In case any of the Texas posters want to see elite High School Football

Eddyr2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

No we don't need to do that.   2 of the divisions on the list include the entire 6A classification. That's ~250' teams,  that's impressive, it's not a section of a playoff like CA.  

How many teams are represented in the CIF southern section?  

So a playoff "section" in Southern CA routinely has better teams than Texas' top playoff bracket.  I'm not sure you helped your argument here.  

20 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

So a playoff "section" in Southern CA routinely has better teams than Texas' top playoff bracket.  I'm not sure you helped your argument here.  

Let’s stop kidding ourselves your entire playoffs boils down to MD and SJB and it won’t be close.  They are in the southern section and define it!   

You’re still the big pic that our entire 6A playoffs was validated by this report.  All of it. 

Open transfers has and will ruin football in CA.  

You guys are just like OK now...jenks and union dominated for decades 

Like I said, enjoy it!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Let’s stop kidding ourselves your entire playoffs boils down to MD and SJB and it won’t be close.  They are in the southern section and define it!   

MD and SJB are the top dogs now, but. Corona Centennial is a powerhouse too (and has beaten both of them recently).  So.Cal puts their best teams in one bracket and they slug it out for the right to play in the Open Championship. If the top two or three teams in So Cal are better than the top Texas teams, so be it. That's really what the debate is here.

1 minute ago, The Colonel said:

MD and SJB are the top dogs now, but. Corona Centennial is a powerhouse too (and has beaten both of them recently).  So.Cal puts their best teams in one bracket and they slug it out for the right to play in the Open Championship. If the top two or three teams in So Cal are better than the top Texas teams, so be it. That's really what the debate is here.

Not since the transfer megafest.  CC was clobbered last year bc they didn’t have the QB depth to compete.  With bosco returning a ton they will get blasted!  

how your top teams got there makes a difference.  You have open transfers we don’t,  are you really that myopic to think If Texas had open transfers we couldn’t create the same thing? We produce more D1 talent. 

Playing by different rules makes a difference. 

29 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not since the transfer megafest.  CC was clobbered last year bc they didn’t have the QB depth to compete.  With bosco returning a ton they will get blasted!  

how your top teams got there makes a difference.  You have open transfers we don’t,  are you really that myopic to think If Texas had open transfers we couldn’t create the same thing? We produce more D1 talent. 

Playing by different rules makes a difference. 

They didn't have a QB at all and still competed. They had to put a WR at QB. CC will make some noise this year, and the top CA teams will again be better than the top TX teams. 

32 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

They didn't have a QB at all and still competed. They had to put a WR at QB. CC will make some noise this year, and the top CA teams will again be better than the top TX teams. 

Again we know why.  Look,  CA is not exceptional, you have different rules. That’s it and I’m not impressed by MD and SJB running the talent pool in SoCal.  GA could do it, same for TX.  Fla has already beaten bosco with a depleted STA. 

Competitive?  CC lost 62-34. 

10 hours ago, DevilDog said:

You rode into town and smashed Aledo.  That is Good 5A program not a High Profile team and neither was Klein Oak.  That's like me saying another of your High Profile teams tried 5A Aledo and got str8 bitch slapped (Westlake Village, Ca).  I don't think you have any idea what High Profile is in Texas.   Klein Oak (4-6)  ND (SO) 9-3.   Yea a very high profile team that was 0-1 going into that game. xD

Klein Oak 7 #117 IN Texas lost   ND (Sherman Oaks) 37 2009  Oaks # 23 in Cali

With all that bragging about beating 5A Aledo by Amat in 2014   42 - 7.  Great win now let us know how much bigger than Texas beating your Top Team and State Champ. (Legendary DLS Spartans)    

2016 Aledo 65  Westlake, CA 7 (There worst lost ever and they play in the Southern Section of Cali)

It's was not Notre Dame's fault Klein Oaks shat the bed. The year prior, when the contracts were signed, they both had respectable records. As far as Aledo, perhaps not you, but alot of the Texas contingent were selling that even their D2's could hang with the country's best programs. Aledo found out quickly Bishop Amat was not Prepa Tech. Aledo was the defending state champ and went on to win the the championship the season the played Amat. 

DLS, tell me when have they looked good in the beginning of the season? No surprise here. Let's have one of Texas big dawg venture into southern California. C'mon, even you would like to take a road trip to witness an Allen vs SJB  or MD game.

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

The last seven years Texas has had 3 team Allen, LT and Katy which is no different than California with DLS ,SJB and MD.Everrything else nonsense.Your championship game has been more competitive but that’s it

State champs the last three years:

allen 

cy fair

desoto

lake travis

North shore

Katy

last Year was Allen’s first trip to the finals in 3 seasons.  We have less predictability.

In the past 3 seasons lake travis, Katy and Allen had (6 losses)  to these different teams other than each other: Westlake, woodlands, north shore,  and Judson. 

Other than each other, what instate losses does MD, DLS and SJB have? 

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

State champs the last three years:

allen 

cy fair

desoto

lake travis

North shore

Katy

last Year was Allen’s first trip to the finals in 3 seasons.  We have less predictability 

State Champs the last three years in CA. Same thing

Mater Dei

Folsom (I-AA)

SJB

Cathedral Catholic (I-AA)

DLS

Mission Viejo (I-AA)

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

State Champs the last three years in CA. Same thing

Mater Dei

Folsom (I-AA)

SJB

Cathedral Catholic (I-AA)

DLS

Mission Viejo (I-AA)

In the past 3 seasons lake travis, Katy and Allen had (6 losses)  to these different teams other than each other: Westlake, woodlands, north shore,  and Judson. 

Other than each other, what instate losses did MD, DLS and SJB have the past 3 years? 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Other than each other, what instate losses did MD, DLS and SJB have the past 3 years? 

Centennial (2x) and JSerra, but solid point. IMO, that tells me that TX Tier 2 teams are just a little closer to Tier 1 teams than in CA.

11 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Centennial (2x) and JSerra, but solid point. IMO, that tells me that TX Tier 2 teams are just a little closer to Tier 1 teams than in CA.

Yes our tier 2 is close to tier 1.  And all 3 losses for your big 3 were in 2015.  The last two years your big 3 have not lost to any instate teams other than each other, and what critical CIF policy change was adopted in CA in that span? I don’t see MD/SJB losing too much in the near future. 

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The joke is there is only 16 schools worthy of Div 1 in California.

Trinity got knocked in the first round by 6-4 3rd place district team the year the beat DLS and DLS went on to win the open championship vs the best that Cali had to offer.

DLS is in Northern CA. The Southern Section places the top D1 programs in one playoff bracket which is the toughest and highest ranked in the country.  That's no joke. 

21 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Maybe I missed it during the celebration BUT! WHO EXACTLY, is a COLLEGE FOOTBALL POWER in TEXAS?xD

You girls best playas go to Okiehomer! And Georgia ran for 340 yards on their D!xD

And you don't EVEN want to go there, about comparing big time playas in Texas, to GEORGIA'S! 18 of UGA's starting lineup last season, was HOMEGROWN! And Okiehomer's back up RB is from SPRAYBERRY High in Marietta, GEORGIA!

I'll give you a lil taste of what GEORGIA is a cookin! Nick Chubb, Deshaun Watson, Vonn Bell, Vic Beasley, Charles Grant, Wayne Gallman, Leonard Floyd, Roquan Smith, Lorenzo Carter, Thomas Davis, Cam Erving, Isaiah Crow El, Malcolm Mitchell, Alvin Kamara, David Andrews, and Geno Atkins! Plus, a cast of THOUSANDS MORE! And this don't even include the TOP TWO prep QB's in the NATION, in 2017!

And with 28,000,000 people, you girls SHOULD lead the fucking world in talent! But per capita, GEORGIA is KING of da HILL!

Should we be impressed how your defense played vs Oklahoma?  They scored more points on your defense in the first half than you gave up in any full game

i just counted 28 players on the roster not from Georgia

i just counted 11 kids this year not from Georgia that signed scholarships out of 26.

when was last time Georgia won National Championship?

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You’re still the big pic that our entire 6A playoffs was validated by this report.  All of it. 

You guys are just like OK now...jenks and union dominated for decades 

Like I said, enjoy it!  

Are liberal transfer rules ruining Texas football?

Texas has similarly open transfer rules. While the state’s University Interscholastic League prohibits transfers purely for athletic reasons, very few athletes face a hearing before a district executive committee to determine whether the transfer was legitimate.

Not surprisingly, the top teams in Texas — like the top teams in other states –often end up with the most talented transfers. Allen is already the largest school in the state and the Eagles, while compiling a 57-game win streak that ended last season, relied on three quarterbacks who began their high school careers elsewhere: Kyler Murray; Seth Green; and Mitchell Jonke.

cz7cyazusaanr6f.jpg?w=475&h=267

Shawn Robinson transferred in last season to help DeSoto win a state title (Photo: John Glaser/texashsfootball.com)

That’s hardly new in the Lone Star state. The 2017 state champion, DeSoto, won its first title with quarterback Shawn Robinson, who was on his third school (he played at Chisholm Trail in Fort Worth as a freshman and Denton Guyer as a sophomore and junior). He beat out quarterback Jaylin Nelson, who had transferred to DeSoto from First Baptist. When Nelson lost the starting job to Robinson before the 2015 season, he transferred to Duncanville....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

So, it has never occurred to you that teams call off the dogs at different times?

Your argument is one that I would expect a 5 year old to make.

I was at this game and Aledo called off the dogs early.  Aledo played with lots of injuries vs Amat and played like shit - they came to play with attitude vs Westlake

17 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Are liberal transfer rules ruining Texas football?

Texas has similarly open transfer rules. While the state’s University Interscholastic League prohibits transfers purely for athletic reasons, very few athletes face a hearing before a district executive committee to determine whether the transfer was legitimate.

Not surprisingly, the top teams in Texas — like the top teams in other states –often end up with the most talented transfers. Allen is already the largest school in the state and the Eagles, while compiling a 57-game win streak that ended last season, relied on three quarterbacks who began their high school careers elsewhere: Kyler Murray; Seth Green; and Mitchell Jonke.

cz7cyazusaanr6f.jpg?w=475&h=267

Shawn Robinson transferred in last season to help DeSoto win a state title (Photo: John Glaser/texashsfootball.com)

That’s hardly new in the Lone Star state. The 2017 state champion, DeSoto, won its first title with quarterback Shawn Robinson, who was on his third school (he played at Chisholm Trail in Fort Worth as a freshman and Denton Guyer as a sophomore and junior). He beat out quarterback Jaylin Nelson, who had transferred to DeSoto from First Baptist. When Nelson lost the starting job to Robinson before the 2015 season, he transferred to Duncanville....

Not even close, this article is garbage. 

In in order for a varsity player to transfer to another school the losing school has to sign off in the Previous Athletic Participation Form, on it the losing school notes if they believe the transfer is for athletic reasons. If it is, the District Executive Conmittee from the gaining district (consisting of rep from each school athletic district) reviews and signs off or denies the transfers. There have been many denied transfers, as such, the few that you listed over a 3-4 year span get approved. 

Green from Allen MOVED in from Minnesota, his parents still live in Allen. 

Shawn Robinson transferred to desoto bc his mother was hired as the schools Girls head BB coach.  And she’s very good.  

These are all one or two moves in a 3-4 year period. Unlike in socal where you get 4-5 rated transfers in one year to one school!  

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

that's the thing...that wont happen in California, since in the last game of the year the #1 team from the North plays the #1 team from the South...It's like playing College football in TU...classes don't matter 

Your best teams don't meet for the Championship.  What you are saying is the best team from SoCal meets DLS 95% of the time.  Many times DLS is not one of the top 4 in the State.  It's very flawed though you can proclaim it otherwise.  In Texas you fight thru your Region which the State is divided into 4.  The best from each region meet in the Final 4 to play for the Texas Tough Championship at the Death Star in front of 50k plus fired up Texans.  

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

In in order for a varsity player to transfer to another school the losing school has to sign off in the Previous Athletic Participation Form, on it the losing school notes if they believe the transfer is for athletic reasons. If it is, the District Executive Conmittee from the gaining district (consisting of rep from each school athletic district) reviews and signs off or denies the transfers. There have been many denied transfers, as such, the few that you listed over a 3-4 year span get approved. 

Shawn Robinson transferred to desoto bc his mother was hired as the schools Girls head BB coach.  And she’s very good. 

Thank you...I was going to post about his mother.

22 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Maybe I missed it during the celebration BUT! WHO EXACTLY, is a COLLEGE FOOTBALL POWER in TEXAS?xD

You girls best playas go to Okiehomer! And Georgia ran for 340 yards on their D!xD

And you don't EVEN want to go there, about comparing big time playas in Texas, to GEORGIA'S! 18 of UGA's starting lineup last season, was HOMEGROWN! And Okiehomer's back up RB is from SPRAYBERRY High in Marietta, GEORGIA!

I'll give you a lil taste of what GEORGIA is a cookin! Nick Chubb, Deshaun Watson, Vonn Bell, Vic Beasley, Charles Grant, Wayne Gallman, Leonard Floyd, Roquan Smith, Lorenzo Carter, Thomas Davis, Cam Erving, Isaiah Crow El, Malcolm Mitchell, Alvin Kamara, David Andrews, and Geno Atkins! Plus, a cast of THOUSANDS MORE! And this don't even include the TOP TWO prep QB's in the NATION, in 2017!

And with 28,000,000 people, you girls SHOULD lead the fucking world in talent! But per capita, GEORGIA is KING of da HILL!

Can you give us a Taste of the Last time they won a Championship in College Football?  You are raging over a Team that Choked on the biggest stage with all dem Ga Boys @ home in Ga.  That is some special kind of Losing🤣.  Sam Houston even got in your 1AA Best Kennesaw State's ass in Football.   

• Haha 1

Look this up.  The kid that will be the QB at Weatherford this year.  Is highly ranked and being recruited all over the nation.  Started his freshman and soph year on the Azle varsity.  He transferred to Weatherford his JR year and was forced to set out the entire season due to the rules

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Please....spare me the rules. The reality is few transfers TX are contested and go to a hearing. Even fewer are denied. Look it up. Nice rules though...