4th in 2013 correct Echs?   FL, beware 2018... and when you review FL drop IMG and use FL 51 instead.   It’s ridiculous to include IMG in a state rating pool imo.   National ratings yes and why because of their schedule and this coming year another school has more upper tier talent as example and that school can play for a state title.