My Algorithm on Why Folsom is Gonna Get Bullied By the Big Boys of Concord

2 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Why is it that you're the one almost always leading the charge for the truly dense on this topic? It's really not hard to see that there's no connection to playing out of State. It's the level of opponent regardless whether it's OOS or within CA.

DLS has 8 OOS losses since 2004. How many of those 8 weren't top 25/50 in the Nation? How many weren't top 100?

In the same time span since 2004, DLS has 9 losses and 2 ties in CA. 5 of those were in State title games and the other 6 were during the dark days of 2004/05.

Point is, with the notable exception of 2004/05, it has typically taken top Nationally ranked team or a CA State champ to beat them (they also win those games sometimes too).

How you can consistently take that info and spin it into what you do is beyond comical.

If DLS relocated to GA next season, they'd only lose when facing a team capable of winning State -- just like what happens in CA now.

In case you hadn't noticed, DLS is 7-5 in State title games in CA. The 7-8 record against elite OOS means that they are give or take 1 game away from being around .500 for each. Pretty close.

So as demonstrated, crossing the CA border doesn't matter. Their record against teams of their own caliber is around .500 regardless where those teams are located.

Perhaps one day soon you'll wake up to this reality rather than believe the fantasy you keep selling yourself.

BTW, if 2018 Folsom is truly a top 25/50 National team and/or a team capable of winning the CA Open -- they will have a legit chance to beat DLS just like every other team of that same caliber has. If they aren't of that caliber, they'll lose. Just like every other non-elite team has. It won't have anything to do with their school being based in CA.

Cmon, Thunder! It’s gotta be the state lines! What a goof ball!

It’s actually pretty pathetic as to how far his hatred sinks him. Rational? What’s that?! Persobally, I think he’s purposely  being obtuse because he’s on a NATIONAL forum with ZERO skin in the game🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

The only real team they play... Will come from Nevada.. And DLS will add to their sub-.500 record OOS.

@ThunderRam

this is typical of echs misconstruing info to serve his purpose 

“the only real team they will play” 

aka a better team anyone in GA has played this decade except ‘13 BTW and ‘16 IMG and look how that turned out for 2 Ga state champions 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Point is, with the notable exception of 2004/05, it has typically taken top Nationally ranked team or a CA State champ to beat them 

Because there are few, if any, opponents in the middle.

DLS is either playing national OOS games and Bowl Games or they're playing NCS slapdicks.

So they go 250-0 against the NCS slapdicks and 14-13 against the OOS and bowl opponents and their fans brag about the 264-13 record.

16 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I disagree.  Included in that “loss % to elite teams” are games from early in the season and in the CA open bowl.  How is it speculative when the results include both the first and last games of the year?

Every outcome of any game not played is speculative.  If you lose to a team in week 1 and play them again in week 2, the outcome of the 2nd game is speculation. 

It is speculative bc Canes said regardless of when the game was played.  Meaning that IF they played again at the end of the year (or next week, month, etc.) the result would be the same and that is speculative on his part just like it's speculative on my part in thinking that they would win a few of those rematches.  But the fact is that they did lose those games and that is not speculative.   

I have never been much of a betting man but if I was and there was a rematch with some of those teams, I would put a few bucks down for DLS.  However, I'm an admittedly poor at betting so there is a good chance I would be wrong.  But that's pure speculation.  :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

You are terrible at comprehending. 

Let me lay out what this discussion was about and then you tell me where I'm wrong.

De La Salle doesn't hyper-improve.

They lose and/or struggle with OOS teams and bowl opponents regardless of the date. This is provable with a cursory look at the results.

The easily beat NCS slapdicks like, say, Freedom regardless of date. This is provable with a cursory look at the results.

There's nothing speculative about any of this, contrary to what you say.

There's no evidence whatsoever for you claims.

What am I getting wrong? What am I not comprehending?

43 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Let me lay out what this discussion was about and then you tell me where I'm wrong.

De La Salle doesn't hyper-improve.

They lose and/or struggle with OOS teams and bowl opponents regardless of the date. This is provable with a cursory look at the results.

The easily beat NCS slapdicks like, say, Freedom regardless of date. This is provable with a cursory look at the results.

There's nothing speculative about any of this, contrary to what you say.

There's no evidence whatsoever for you claims.

What am I getting wrong? What am I not comprehending?

I followed the discussion as laid out above.

The Californians ducked and dodged by bringing up OL timing, random GA insults, and 3 random examples of DLS trailing to slapdicks at half as a distraction...

9 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

It's so funny to me- GA posters always trying to promote their relevance.

If you were that relevant, you wouldn't need to promote your agenda nationally. Everyone would already know.

You've already lost. 

4th tier state. 

The irony... Its burns.

20 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Let me spare you the drama... They arent.

And you may well end up being right about that. Still doesn't change or defeat my point.

If CA didn't finally establish the State Bowl games back in 2006, the Spartans record would look even better than it does now. They'd still be scheduling games against programs they 'thought' would be good in a particular season rather than facing a vetted team at the end of the season that has proven itself to be among the best in the State.

Prior to the 1st State game in 2006, DLS was 12-2 against SoCal when hand-picking the opponents they thought would provide a challenge. But they are 7-5 in the State games against teams proven to be worthy over the course of a season.

If DLS had to face NorCal's proven next best team every single season dating back to the 80's, they'd have some more losses because quite a few of them fit the criteria.

Cordova was NorCal's premier football program during the 70's and 80's before DLS eventually ripped that torch away. However, those two programs never faced each other. Grant Union was arguably the #1 contender to DLS from the early 90's through 2010. Those two programs never faced each other either. Palo Alto has had some phenomenal teams over the years as well, none more than the 2010 squad everyone remembers. They too have never faced DLS despite being located less than 60 miles apart.

Those are just a few examples.

Each of those programs have fielded multiple teams loaded with D1 athletes very capable of beating DLS. They just never got a chance to show it due to the system.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2018 at 4:50 PM, ThunderRam said:

Each of those programs have fielded multiple teams loaded with D1 athletes very capable of beating DLS. They just never got a chance to show it due to the system.

Granted, the game has changed a bit, but the fact that none of those schools played and won significant out of section or out of state games continues to hammer my point why NorCal doesn't get any respect.  I would have liked to see what the Dennis Dixon led San Leandro teams would have done, along with a few others throughout the years.

53 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Listening to the clowns on this forum is NOT a representation of everyone. Believe me

For the purpose of this discussion, this forum is representation enough.  The sentiment that Nor Cal football is weak has been common across pretty much every high school football board, save NorCal Preps and Spartanhood, that I have seen over the past 20 or so years.