Another Mass Shooting?

RedZone

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

The post mass shooting rhetoric from the alt-right never changes....boring and delusional....

1493124307064-931.jpeg

"I'm not racist, I just look at the facts"

Who here among us has used this at least 500,000 times on this forum?

Yep, you got it > crying divorced concha.

48 minutes ago, concha said:

Or people just have differences of opinion on the matter.  I realize the NRA Boogeyman must be maintained for the base.

The proof of the pudding is in its eating. The USA is the only developed country with the recurring mass shootings, which have been getting worse with the passage of time.

Unless you attribute it to Americans being crazier or more evil than the rest of the world, which is hardly likely, you would think our gun laws must have something to do with it!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

The proof of the pudding is in its eating. The USA is the only developed country with the recurring mass shootings, which have been getting worse with the passage of time.

Unless you attribute it to Americans being crazier or more evil than the rest of the world, which is hardly likely, you would think our gun laws must have something to do with it!

e have a different history and demographics. Mixed societies often have issues.  We are also one of the few (only?) developed countries with large narco-states either on our border or nearby.  Not nearly as simple as saying "look at Sweden".

6 minutes ago, concha said:

e have a different history and demographics. Mixed societies often have issues.  We are also one of the few (only?) developed countries with large narco-states either on our border or nearby.  Not nearly as simple as saying "look at Sweden".

The USA is far from the only country with a mixed society. I reject that assertion. You need only look at the teams fielded by the various countries at the World Cup to realize they are many mixed societies in the world. Also, I don't think most of our mass shootings are narcotics related. Individual shootings, yes, mass shootings, show me the evidence.

• Like 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

The USA is far from the only country with a mixed society. I reject that assertion. You need only look at the teams fielded by the various countries at the World Cup to realize they are many mixed societies in the world. Also, I don't think most of our mass shootings are narcotics related. Individual shootings, yes, mass shootings, show me the evidence.

Reject all you like.

England, for example, is 85% white.  And much of the "mix" that has occurred in Western Europe - England included -is very recent (and they are just beginning to feel the repercussions).  Ask a dad in Malmo if he feels as safe letting his teenage girl go out today versus 20 years ago. They also (generally) don't have the history/baggage of slavery (which we inherited from them).

Specifically with regard to mass shootings, there are a number of causes I could point to other than the guns themselves.  We've seen weakness in our mental health institutions and in law enforcement.  Many of these people are medicated.  I'll note that evil NRA members rarely if ever are identified with illegal gun violence of any kind.

Lots of minds lost on the occasional mass shooting, very little about the vast preponderance of gun murder. Why?

30 minutes ago, concha said:

Reject all you like.

England, for example, is 85% white.  And much of the "mix" that has occurred in Western Europe - England included -is very recent (and they are just beginning to feel the repercussions).  Ask a dad in Malmo if he feels as safe letting his teenage girl go out today versus 20 years ago. They also (generally) don't have the history/baggage of slavery (which we inherited from them).

Specifically with regard to mass shootings, there are a number of causes I could point to other than the guns themselves.  We've seen weakness in our mental health institutions and in law enforcement.  Many of these people are medicated.  I'll note that evil NRA members rarely if ever are identified with illegal gun violence of any kind.

Lots of minds lost on the occasional mass shooting, very little about the vast preponderance of gun murder. Why?

Case closed!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, concha said:

Reject all you like.

It's agreed that the closing of most mental institutions has become a national disgrace. Conservatives didn't want to fund them, and libs didn't want the crazies separated and ostracized from the general public. Both parties are to blame for all these Looney's running amuck. But the gun thing is crazy!  I've had "concealed carry" since it was legalized in Florida a dozen or so years ago. Got a pistol next to my bed, in the car, truck, etc. I don't have armor piercing bullets, a machine gun, or a bazooka to blast the bad guys. But that argument is for another day.... How about real background checks, or a national registry of some sort. Behavioral handicap's should not be buying guns so EASILY.  Didn't say lifetime ban, but they need to jump through a few observable hoops. The NRA blindly refuses any talk on the subject. It's always the BS of the slippery slope. Registration now, then assault weapons, next pistols, then hunting rifles, etc. Concha, you know that's all bull$hit. The NRA loves to yell fire in the movie theater. It's a smokescreen to delay meaningful reform. You and I, and millions like us will NEVER GIVE UP OUR GUNS. So how about some new rules ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Some how I believe if you deport young White Males we will have very little mass Shootings.:D  Just as I believe if you deport young black and Hispanic males you would have less Homicides by Gang Members.

I don't need a whole bunch of made up damn stats to prove me wrong.  White dudes love shooting up 5+ people at any one given time and Bangers love shooting each other.  That is a damn fact.

Like this excuse it's more white dudes of course they would have more mass Shootings.  Then why are there not more White NBA Players than Black ones?.:D  Why is the USA 4x100m Relay team not consisting of all white dudes.  I will tell you people do what they are good at.  Mass Shootings are the work of one particular sect mostly.  There are exceptions to every rule.  When I heard there was a mass shooting I thought of one Culprit.  Just like when I hear there is a drive by shooting I damn sure don't think it was a Korean.

Or we could realize these MotherFukka's have too many Gunz that they have ease of access to.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

Trump said the MSM is the "Enemy of the People"

First casualties of his war on the press.

our forefathers would be rolling in their graves to hear such stupidity come out of the mouth of the President of the United States...he must have learned that line form Putin....:$

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Some how I believe if you deport young White Males we will have very little mass Shootings.:D  Just as I believe if you deport young black and Hispanic males you would have less Homicides by Gang Members.

I don't need a whole bunch of made up damn stats to prove me wrong.  White dudes love shooting up 5+ people at any one given time and Bangers love shooting each other.  That is a damn fact.

Like this excuse it's more white dudes of course they would have more mass Shootings.  Then why are there not more White NBA Players than Black ones?.:D  Why is the USA 4x100m Relay team not consisting of all white dudes.  I will tell you people do what they are good at.  Mass Shootings are the work of one particular sect mostly.  There are exceptions to every rule.  When I heard there was a mass shooting I thought of one Culprit.  Just like when I hear there is a drive by shooting I damn sure don't think it was a Korean.

Or we could realize these MotherFukka's have too many Gunz that they have ease of access to.  

The free "Statistics for Dummies" offer stands, DD.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, concha said:

Reject all you like.

First, 80% of Britain's population is white, not 85%.

Second, the fact that by your own argument, the population's diversity in the USA is not "very recent" (you cite Europe as being the opposite), should be reason for us to have worked through our problems by now. 

Third, you indicate that the blackening and browning of Europe is leading to negative repercussions, so I gather from this, that in your opinion you see a diverse, plural society as being a negative thing, then. But yet you are quick to use the word racist on Red Zone, wouldn't your very argument be racist? 

Fourth, the weakening in our mental health institutions is but one facet of the overall lack of adequate health care provided in the USA. But yet, you support policy that guts the very imperfect Affordable Care Act but proposes nothing in its place that is workable? The very hypocrisy of of this is mind blowing.

Fifth you acknowledge that there are many crazy people with guns out there but you don't support changes to the law to make it more difficult for such individuals to obtain high powered weapons.

Sixth, individuals such as yourself trot out platitudes expressing sympathy for victims of mass shooting yet don't support any workable measures to reduce it. 

Seventh, your last sentence takes the cake. All senseless gun violence is horrible. We could reduce all kinds of such violence with sensible legislation yet, from your perspective anything that remotely encroaches on the unfettered right to bear arms, regardless of whether such arms are meant to kill many human lives with very little effort is unacceptable. 

I go back to what I said tongue in cheek. Let's just f***ing arm all citizens regardless of suitability to bear such and let things play out in a free for all. Hey, it would probably solve your immigration issue as no sane person would want to migrate here unless they were coming from a similar situation, in which case they would be right at home. 

I am done. I know you are better than this, but your intellectual dishonesty is such that I can't continue this discussion!  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

First, 80% of Britain's population is white, not 85%.

Second, the fact that by your own argument, the population's diversity in the USA is not "very recent" (you cite Europe as being the opposite), should be reason for us to have worked through our problems by now. 

Third, you indicate that the blackening and browning of Europe is leading to negative repercussions, so I gather from this, that in your opinion you see a diverse, plural society as being a negative thing, then. But yet you are quick to use the word racist on Red Zone, wouldn't your very argument be racist? 

Fourth, the weakening in our mental health institutions is but one facet of the overall lack of adequate health care provided in the USA. But yet, you support policy that guts the very imperfect Affordable Care Act but proposes nothing in its place that is workable? The very hypocrisy of of this is mind blowing.

Fifth you acknowledge that there are many crazy people with guns out there but you don't support changes to the law to make it more difficult for such individuals to obtain high powered weapons.

Sixth, individuals such as yourself trot out platitudes expressing sympathy for victims of mass shooting yet don't support any workable measures to reduce it. 

Seventh, your last sentence takes the cake. All senseless gun violence is horrible. We could reduce all kinds of such violence with sensible legislation yet, from your perspective anything that remotely encroaches on the unfettered right to bear arms, regardless of whether such arms are meant to kill many human lives with very little effort is unacceptable. 

I go back to what I said tongue in cheek. Let's just f***ing arm all citizens regardless of suitability to bear such and let things play out in a free for all. Hey, it would probably solve your immigration issue as no sane person would want to migrate here unless they were coming from a similar situation, in which case they would be right at home. 

I am done. I know you are better than this, but your intellectual dishonesty is such that I can't continue this discussion!  

1) I saw a source that said 85%. Still, overwhelmingly white and whiter still not all that long ago.

2) We're not talking about a disagreement over fashion sense. People have a tendency to NOT work out problems. Ever taken a history class?

3) No.  It's not racist.  Many of the people of color entering Europe come with very different cultures, languages, educations etc.  Diverse, plural societies have benefits as well as challenges. You'll be hard-pressed to find two different groups of people trying to occupy the same space without conflict.

4) ACA was a POS on many levels. Face it.

5) Unless I'm mistaken there are laws limiting the use of firearms by people with certain conditions.  Are they enforced?

6) Typically in a mas killing he left talks about solutions that, when applied to the latest case, prove absolutely useless.

7) I am Pro 2nd.  Unapologetically.

....  and there's the Hysterical Middle School Girl Posse banger we all know and love.

3 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

It's agreed that the closing of most mental institutions has become a national disgrace. Conservatives didn't want to fund them, and libs didn't want the crazies separated and ostracized from the general public. Both parties are to blame for all these Looney's running amuck. But the gun thing is crazy!  I've had "concealed carry" since it was legalized in Florida a dozen or so years ago. Got a pistol next to my bed, in the car, truck, etc. I don't have armor piercing bullets, a machine gun, or a bazooka to blast the bad guys. But that argument is for another day.... How about real background checks, or a national registry of some sort. Behavioral handicap's should not be buying guns so EASILY.  Didn't say lifetime ban, but they need to jump through a few observable hoops. The NRA blindly refuses any talk on the subject. It's always the BS of the slippery slope. Registration now, then assault weapons, next pistols, then hunting rifles, etc. Concha, you know that's all bull$hit. The NRA loves to yell fire in the movie theater. It's a smokescreen to delay meaningful reform. You and I, and millions like us will NEVER GIVE UP OUR GUNS. So how about some new rules ? 

I don't remember the Democrats not wanting mental patients to not be in a mental institutions.  I do remember them closing under RR.  

What are your reasons for owning a gun?  Not judging your decision I am just curious.  

Thanks.  

3 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

I have a question.....in terms of national registry that would mean the government would know the amount of type of guns you know if so why would any gun owner want that

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I don't remember the Democrats not wanting mental patients to not be in a mental institutions.  I do remember them closing under RR.  

What are your reasons for owning a gun?  Not judging your decision I am just curious.  

Thanks.  

Self defense. Worked the nightshift for decades. Frequented 24hr WalMart's weekly, traveled home in the early AM, drive expensive cars....Many of the liberal crowd consider mental institutions cold uncaring places that store throw away isolated individuals. Drug therapy, outpatient care and or home care, with diligent supervision, is the preferred humane method. (IMO) We need mental institutions. The prison system is the only option now.

40 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I have a question.....in terms of national registry that would mean the government would know the amount of type of guns you know if so why would any gun owner want that

HS'fan, I'm a message board poster and don't claim to have all the answers. I do know something needs to be done. A weapons registry of legally qualified owners isn't much different then registered and licensed automobiles, planes, or motorcycles. What's the big deal ?

9 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

HS'fan, I'm a message board poster and don't claim to have all the answers. I do know something needs to be done. A weapons registry of legally qualified owners isn't much different then registered and licensed automobiles, planes, or motorcycles. What's the big deal ?

The thought of the government knowing and than what limiting how many guns I'm allowed to have just bothers me. I dont want more government in our lives. Just my opinions