In case any of the Texas posters want to see elite High School Football

Eddyr2

8 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Lets see if you can follow my finger and the bouncing ball! GEORGIA, 10,000,000 people!  NINE of the top 100 teams out of 12,000! Texas, 14 from a state with 28,000,000! DO YOU UN DER STAND MEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW? PER CAPITA, GEORGIA has more top tier powers than TEXAS! And I no doubt have more education than your whole family, COMBINED!

3 N.J. in top 18 in country 

were better than Ga

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

OK on behalf of Texas.  We got the opportunity to see it and Color us not overly impressed.  If I am not mistaken this was your Undefeated In State Champion losing to a 1st Rd go Home Team.  

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time". - Maya Angelou

Euless Trinity drag em drills. 

Image result for TRINITY VS DLS

I guess you must've missed the actual first timers when Sherman Oaks(Notre Dame) and Bishop Amat rode into town and smashed on your high profile teams. Yup, believe who they are the first time. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Haha! I get it, DD. Not taking away anything from ET. They were physical as expected,, were a load to deal with for 48 min, and did what they had to do to win.  They were the better team that night: But strictly from this DLS fan’s perspective, that was a night of “what could have been”. To me, it was a few mistakes away from being 28-6 DLS. But mistakes are part of the game. Props to ET. And as I said, tough night for DLS. 

I was at that game and I gave DLS props for weeks after.  Always wanted to see them live to check out that O-Line coming off the ball. As an Old Marine SDI I appreciate precision in Drill.  To see a team with that many kids going both ways against ET was impressive.  But I also left thinking they would catch hell winning State here with that formula in the 6A playoffs.  ET plays a similar brand of football without all the 2 way players.   It was a Great game by 2 Power running Football teams.  I picked ET to win from the start even when some of my fellow Texans were not.  Ask SAMMY he had to pay up a charity Bet. 

I have nothing but respect for DLS.  Scrappy bunch of kids that just play hard no trash talking.  Just like the ET kids do.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, old_e said:

I guess you must've missed the actual first timers when Sherman Oaks(Notre Dame) and Bishop Amat rode into town and smashed on your high profile teams. Yup, believe who they are the first time. 

You rode into town and smashed Aledo.  That is Good 5A program not a High Profile team and neither was Klein Oak.  That's like me saying another of your High Profile teams tried 5A Aledo and got str8 bitch slapped (Westlake Village, Ca).  I don't think you have any idea what High Profile is in Texas.   Klein Oak (4-6)  ND (SO) 9-3.   Yea a very high profile team that was 0-1 going into that game. xD

Klein Oak 7 #117 IN Texas lost   ND (Sherman Oaks) 37 2009  Oaks # 23 in Cali

With all that bragging about beating 5A Aledo by Amat in 2014   42 - 7.  Great win now let us know how much bigger than Texas beating your Top Team and State Champ. (Legendary DLS Spartans)    

2016 Aledo 65  Westlake, CA 7 (There worst lost ever and they play in the Southern Section of Cali)

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Jeff even admitted in his Q&A with us that his preseason algorithm/poll is meaningless until we get well into the season. Let's see where TX ends up come January 2019. 

All Polls are meaningless> Polls are the go to barometer here.  Texas pops up like Measles every year in these fake polls. xD So according to that poll 15% of the top 225 HS football teams in Ameruccuuu resides in Texas.   That sir is a full can of this being opened up.  I bet you watched every episode of FNL when it came on too.

Image result for CAN OF TEXAS WHOOP ASS

Funny stuff here for my Cali Homies.  It's all good.  I am bowing out.  Texans stay out of these topics.  I know the Cali guy was having fun. Don't want to act like LIL State guys.  No need to bloviate over the Lone Star State.  And Whataburger beats In N Out Too.  xD  Take care Cali.  Ga and NJ are much better at this than both of us.  La. seems to pop up out of nowhere as well.  We Elites (wink wink) don't act like this.

• Like 2

Here’s the distribution for the top 16 states in the last six classes combined, going back to 2013.

The best blue-chip talent states from 2013-18

State Blue-Chips, '13-'18 National Share
Florida 292 14.4%
Texas 273 13.5%
California 247 12.2%
Georgia 181 9.0%
Ohio 91 4.5%
Louisiana 86 4.3%
Alabama 69 3.4%
North Carolina 63 3.1%
Virginia 61 3.0%
Pennsylvania 56 2.8%
Tennessee 55 2.7%
New Jersey 50 2.5%
Maryland 45 2.2%
Michigan 42 2.1%
Illinois 41 2.0%
Mississippi 41 2.0%
The 247Sports Composite

More notes:

• Usually, Georgia produces about twice as many blue-chippers as Ohio. This year’s 40-12 margin might never happen again. But the consistent stream of talent in the Peach State is the biggest reason Mark Richt was able to win so consistently in Athens. It’s also the biggest reason Kirby Smart’s in the Playoff in his second year.
  • For the sake of assessing recruiting advantages, you might as well consider D.C. recruits to be Marylanders and Virginians. If you spread the District’s 17 blue-chips from the last six years evenly, both states would jump a few spots. That’s why the Maryland Terrapins have managed to line up a couple of top-20 classes in a row despite being either mediocre or outright bad on the field.
  • Tennessee produces and is surrounded by enough elite talent that the Volunteers could build a national title contender if they found the right coach, despite obvious challenges. “But they’ve been saying that for years!” you might counter, and I’d have to acknowledge that you were right.

The Tour de France lost one of its best riders because of stupid fans on Alpe d’Huez

USA Football

Where are the toughest high school football state tournament brackets in the country?

rsz_screen_shot_2017-11-15_at_13858_pm.png
By Annmarie Toler | Posted 11/15/2017

From the start of the season, every high school football team sets the goal of making it to the playoffs and winning a state championship. However, some playoff brackets are tougher to navigate than others.

MaxPreps has listed the top 10 toughest high school playoff brackets from across the country, and those 10 brackets reside in seven states; California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey and Texas.

1. CIF Southern Section Division 1(California)

This is the toughest bracket in the country, and for good reason. CIF Southern D1 bracket has four of MaxPreps Xcellent 25 teams in the country; No.1 Mater Dei, No. 5 Centennial, No.7 St. John Bosco and No. 16 Mission Viejo.

Playoffs for CIF Southern Section D1 began last week, and all four teams listed above have advanced to the quarterfinals.

2. UIL Texas 6A Division 1

Not only is this playoff bracket tough, but it takes six weeks to narrow 64 teams down to one state champion.

UIL 6A Division is home to three of MaxPreps Xcellent 25 teams; No. 4 Allen, No. 11 Katy, and No. 17 Duncanville. Playoffs will begin Thursday.

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

You rode into town and smashed Aledo.  That is Good 5A program not a High Profile team and neither was Klein Oak.  That's like me saying another of your High Profile teams tried 5A Aledo and got str8 bitch slapped (Westlake Village, Ca).  I don't think you have any idea what High Profile is in Texas.   Klein Oak (4-6)  ND (SO) 9-3.   Yea a very high profile team that was 0-1 going into that game. xD

Klein Oak 7 #117 IN Texas lost   ND (Sherman Oaks) 37 2009  Oaks # 23 in Cali

With all that bragging about beating 5A Aledo by Amat in 2014   42 - 7.  Great win now let us know how much bigger than Texas beating your Top Team and State Champ. (Legendary DLS Spartans)    

2016 Aledo 65  Westlake, CA 7 (There worst lost ever and they play in the Southern Section of Cali)

Is there a fundamental difference between 65-7 and 49-8?  Santa Margarita beat Westlake 49-8 later that year.  SM went 7-5 on the year.  Aledo went 16-0.  Westlake went 3-8.

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Funny stuff here for my Cali Homies.  It's all good.  I am bowing out.  Texans stay out of these topics.  I know the Cali guy was having fun. Don't want to act like LIL State guys.  No need to bloviate over the Lone Star State.  And Whataburger beats In N Out Too.  xD  Take care Cali.  Ga and NJ are much better at this than both of us.  La. seems to pop up out of nowhere as well.  We Elites (wink wink) don't act like this.

Queso.... **shudders**.  Yuck.

I went to an Italian place in the Austin/Round Rock area earlier this year.  They freakin' put queso on their pasta.  No marinara, just queso.  What the muthaf*cking hell?

1 hour ago, The Colonel said:
USA Football

Where are the toughest high school football state tournament brackets in the country?

From the start of the season, every high school football team sets the goal of making it to the playoffs and winning a state championship. However, some playoff brackets are tougher to navigate than others.

MaxPreps has listed the top 10 toughest high school playoff brackets from across the country, and those 10 brackets reside in seven states; California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey and Texas.

This is the toughest bracket in the country, and for good reason. CIF Southern D1 bracket has four of MaxPreps Xcellent 25 teams in the country; No.1 Mater Dei, No. 5 Centennial, No.7 St. John Bosco and No. 16 Mission Viejo.

Playoffs for CIF Southern Section D1 began last week, and all four teams listed above have advanced to the quarterfinals.

Not only is this playoff bracket tough, but it takes six weeks to narrow 64 teams down to one state champion.

UIL 6A Division is home to three of MaxPreps Xcellent 25 teams; No. 4 Allen, No. 11 Katy, and No. 17 Duncanville. Playoffs will begin Thursday.

Excellent, now if you can share what state's brackets made up the rest of their top 10. Thanks.   😉

33 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Is there a fundamental difference between 65-7 and 49-8?  Santa Margarita beat Westlake 49-8 later that year.  SM went 7-5 on the year.  Aledo went 16-0.  Westlake went 3-8.

Yes it's worse Aledo is not the cream here in Texas.  They are in 5A.  There are 3 classes larger than Aledo. ;) That is the worst lost for Westlake Ever.  I moved here from Cali WL is not some run of the mill program.  Not the best of course but they play the better teams in the Southern Section and no one has beaten them that bad.  To answer your question 65 is 16 more pts than 49 and 7 is 1 less than 8.  So yes 65-7 is much worse than 49 -8. 

65 Freaking Pts. I admit that was a pretty good 5A Football team in 2016.  They also hung 70 on 5A Saginaw that year if that helps.

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

To answer your question 65 is 16 more pts than 49 and 7 is 1 less than 8.  So yes 65-7 is much worse than 49 -8.

So, it has never occurred to you that teams call off the dogs at different times?

Your argument is one that I would expect a 5 year old to make.

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Excellent, now if you can share what state's brackets made up the rest of their top 10. Thanks.   😉

USA Football

RELATED: See what $72 million can buy for a high school football stadium

3. Georgia Class 7A Bracket

Georgia’s playoffs started last weekend, and you will find three Xcellent 25 times in Georgia Class 7A; No. 18 Archer, No. 22 Grayson, No. 23 Lowndes. All three have advanced to the next round and will continue to navigate the bracket in hopes of making it to state.

4. Ohio Division 1 Bracket

Ohio is deep into its playoff schedule, as regional finals will take place this weekend.

30 teams entered the playoffs, but only one will be crowned as state champion for Division 1.

St. Ignatius (Cleveland) is ranked No. 2 in the state by MaxPreps and also clinches the No. 25 spot on the Xcellent 25, as well as St. Xavier (Cincinnati), which is ranked No.1 in the state and No. 10 in the nation by MaxPreps.

5. UIL Texas 6A Division 2

Texas 6A Division 2 begins playoffs this weekend, and it will take six weeks to narrow 64 teams down to one state champion. This bracket includes the following state-ranked teams No. 10 DeSoto, No. 14 San Angelo Central and No. 19 Mansfield.

6. Florida Class 6A Bracket

Class 6A will play Regional Semifinals this weekend, and this class is home to one of the Xcellent 25 teams; No. 14 Miami Central.

7. UIL Texas 5A Division 1 Bracket

Texas 5A Division 1 begins playoffs this weekend and it will take six weeks to narrow 64 teams down to one State Champion EP Andress (8-2) vs. EP Bel Air (5-5), Amarillo (6-4) vs. Lubbock Monterey (6-4), and Denton Ryan (10-0) vs. FW Brewer (6-4) these are just a few of the matchups taking place during the first round.

8.  Indiana Class 6A

As semistate championships are played this weekend, teams are just one game away from playing in the state finals.

One team that is looking to advance is Ben Davis (Indianapolis), which is ranked No. 6 on MaxPreps Xcellent teams.

Fort Wayne Snider, one of USA Football's Power of Football teams, saw just how tough this bracket is when Carmel narrowly eliminated the Panthers last weekend, 22-21.

9. NJ Non-Public Group IV

Non-Public Group IV see eight teams leave everything on the gridiron in hopes of being sectional champions.

Only four teams are left, and they are one game away from the championship next weekend. St. Joseph vs. Immaculata and Mater Dei vs. Holy Spirit will play Friday, in hope of advancing to the championship.

10. Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (Washington D.C.)

Washington Catholic Athletic Conference is quick, four teams to two. St. John's College High School and Gonzaga College High School will play each other to see who is crowned State Champion.

43 minutes ago, The Colonel said:
USA Football

RELATED: See what $72 million can buy for a high school football stadium

3. Georgia Class 7A Bracket

Georgia’s playoffs started last weekend, and you will find three Xcellent 25 times in Georgia Class 7A; No. 18 Archer, No. 22 Grayson, No. 23 Lowndes. All three have advanced to the next round and will continue to navigate the bracket in hopes of making it to state.

4. Ohio Division 1 Bracket

Ohio is deep into its playoff schedule, as regional finals will take place this weekend.

30 teams entered the playoffs, but only one will be crowned as state champion for Division 1.

St. Ignatius (Cleveland) is ranked No. 2 in the state by MaxPreps and also clinches the No. 25 spot on the Xcellent 25, as well as St. Xavier (Cincinnati), which is ranked No.1 in the state and No. 10 in the nation by MaxPreps.

5. UIL Texas 6A Division 2

Texas 6A Division 2 begins playoffs this weekend, and it will take six weeks to narrow 64 teams down to one state champion. This bracket includes the following state-ranked teams No. 10 DeSoto, No. 14 San Angelo Central and No. 19 Mansfield.

6. Florida Class 6A Bracket

Class 6A will play Regional Semifinals this weekend, and this class is home to one of the Xcellent 25 teams; No. 14 Miami Central.

7. UIL Texas 5A Division 1 Bracket

Texas 5A Division 1 begins playoffs this weekend and it will take six weeks to narrow 64 teams down to one State Champion EP Andress (8-2) vs. EP Bel Air (5-5), Amarillo (6-4) vs. Lubbock Monterey (6-4), and Denton Ryan (10-0) vs. FW Brewer (6-4) these are just a few of the matchups taking place during the first round.

8.  Indiana Class 6A

As semistate championships are played this weekend, teams are just one game away from playing in the state finals.

One team that is looking to advance is Ben Davis (Indianapolis), which is ranked No. 6 on MaxPreps Xcellent teams.

Fort Wayne Snider, one of USA Football's Power of Football teams, saw just how tough this bracket is when Carmel narrowly eliminated the Panthers last weekend, 22-21.

9. NJ Non-Public Group IV

Non-Public Group IV see eight teams leave everything on the gridiron in hopes of being sectional champions.

Only four teams are left, and they are one game away from the championship next weekend. St. Joseph vs. Immaculata and Mater Dei vs. Holy Spirit will play Friday, in hope of advancing to the championship.

10. Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (Washington D.C.)

Washington Catholic Athletic Conference is quick, four teams to two. St. John's College High School and Gonzaga College High School will play each other to see who is crowned State Champion.

Thanks, so texas has 3 brackets out of the 10 compared to CA's 1.  To bring more perspective the texas brackets are complete playoff brackets not a section of a bracket like CA.  

Side note: were or are you an active duty Colonel or does your avatar represent something else?  

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I was at that game and I gave DLS props for weeks after.  Always wanted to see them live to check out that O-Line coming off the ball. As an Old Marine SDI I appreciate precision in Drill.  To see a team with that many kids going both ways against ET was impressive.  But I also left thinking they would catch hell winning State here with that formula in the 6A playoffs.  ET plays a similar brand of football without all the 2 way players.   It was a Great game by 2 Power running Football teams.  I picked ET to win from the start even when some of my fellow Texans were not.  Ask SAMMY he had to pay up a charity Bet. 

I have nothing but respect for DLS.  Scrappy bunch of kids that just play hard no trash talking.  Just like the ET kids do.

Thanks. That was a good DLS team. I was pretty bummed. They had a shot, but couldn't pull it out. That's Texas though! Yeah. I agree that going both ways wouldn't fly in Texas 6A for a whole season. But we're in NorCal...play tough early...play the something something Valleys for a few weeks, then hit the playoffs running.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Thanks, so texas has 3 brackets out of the 10 compared to CA's 1.  To bring more perspective the texas brackets are complete playoff brackets not a section of a bracket like CA.  

Side note: were or are you an active duty Colonel or does your avatar represent something else?  

CA has had the top bracket in the country 4 years running according to this ranking. The CA Southern Section is the only bracket-like playoff grouping in the state, so CA will never have the ability to have more than one true bracket (under the current CIF setup).  The lower division playoff teams are seeded but they not grouped like the top 16 Division 1 Southern CA teams are before the season starts. 

No stolen valor here... not a Colonel. Just a nickname that stuck since college....probably from eating too much KFC.

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

sound like texes should get rid of all the extra dead weight in those three brackets and just have one elite bracket...and dont  call it 13A D13...just call it D1...

What division is the best? the 1st one

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

sound like texes should get rid of all the extra dead weight in those three brackets and just have one elite bracket...and dont  call it 13A D13...just call it D1...

What division is the best? the 1st one

No we don't need to do that.   2 of the divisions on the list include the entire 6A classification. That's ~250' teams,  that's impressive, it's not a section of a playoff like CA.  

How many teams are represented in the CIF southern section?  

Just now, Horsefly said:

No we don't need to do that.   2 of the divisions on the list include the entire 6A classification. That's ~250' teams,  that's impressive, it's not a section of a playoff like CA.  

yep...and you never really know who is the real state champ...In Cali it's the "Open Bowl Champ" and no one thinks it's the D1 AA champ. No one thinks Folsom would beat MD last year...the 2 best teams play in the final game of the year...that happens sometimes in Texas but can't be guaranteed  

9 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

yep...and you never really know who is the real state champ...In Cali it's the "Open Bowl Champ" and no one thinks it's the D1 AA champ. No one thinks Folsom would beat MD last year...the 2 best teams play in the final game of the year...that happens sometimes in Texas but can't be guaranteed  

I see what you did there.