Top 25 poll

Columbiafan

59 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

(my early vote)

1. IMG Academy (US) — Let's not kid ourselves.
2. Allen (Texas) — Pretty complete team.
3. St. John Bosco (Calif.) — You can flip a coin between 2-4 imo.
4. Mater Dei (Calif.) — See above.
5. St. Frances Academy (Md.) — I love what they're doing right now.
6. Lake Travis (Texas) — Good young talent. Probably won't run the table, but still...
7. St. John's College (Md.) — Think this is the WCAC favorite for now.
8. Chandler (Ariz.) — If the QB stays healthy, like their chances against just about anyone.
9. Bishop Gorman (Nev.) — You can pencil them in for the top 10 about every year now.
10. North Gwinnett (Ga.) — Still has a lot left, but I'm not sold they'll repeat. We'll see.
11. Katy (Texas) — I don't care that they don't play OOS. If you win Texas, you're legit. Period.
12. Cardinal Gibbons (Fla.) — Think this is the year they take over Broward.
13. Colquitt County (Ga.) — Should probably flip them with NG, but whatever.
14. American Heritage (Fla.) — Will take a step back but not enough to fall off completely.
15. Grayson (Ga.) — Offense is a concern, but their front seven is ferocious.
16. Corona Centennial (Calif.) — Their spread execution is as good as Bellevue's Wing-T execution.
17. De La Salle (Calif.) — They still match up well with a lot of teams above them.
18. Hoover (Ala.) — As a community, they "get it" when it comes to consistent success.
19. Colerain (Ohio) — My default Ohio team every year. It's my blind spot, I admit.
20. Bergen Catholic (N.J.) — Won't go undefeated because of their schedule, but the best BNU team.
21. South Pointe (S.C.) — They bring back enough to keep it rolling.
22. Brentwood Academy (Tenn.) — From a coaching and talent standpoint, the clear leader in this state.
23. Lincoln-Way East (Ill.) — Would love to see them play, say, St. Ed's or something.
24. Muskegon (Mich.) — Their new QB is excellent and that offense is a bitch to handle.
25. University Lab (La.) — They try to get too fancy sometimes on offense, but this is a good team.

Hard to keep out these 10 (in alphabetical order):
Archbishop Hoban (Ohio)
Bingham (Utah)
Coatesville (Pa.)
Duncanville (Texas)
Miami Central (Fla.)
Narbonne (Calif.)
North Shore (Galena Park, Texas)
St. Joseph's Prep (Pa.)
St. Louis (Hawaii)
St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.)

While I would change a few ones here and there i have to admit overall it is by far the best I've seen by a wide margin 

This is why i like the rankings on this site, the posters here make better rankings then the one's who get paid for it 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

While I would change a few ones here and there i have to admit overall it is by far the best I've seen by a wide margin 

This is why i like the rankings on this site, the posters here make better rankings then the one's who get paid for it 

The guys on this site, (all bullcrap and trolling each other aside) actually have their finger on the pulse of the HSFB scene year round. 

It's much easier to rank teams when you are in the position to hear the buzz, or know what teams are bringing back without waiting for a report. These guys also see quite a few games and don't really need star ratings to know what type of football acumen players exhibit etc. 

Definite advantage over the normal pollster that looks down a roster listing and compares it to recruiting sites and then looks at cal preps and shuffles. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The guys on this site, (all bullcrap and trolling each other aside) actually have their finger on the pulse of the HSFB scene year round. 

It's much easier to rank teams when you are in the position to hear the buzz, or know what teams are bringing back without waiting for a report. These guys also see quite a few games and don't really need star ratings to know what type of football acumen players exhibit etc. 

Definite advantage over the normal pollster that looks down a roster listing and compares it to recruiting sites and then looks at cal preps and shuffles. 

So ur gonna sit here and tell me Colquitt is the 13th Best  Football team in The Nation 

,  comon now let’s worry about 13th best in Ga.... and then we got posters saying Grayson might not be top 10 in Ga but thier rated #3 in country 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

So ur gonna sit here and tell me Colquitt is the 13th Best  Football team in The Nation 

,  comon now let’s worry about 13th best in Ga.... and then we got posters saying Grayson might not be top 10 in Ga but thier rated #3 in country 

I'd say that's as good a ranking as USAT having something from Oradelle New Jersey in the top 25. 

Let's try to get to the bottom of why you weren't all up on that silly ranking before we worry about this one. 🐴

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd say that's as good a ranking as USAT having something from Oradelle New Jersey in the top 25. 

Let's try to get to the bottom of why you weren't all up on that silly ranking before we worry about this one. 🐴

Well I’m no Mel Kiper Jr but I’ll go fishing.. Exibit A Bergen won a State Championship in the NPG4... lost to The unanimous MNC.. Colquitt lost 4 games and No state Championship but still gets the Nod after losing all American and Qb 

4 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

@Adam Kurkjian please explain colquitt at 13 .. they have lost 10 games in past 2 years... they just lost their all American LB and Starting QB... care to explain how they managed 13 in the nation 

Why are you so bent out of shape over another man's opinion? I mean, did colquitt do something to you? Lol

31 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Well I’m no Mel Kiper Jr but I’ll go fishing.. Exibit A Bergen won a State Championship in the NPG4... lost to The unanimous MNC.. Colquitt lost 4 games and No state Championship but still gets the Nod after losing all American and Qb 

Maybe colquitt is a little too high but compared to the mistakes the other polls have made it isn't something that bothers me

Nothing in this poll is asinine like the other polls out have at some level 

1 minute ago, State Champ said:

I would flip Allen for Lake Travis...If you watch the SC game LT had and has  a young team and could have won ..losing bye 2...They will be coming in with the best QB/WR combo in the state if not the country.....

This will be the fastest team LT has ever fielded. There are some things that need to come together in order for them to make a run (and possibly run through the state to 16-0)

1. The defensive line is replacing three starters. They need to come together and be a strength in order to help beat teams like Allen and Katy. 

2. The defense needs to be far and away better. The defense sucked last year. And only got a hair better each game, and at times it seems they regressed. Bad, bad defense. And they didn’t start playing well until the playoffs. And even after slight improvements, the run defense still broke like a feeble flood gate at critical times. They will not win state with a defense anything like last year. 

3. I am curious to see how good the new receivers are who compliment Wilson, as well as the new running backs. As they need great improvements to defensive play, they also NEED a good and reliable run game. The two things teams need to win games they fell short at last year: defense and running the ball. 

4. I want to see little to no players going both ways. Need more bodies on the sidelines dressed out. Wilson is the exception here. Traditionally, LT rarely plays anyone both ways (until last year). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Colquitt's ceiling this year should be pretty high. They are returning give or take 90% of a team that really came on at the end of the season last year. 

I'm not sure I'd have them top 15, but top 30 isn't a bad starting spot for them with the ceiling they have. Why argue about a few spots here or there? 

They will be playing the same top 25 opponent as something tiny from Oradell will be playing, so daisy chain should be pretty interesting. 

Win/loss last season shouldn't have that much of a bearing on how they start this season either.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

North Gwinnett waaaaay too high, but are champs, thanks to the gift wrap by the Colquitt math department or coaching staff, can't remember.

giphy.gif

Got better things to remember....

Regards,

C.A.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

@Adam Kurkjian please explain colquitt at 13 .. they have lost 10 games in past 2 years... they just lost their all American LB and Starting QB... care to explain how they managed 13 in the nation 

Dude.

Change up the leafy stuff.

I'm serious, I would put Colquitt up against anybody nationwide, ANYBODY.... Bro....

giphy.gif

You need to get your narrow ass down here and take a look.

Open invite.

Regards,

C.A.

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

North Gwinnett waaaaay too high, but are champs, thanks to the gift wrap by the Colquitt math department or coaching staff, can't remember.

giphy.gif

Got better things to remember....

Regards,

C.A.

If not for lack of senior leadership last season, and attention defecit disorder by some coaching staff, Colquitt would have rambled off 5 tough as hell road games against top caliber competition and be defending state champs. 

Doofus is stuck on losses before one amazing playoff run.

I really hope Grayson's coaching has them up to snuff for the BC game, so that these goofy Jersey cats can see the type of team Colquitt plays at least 6 or 7 times per year. It's gotten pretty old listening to them cry about schedule for Colquitt when they have no real idea what the hell they are talking about.

xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If not for lack of senior leadership last season, and attention defecit disorder by some coaching staff, Colquitt would have rambled off 5 tough as hell road games against top caliber competition and be defending state champs. 

Doofus is stuck on losses before one amazing playoff run.

I really hope Grayson's coaching has them up to snuff for the BC game, so that these goofy Jersey cats can see the type of team Colquitt plays at least 6 or 7 times per year. It's gotten pretty old listening to them cry about schedule for Colquitt when they have no real idea what the hell they are talking about.

xD

Copy.

Some of these cats, need to get out and see these games in person.

Better feel for these teams.

Colquitt almost pulled off a legendary feat on the road against some tough teams... almost.

As Rufus said, "it's been real and it's been fun, but was not real fun" after those last 49 seconds expired.

Regards,

C.A.

• Like 1