In case any of the Texas posters want to see elite High School Football

Eddyr2

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I know that this question is totally off topic but what is going on a Permian? Why did their head coach just leave weeks before kickoff? And who will replace him? 

the HC took the AD job in Midland, it's a step up of course so I assume it was timing of the interview and acceptance.

It was an internal interim hire, Jeff Ellison, who was their OC, folks seem happy based on what I've read.   

• Thanks 1

To all you Busters and Clowns, are you gonna forget what Bishop Amat Did to Aledo, and don’t give me that bs exuse that Aledo is 5A because they where and constantly are a top team in Texas, absolutely smashed by Amat, and their Backups. And per capita population is bs, use PARTICIPATION why account for the majority of the population of they don’t play! CA has more players in the league All Time, and currently than Texas, despite Texas having a larger Pool than us. More schools in the top 100 for putting players in the league, and more top 25 schools constantly. And the reason the pac isn’t as good is because we send recruits off to the whole nation, those powerhouse Boise teams where loaded with players from CA, also UW, and Oregon. And to That crackhead Squirrel, you sir are a complete idiot and need to be sterilized.

4AEB33C2-54C2-44E9-B1FB-84A84A3B819F.png

F6D2888F-1E81-4A56-9BFC-3120F3BCEA73.jpeg

55CA5ACE-BB35-4A0E-BB79-34E5E376E28E.jpeg

448A14B0-C042-4DC7-80AE-0DE2B90F6331.jpeg

FC72F60C-EAC1-42EB-80BF-3AD9EC91CD20.jpeg

8212ED83-23F3-4457-A8CC-0F69DA573A2F.jpeg

ED3A03D5-820C-4EE2-9E7D-66D20BBE41FE.jpeg

FDA76A13-14EE-44D8-8989-B19B9DDF9831.jpeg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Abel_559 said:

To all you Busters and Clowns, are you gonna forget what Bishop Amat Did to Aledo, and don’t give me that bs exuse that Aledo is 5A because they where and constantly are a top team in Texas, absolutely smashed by Amat, and their Backups. And per capita population is bs, use PARTICIPATION why account for the majority of the population of they don’t play! CA has more players in the league All Time, and currently than Texas, despite Texas having a larger Pool than us. More schools in the top 100 for putting players in the league, and more top 25 schools constantly. And the reason the pac isn’t as good is because we send recruits off to the whole nation, those powerhouse Boise teams where loaded with players from CA, also UW, and Oregon. And to That crackhead Squirrel, you sir are a complete idiot and need to be sterilized.

4AEB33C2-54C2-44E9-B1FB-84A84A3B819F.png

F6D2888F-1E81-4A56-9BFC-3120F3BCEA73.jpeg

55CA5ACE-BB35-4A0E-BB79-34E5E376E28E.jpeg

448A14B0-C042-4DC7-80AE-0DE2B90F6331.jpeg

FC72F60C-EAC1-42EB-80BF-3AD9EC91CD20.jpeg

8212ED83-23F3-4457-A8CC-0F69DA573A2F.jpeg

ED3A03D5-820C-4EE2-9E7D-66D20BBE41FE.jpeg

FDA76A13-14EE-44D8-8989-B19B9DDF9831.jpeg

Explain this "pool" because BA is supposedly in a city with close to 40,000.

Aledo barely has 4,000.  (Might have eclipsed that with the population boom.)

Hmmm...If you can't field a solid team in a city of 40,000 as a private...Then I need to go to Korea because there is Sum Ting Won.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Explain this "pool" because BA is supposedly in a city with close to 40,000.

Aledo barely has 4,000.  (Might have eclipsed that with the population boom.)

Hmmm...If you can't field a solid team in a city of 40,000 as a private...Then I need to go to Korea because there is Sum Ting Won.

There is no direct pipeline to Amat is the thing, and I’m pretty sure Aledo has a huge zone because then it would mean that almost half the town went to Aledo High school! 

1 hour ago, Abel_559 said:

There is no direct pipeline to Amat is the thing, and I’m pretty sure Aledo has a huge zone because then it would mean that almost half the town went to Aledo High school! 

Don't be "pretty sure", you came in with guns a blazing, so tell us the actual facts, what cities are serviced by Aledo ISD and how big are they?

Amat may not have a direct pipeline but they have no geographical boundaries either.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Don't be "pretty sure", you came in with guns a blazing, so tell us the actual truth..  Amat may not have a direct pipeline but they have no geographical boundaries either.

Obviously no one is going to drive form 3 hours away to go to Amat, so there’s a boundary somewhat, and Amat has about the same amount of students as Aledo. Lol quit trying to exuse the ass whopping

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Abel_559 said:

Obviously no one is going to drive form 3 hours away to go to Amat, so there’s a boundary somewhat, and Amat has about the same amount of students as Aledo. Lol quit trying to exuse the ass whopping

It’s not about the number of students it’s about pop of surrounding areas, there is a specific boundary for Aledo, what is it?

BTW I lived in CA and we had a friend whose son attended Amat back in the early 90s. Kids attend from outside La Puente 

On 7/24/2018 at 3:44 PM, Frosty4024 said:

Aledo has around 1200 students on average...

30% close to 50%...Ummm...No.

What's funny is he declared that Aledo is a top Texas HS Football team.  They are a top 5A team Closer to Carthage every year than Allen, LT, ET and Katy types.  This is what trips me the hell out.  Who here in Texas don't think Allen or LT and many others would put running clock on Aledo.  For what it's worth I told Horsefly last year that Carthage was better and I saw them both.  Aledo catches hell with any team that is athletic.  Legacy in the playoffs a classic example.  Even that team from Mississippi a few years ago a 4A Nouxbee County very athletic gave them fits.  Aledo is a good program taking nothing from them but they are not one of the top teams in this State.  You don't know Texas Football if you believe that.  There are 10 Teams in DFW alone that can beat them year in and year out.   They are one of the Top programs because they are successful at their level.  So is Carthage, WOS and others.  That don't make them top teams in the State.

I have the truth about Aledo vs Amat.  Nobody cares.

injuries to start the year...top rb who was mvp in state championship games nearly died in the summer and didn’t play vs Amat.  The other D1 kid rb got hurt vs Cedar Park and played limited role vs Amat.  Another OL who ended up at TCU was limited due to recovering from breaking ankle in the summer.  Not to mention some other injuries suffered in the opening ball game.

Then they played like shit - block punt for TD and turnovers all in the 2nd Qrt of that game giving Amat great field position and Amat gambled couple of times on 4th down and came up big.  

Amat beat pretty good team that day...who by the end of the season was damn good.  The best I have ever seen Aledo play was later that year when they beat the shit out of very athletic John Tyler.

The bottom line Aledo is elite for the division that they play in and would be just another team playing against the big boys of Texas football

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

HEEEELLLLL NAW!

If 2001 Miami doesn't top that list...it's Bogus...Sorry.

This is ESPN we're talking about here tho...

Who really knows?  IMO Vince Young playing college football was arguably the most dominant player in history his Jr and Sr year.  

• Confused 1

On 7/24/2018 at 12:34 PM, Horsefly said:

It’s not about the number of students it’s about pop of surrounding areas, there is a specific boundary for Aledo, what is it?

BTW I lived in CA and we had a friend whose son attended Amat back in the early 90s. Kids attend from outside La Puente 

It don’t matter about population if those kids aren’t playing football. Texas has a smaller population but almost twice the amount of players participating in football.  

On 7/20/2018 at 9:22 PM, Horsefly said:

No one said they were scared they just don't give a damn. The last time you all ran that tough talk, DLS was Hopping back o the plane with the only loss in 2 seasons..  If MD or SJB want Allen or others they can pick up the phone as well, texas doesnt OWE them squat.  

See this is where I had the problem. My issue was never with who would win or lose. Hell Trinity is my favorite Texas team and knew it would be a good game. My problem then, as it is now, is that you selfish MF’s only want to promote yourselves. To hell with the rest of the High School football programs outside of Texas. You poo poo’d the game as you do now, not caring about growing the game. Sad, really...it’s 2018, there’s bigger fish to fry than what’s in one state! For this sport to survive, we need every state to promote, not put down interstate match- ups! So other than that I still say GFYS!

4 hours ago, Abel_559 said:

Still it’s a unrealistic number regardless Aledo is pulling kids from outside their city.

Aledo is more like 1600-1700 - the district boundaries is actually pretty big with several small communities inside and lots of pasture land to grow.  Look up Walsh Ranch  development -  Aledo ISD will eventually  have another HS 

9 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

See this is where I had the problem. My issue was never with who would win or lose. Hell Trinity is my favorite Texas team and knew it would be a good game. My problem then, as it is now, is that you selfish MF’s only want to promote yourselves. To hell with the rest of the High School football programs outside of Texas. You poo poo’d the game as you do now, not caring about growing the game. Sad, really...it’s 2018, there’s bigger fish to fry than what’s in one state! For this sport to survive, we need every state to promote, not put down interstate match- ups! So other than that I still say GFYS!

Look what the thread title is , now who is disrespecting whom?

Texans have said time and time again that there good football all over this great country we live in. 

The best team in the nation is not from Texas every year.  Our best will not be far from the top.

The part that few understand is the depth factor and the quality of play even at the lower levels.  There is much evidence to prove this, yet the jealous haters turn blind eye.

Texas has some built in advantages.  Some states match some of the advantages - I don’t believe any state matches across the board.  

advantages in no particular order

Athletes 

coaches (Large staffs)

funding- (facilities- training equipment and much more)

culture

500+ schools in 6A and 5A divisions (big schools)

fan support 

I personally really like Florida Football- they have great combination of teams from public to private.  I love that they still play great football in the inner city.  On any given year Florida top teams can kick the shit out of anyone.

What some will not like about me —-I do not respect private school football teams that recruit players that others developed.  I never will!  There is zero honor in winning like that on the HS level IMO.  

• Like 1