2018 State trending

Sammyswordsman

22 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

DLS plays Folsom week 0. Top 5 team in Ca and nationally. 

Name a better more agressive week 0 game in the state of GA. I will wait. 

You missed the point Blockhead. This is the first time DLS has done such, and it will most likely end in defeat for Sparty.

Take some time to process the payment before replying. It may help you out.

23 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

They were a 1 play team because nothing else was working. They had 10 points around the end of the 3rd... How often has that happened to IMG... This is the glass half full/empty thing. You say they couldnt stop 1 play... But they actually stopped EVERY other play so IMG had no choice but to use the QB drae every single play.

This was also a calculated move by IMG, as Graysons 4* ILB was suspended for the IMG game... And if you look, youll see Breon Dixon was perhaps the best player on their defense the rest of the season... He signed with Ole Miss & is now at Nebraska. https://247sports.com/player/breon-dixon-56875

While nothing else IMG tried was working... IMG realized Grayson was playing the 3-4 with some smaller guys sub'd in at DE for speed purposes... This combined with Breon Dixon being out... Led to IMG using their huge OL and QB (Kellen Mond was a beast QB) to wear down Graysons D 3-5 yards at a time. 

=====

To say Valdosta didnt belong on the field with Chandler is foolish... They were winning the damn game with 5 minutes left until halftime , and began to fumble the ball over and over. Chandler should 29 of their 44 points off of turnovers inside Valdostas own territory....  And after seeing how Chandler (a Chandler team NOT as good as the 1 Valdosta played) just dismantled FL 6A State Champ Miami Northwestern... One would think youd understand that Valdosta was actually pretty good.

Chandler wouldve smoked anyone in NorCal and likely anyone in SoCal outside of Mater Dei.

Californias #2 team lost to a shitty STA team that went to Arizona and got shut out ... Not even by Chandler either...

Homerism rules in GA they didn’t need to run any other play why would they when QB left QB right QB up the middle was unstoppable which any way you look at it is pathetic especially since you blow hard on how great GA defense is.

Chandler was basically practicing for the next year against Valdosta and no matter how much you wish it wasn’t so they were overmatched.

California doesn’t seem to lose to Chandler but the south’s teams get boatraced!! Tell us again how great you are 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Homerism rules in GA they didn’t need to run any other play why would they when QB left QB right QB up the middle was unstoppable which any way you look at it is pathetic especially since you blow hard on how great GA defense is.

Chandler was basically practicing for the next year against Valdosta and no matter how much you wish it wasn’t so they were overmatched.

California doesn’t seem to lose to Chandler but the south’s teams get boatraced!! Tell us again how great you are 😂

Sure, Chandler does have the south's teams number. Good job. BUT..... guess who has the cali's teams number???? The southern teams....a.k.a. the "confederate states." Now let's not go there. 

50 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

DLS is 4-7 OOS in the last 10 years. 

And 112-3 in Cali.

So either California barely has any good teams, or DLS simply never plays them. Either way DLS is the TOP case of a team propped up by beating a lot of no name teams over and over.

SJB lost to STA. And needed a 2 TD comeback to beat St. Johns. Yet SJB pretty much dismantled everyone else in Cali besides Mater Dei.

This is what happens every year. Yet at CP... These overrated SoCal teams are continuously mentioned and ranked with teams far, far better than they are...

Its sickening seeing Orange Lutheran and Oaks Christian in the national Top 10 right now at CP... Preseason or not... Because theres absolutely no rationale for it... NONE. Those teams are overrated AS HELL every single season and its obvious to anyone not in California that can past their nose. OVERRATED being the keyword... Those teams (2nd tier CA,teams) are smashed by CAs best every single season... And then you make excuses for CAs best losing OOS ... 

I agree that the 2nd Tier So Cal teams are overrated in Cal preps.  No question.  I also think that teams that don't play a compelling schedule and go 10-0 are also most likely overrated by ALL the polls.

I like teams that challenge themselves when have good D-1 talent.  John Curtis had good talent but played a schedule which resulted in them punting on first down in order to not humiliate the other team.

At least the So Cal teams play compelling schedules. (as does the 6a Ga teams, BNU, GCL, Arizona top teams, Maryland, The Bishop etc.)

At the end of the day, I will rank a team with good talent that loses to Top Tier teams, ahead of a team with good talent that runs a weak schedule.

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Then you got it even worse... maybe you should go back to DLS... 

Yall havent even had a state title for 20 years yet.... apparently the CIF wasnt capable of making a functional system before 2006... 

So tell me how can you win what was never there...?

Sorry I don’t speak GA

it sounded like you said Ca hasn’t had state titles for 20 years and we’re so dysfunctional as to not have them until 2006 then asked how DLS could win what wasn’t there until 2006

So not sure how to answer 

you were right on my math being off — there have only been 12 years of state playoffs (you were right about the 2006 part) and DLS is 7-5 not 7-7 or about 58%

heck at the same pace with the Streak teams that put more players in nfl than any other school, DLS would have won 14 or 15 in GA.  Considering the variance between GA and socal, 18 is an easy sell 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Unlike DLS, Colquitt actually schedules multiple teams within the Ga Top 10 during the regular season.

1) laughable to compare CQ SOS to DLS

2) twisting criteria to best suit your agenda (defining as playing one’s own state’s top 10) only works because a) It eliminates gap of CQ playing ISB and Vista Murietta vs DLS playing Bishop Gorman and STA and b) ignores the facts that many of the non CA top 10 teams that DLS plays would be GA top 10

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I agree that the 2nd Tier So Cal teams are overrated in Cal preps.  No question.  I also think that teams that don't play a compelling schedule and go 10-0 are also most likely overrated by ALL the polls.

I like teams that challenge themselves when have good D-1 talent.  John Curtis had good talent but played a schedule which resulted in them punting on first down in order to not humiliate the other team.

At least the So Cal teams play compelling schedules. (as does the 6a Ga teams, BNU, GCL, Arizona top teams, Maryland, The Bishop etc.)

At the end of the day, I will rank a team with good talent that loses to Top Tier teams, ahead of a team with good talent that runs a weak schedule.

7a bro, don’t forget 5a Rome, Warner Robins and Buford. 

15FC1733-F2C4-4E87-BEB5-086425BBD839.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pops said:

Sorry I don’t speak GA

it sounded like you said Ca hasn’t had state titles for 20 years and we’re so dysfunctional as to not have them until 2006 then asked how DLS could win what wasn’t there until 2006

So not sure how to answer 

you were right on my math being off — there have only been 12 years of state playoffs (you were right about the 2006 part) and DLS is 7-5 not 7-7 or about 58%

heck at the same pace with the Streak teams that put more players in nfl than any other school, DLS would have won 14 or 15 in GA.  Considering the variance between GA and socal, 18 is an easy sell 

Only in your imagination. 

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I agree that the 2nd Tier So Cal teams are overrated in Cal preps.  No question.  

They definitely are in Calpreps. No one should ever use them as a ranking site. I use them simply because it’s the best site out there that has quick and easy access to every game played. It’s an excellent resource for that. 

Realistically, the top 10 teams in CA, TX, and FL will usually be in the top 100 every year. GA is close to that as well. 

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Here is a Cali "2nd tier team" against Rome in a match up predictor. This is the best thing, outside of mine and your "facts."

Capture.PNG

Oooooooo!!!! You brought out calpreps on me......the most accuarate thing since the Bible. Can't believe it! I guess I'll concede since calpreps is all fact and everybody outside of Cali is wrong. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Oooooooo!!!! You brought out calpreps on me......the most accuarate thing since the Bible. Can't believe it! I guess I'll concede since calpreps is all fact and everybody outside of Cali is wrong. 

GA posters HATE Calpreps, yet haven't come up with anyone on their own, except for more complaints about being slighted on Calpreps.