In case any of the Texas posters want to see elite High School Football

Eddyr2

1 minute ago, The Colonel said:

Rright.  And CA doesn't have families that struggle to make ends meet...and CA doesn't have any single mothers either.  So I guess all the TX transfers are for pure reasons and the CA transfers are all athletically motivated?

You posted an excerpt that was talking all sports girls and boys, nothing specific to football, nice try and goodnight.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

You posted an excerpt that was talking all sports girls and boys, nothing specific to football, nice try and goodnight.

I see how your logic works. I post an article specific to football and you call it garbage. I post the raw athletic transfer numbers and you say its not specific. Ok...have a nice evening. And I do hope the transfer epidemic in TX isn't ruining football....

Article from LA times

All-star teams are being assembled. Players are joining former teammates from their club-team days. Private schools are getting athletes who don't live anywhere near their campuses because there are no attendance boundaries.

High school students are transferring for sports reasons — I know, shocking! — and we know that for sure because the lid is off. California Interscholastic Federation schools voted last year to get rid of the rule against athletically motivated transfers. Students can now openly declare they are switching schools for athletic reasons. What's been going on for years has been made transparent.

2 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

I see how your logic works. I post an article specific to football and you call it garbage. I post the raw athletic transfer numbers and you say its not specific. Ok...have a nice evening. And I do hope the transfer epidemic in TX isn't ruining football....

I refuted your first article and gave reasons and examples for it. The last one wasn't even specific to football.  It was a red herring.

2 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I don’t give transfers a second thought anymore. It’s part of the high school culture, brought about by helicopter parents.

I can guarantee Centennial isn’t scared of MD or SJB with or without transfers, so big bad tejas shouldn’t be either. IMG vs Allen is a tasty matchup though...

No one said they were scared they just don't give a damn. The last time you all ran that tough talk, DLS was Hopping back o the plane with the only loss in 2 seasons..  If MD or SJB want Allen or others they can pick up the phone as well, texas doesnt OWE them squat.  

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Article from LA times

All-star teams are being assembled. Players are joining former teammates from their club-team days. Private schools are getting athletes who don't live anywhere near their campuses because there are no attendance boundaries.

High school students are transferring for sports reasons — I know, shocking! — and we know that for sure because the lid is off. California Interscholastic Federation schools voted last year to get rid of the rule against athletically motivated transfers. Students can now openly declare they are switching schools for athletic reasons. What's been going on for years has been made transparent.

You’re quoting Eric!!!!

hahahahahahaha

he is the worst...hahaha

3 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

You’re quoting Eric!!!!

hahahahahahaha

he is the worst...hahaha

There were several articles from different sources.  We've had this discussion on this site long before you hopped on.  This is actually old news.  No one denies it but you. 

You were just bragging a few months ago about the MD transfers this season.  Smh

Just now, Horsefly said:

There were several articles from different sources.  We've had this discussion on this site long before you hopped on.  This is actually old news.  No one denies it but you. 

Denies what? MD getting 4* and 5* Kids coming in? I don’t deny I celebrate it!!!

i am happy whenever a young man choices to improve his life be attending one of the most prestigious Catholic high schools in the nation. Last week when I was having lunch with the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Orange, Mater Dei’s greatness and ability to attract young men was one of the things we discussed. 💪😃👍

5 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Denies what? MD getting 4* and 5* Kids coming in? I don’t deny I celebrate it!!!

i am happy whenever a young man choices to improve his life be attending one of the most prestigious Catholic high schools in the nation. Last week when I was having lunch with the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Orange, Mater Dei’s greatness and ability to attract young men was one of the things we discussed. 💪😃👍

Then your "lol" of me quoting an article about the loose transfer rules for athletic purposes missed the mark.  

Anyways, I'm hoping IMG beats the hell out of you guys, I can't stand CA and the unwarranted arrogance.  Here's to a bad season.

cheeers

Just now, Horsefly said:

Anyways, I'm hoping IMG beats the crap out of you guys, I can't stand the CA  arrogance.  Here's to a losing season.

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I want you to post it with the link.  

I read it. You can do your own homework. The vast majority of the over 10,000 transfer requests a year in TX are not even contested. I'm really worried about the free-agent mentality ruining TX football. Its a shame isn't it. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Then your "lol" of me quoting an article about the loose transfer rules for athletic purposes missed the mark.  

Also, I’m very libertarian when it comes to where parents send their kids. If a parent what’s to send their kids to a different school to propel their future, what business is it of the “state”?

send your kids to the school that is best for them. This is America and I believe in Liberty! 

🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

6 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

I read it. You can do your own homework. The vast majority of the over 10,000 transfer requests a year in TX are not even contested. I'm really worried about the free-agent mentality ruining TX football. Its a shame isn't it. 

If moves are legitimate  they don't need to be contested, lots of reasons to move to include mom and dad transferring jobs. There are over 5M publicly school students in Texas.  Moves happen.

I stated the 10,000 is for all sports, all classes boys and girls. But you didn't post the impact to football.  But thanks for playing.  At the end of the day your rules are deliberately loose, texas more strict.  It is what it is.