In case any of the Texas posters want to see elite High School Football

Eddyr2

This what BG head coach at the time had to say about it.

“I know that all the other coaches in Texas probably don’t share his beliefs,” Sanchez said. “His message is when you lose, you can complain about it. We are all going to have losses, but you will never hear us complain. That is not what we’re all about.”

https://usatodayhss.com/2016/bishop-gorman-coach-kenny-sanchez-disappointed-with-letter-by-texas-coaches-association-president

36 minutes ago, Ararar said:

So he has to insinuate that they as a people are better than the kids and families at BG? What a whining A-hole.What,BG and other Privates don’t care about their community? Their families? No , this guy just needed to feel better about the ass kicking his state just got so he threw BG and all other privates under the bus and if that’s Texas “culture” you can keep it

You're overreacting, he's speaking to the Texas culture, the sportswriter as what sportswriters do wrote it to get a reaction, and here you are with two year old news article looking for a fight. Have at it, brah.

As a president of the association, I will say this... he stepped in it.

Regards,

BGW

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You're overreacting, he's speaking to the Texas culture, the sportswriter as what sportswriters do wrote it to get a reaction, and here you are with two year old news article looking for a fight. Have at it, brah.

Regards,

BGW

The letter written wasn't even penned under the coaches title as head of the TX coaches Assoc.  that's for a reason as this reflects ONLY his thoughts, not of the entire TX coaching profession.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

The letter written wasn't even penned under the coaches title as head of the TX coaches Assoc.  that's for a reason as this reflects ONLY his thoughts, not of the entire TX coaching profession.  

Gotcha, sportswriter wrote it for clicks and coach trusted just a little too much.

Media is NOT your friend, I've said that too many times to count. I've seen it when I played and my kid has been on the bad side of it. Once it's out, it's out.

Regards,

BGW

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Regards,

BGW

You can spin it anyway you want the fact remains the president of the coaches association whined about losing a football game

• Thanks 1

No OOS Power has visited Texas or played us more than once anywhere and have a winning record vs.Texas Elite. 

Cocoa came twice 1 -1   2011 L 36 - 20 to Skyline  2000 W 24 - 21 vs. Abilene

Bishop Gorman came twice 2006 L 56 -14 to 4A Power Gilmer worst loss in their History to this date

2016 W 44 - 14 vs. Cedar Hill

This was said b4 they played lil 3A GIlmer :  I do agree Coaches shouldn't whine after playing someone. 

apparently it is the best team in Nevada and they are pretty well known for recruiting. Their running back from last year signed with OU (DeMarco Murray). If you get on a Nevada high school sports forum you can tell they are pretty hated.
I've watched film on them but you dont know how good the competition is out there and they lost the running back and their quarterback and some other key positions.

Unreal..I can't imagine a high school getting stud players from other towns

for Gilmer against an out-of-state school, kickoff on the opening night for Texas high school football will be 8 p.m. on Aug. 31.
Gilmer returns to Tyler for the third time in 13 games, and is looking for its third victory to open the East Texas Football Classic in as many years. The Buckeyes have lost just one regular season game since the 2002 season and have not lost a district game since 2000.
Gilmer will be led by one of the top passing tandems across the Lone Star State: quarterback G.J. Kinne Jr. and wideout Curtis Brown. Kinne Jr. transferred to Gilmer earlier this spring from Canton, where his father, Gary Joe Kinne (now an assistant coach at Baylor), was honored as the National High School Coach of the Year in 2005 while the younger Kinne was the 3A Offensive Player of the Year.
Brown, who has committed to Texas, is regarded as one of the state's top skill players (WR/DB).
One of the top schools in Nevada, Bishop Gorman readies for its third out-of-state trip in as many years. The Gaels return eight starters from 2005, including massive lineman Po’u Palelei (6-4, 335; national recruit) and top running back Corey White (5-9, 200). Bishop Gorman is 16-0 in Southwest Conference play under head coach David White.
"Coming to Texas and being a part of such a big game is something our program appreciates," said White. "Gilmer is a great team and we look to gain some experience against a team with talent and speed. We're going to be young but we have a few senior leaders and a lot of young players who need to fill some holes

It was a slow start to the G.J. Kinne era in Gilmer, but he and the Buckeyes finished with a bang, beating Las Vegas Bishop Gorman 56-14. 

On the first play from scrimmage, Kinne's pass ended up in the hands of the wrong team, as the Gaels came up with the interception.  They would take a 7-0 lead.  On the Buckeye's second posession, wide receiver Curtis Brown fumbled on an end around.  It didn't look good.  But, that's when the Buckeyes came alive.  Junior Justin Johnson took the Kinne screen pass and weaved his way 58 yards for the tying touchdown.  It was 7-7 after the first quarter.  It would be 43-14 by halftime!  Johnson finished with three touchdowns; one through the air, one on the ground and one on an 80-yard kickoff return.  Kinne had three touchdown passes and a touchdown run in the first half alone.

Don't worry Gilmer Made sure no one has OOS bragging Rights when you tangle with us multiple times.  Worst ass whipping in their history.

Even then the story was about them recruiting: What's funny 3 of those Gilmer Kids went to the NFL. :D

It's been highly talked about so I figured I would go ahead and start a poll to see how many people think Gilmer can beat a recruiting program like Bishop. What do ya'll think?

19 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Yep. He cried about an azz-whooping in writing for all to see!  

That Azz-whooping wasn't delivered by your state.  All you need to know is that in the most relevant game between TX and CA, you all are our B- -ch! 

this pic says it all.  😂 

everytime I want a good laugh, I look at this pic.   A team that had a new HC and returned 5 starters. 

IMG_1473.JPG.500f60e23e081d71e78a66166278c1db.JPG 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Don't worry Gilmer Made sure no one has OOS bragging Rights when you tangle with us multiple times.  Worst ass whipping in their history.

Even then the story was about them recruiting: What's funny 3 of those Gilmer Kids went to the NFL. :D

It's been highly talked about so I figured I would go ahead and start a poll to see how many people think Gilmer can beat a recruiting program like Bishop. What do ya'll think?

Whoa there partner.

This is a fight between CA and TX.

Leave our poor tiny undersized Gaels out of it. 

Carry on! 

7 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Whoa there partner.

This is a fight between CA and TX.

Leave our poor tiny undersized Gaels out of it. 

Carry on! 

You know how I feel about the BG Team that I watched.  Just adding perspective.  Not trying to draw in a Bordering State. :D  I am not in this one either.  Just adding perspective to BG had never been beaten in Texas.  You would figure Gilmer is just one of those sorry lil 3A schools in Texas.  There is always excuses when one loses.  Like BG wasn't BG.  Murray had just left.  Goes both ways.  I am not big on coaches bitching after getting Bitch slapped. Don't play a game and then whine about it.  Cedar Hill didn't complain.  That game was hard fought till the 4th qtr.  That BG Defense was the fastest, best tacking HS football team I have ever seen in person and they wore on CH till the gates broke.  With that said how do you think Ali Baggio will do @ Cal.  I read he had a great spring game. 

35 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That Bishop Gorman team was 6-5 and finished #11 in NV....

The Bishop also lost 34-0 to Rock Bridge, MO....and, bowed out in the 2nd RD of the NV playoffs.

smdh

That 2006 Rock Bridge team was really good. They were ranked #1 in MO that year and were nationally ranked by student sports that year. 

http://www.columbiatribune.com/054a0006-5782-11e3-a509-10604b9f6eda.html

“By Rus Baer

Posted Nov 27, 2013 at 12:01 AMUpdated Nov 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Seven years ago, Rock Bridge had an unbeatable football team.

Led by the relentless running of Scott Concannon and the pinpoint passing of Logan Gray, the Bruins were unbeaten late in the 2006 season, ranked No. 1 in the state, nationally ranked by StudentSports.com and fully expected to claim the school’s first state title in football since 1977.”

This is just more proof that the Gaels have a history of taking on risk games. Games which are not guaranteed victories. And this is the Gaels history for about 20 years now. Long before they were known nationally. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

That 2006 Rock Bridge team was really good. They were ranked #1 in MO that year and we’re nationally ranked by student sports that year. 

http://www.columbiatribune.com/054a0006-5782-11e3-a509-10604b9f6eda.html

“By Rus Baer

Posted Nov 27, 2013 at 12:01 AMUpdated Nov 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Seven years ago, Rock Bridge had an unbeatable football team.

Led by the relentless running of Scott Concannon and the pinpoint passing of Logan Gray, the Bruins were unbeaten late in the 2006 season, ranked No. 1 in the state, nationally ranked by StudentSports.com and fully expected to claim the school’s first state title in football since 1977.”

This is just more proof that the Gaels have a history of taking on risk games. Games which are not guaranteed victories. And this is the Gaels history for about 20 years now. Long before they were known nationally. 

They lost to a very good Gilmer team and a very good Rock Bridge team that year.  Gilmer was loaded with a lot of talent on that squad and they didn't win State.  Their QB, WR and RB were as good as any 3 in the State that year.   Still impressive regardless how someone tries to dismiss it.  They still have the Largest Margin of Victory over BG in their history.  BG is a helluva program and Gilmer is still one of the best Lil Guys we have in State. If I get the chance I will tell you an interesting story about a conversation @Texasballand I had on the sidelines with the old Lady Sideline reporter for Gilmer Football as we talked to her about you guys playing Cedar Hill that year.  Funny stuff and it will let you know what bEast Texas is all about. 

That BG Team was the Best damn HS team I ever seen in Person.  (Period)  Don't mean some others couldn't beat them including some great Texas teams.  But that was a great HS Football team and a pleasure to see them kids ball out in Person.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You know how I feel about the BG Team that I watched.  Just adding perspective.  Not trying to draw in a Bordering State. :D  I am not in it either.  Just adding perspective to BG had never been beaten in Texas.

Texas has great football teams this is indisputable. But heck could you imagine a game between Allen and MD at Jerry’s world? Or Lake Travis vs SJB? These would be amazing games. Hey @Gardensateballer if you can make these games happen I’ll donate money to your favorite charity. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Texas has great football teams this is indisputable. But heck could you imagine a game between Allen and MD at Jerry’s world? Or Lake Travis vs SJB? These would be amazing games. Hey @Gardensateballer if you can make these games happen I’ll donate money to your favorite charity. 

Yes they be a great games.  To be the top team in the state IMO, lake Travis predistrict schedule leaves a lot to be desired this year.  

40 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Would be awesome.   I wish they did a preseason TX vs. Nation.  TX top 5 vs. #1's from Ca, Fl, Ga, Oh and I at large at the Death Star.  Yeah people get all twisted over 1 game State vs. State.  Hell I could go to Hawaii and stack a Team and beat most powers.  That doesn't mean HI football is better.  I think getting bent out of shape over losing is comical including my fellow Texans.  Great Football is played in many places.  The Culture of football isn't.  IMHO that is what makes Texas unique and what is protected like hell.  I love Eagle Stadium in Allen but I will assure you come August WOS and Newton will be that experience in more in a smaller venue.  The fact in Texas 3A & 4A generate just as much if not more interest than a Allen vs. MD.  That is what makes Texas football.  

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes they be a great games.  To be the top team in the state IMO, lake Travis predistrict schedule leaves a lot to be desired this year.  

Well it is what it is. I don't know if other teams LT wanted didn't commit to other  games already (Judson, Steele) might meet Judson in playoffs. Still driving about 414 miles for each game to Arlington the 1st 2 weeks.....OOS for most states.

5 minutes ago, State Champ said:

Well it is what it is. I don't know if other teams LT wanted didn't commit to other  games already (Judson, Steele) might meet Judson in playoffs. Still driving about 414 miles for each game to Arlington the 1st 2 weeks.....OOS for most states.

Martin will be a small speed bump for them.  I see a 42-14 type score.  LT has been to the metroplex a few times already, a LT game SLC or ET would be good too.

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

You know how I feel about the BG Team that I watched.  Just adding perspective.  Not trying to draw in a Bordering State. :D  I am not in this one either.  Just adding perspective to BG had never been beaten in Texas.  You would figure Gilmer is just one of those sorry lil 3A schools in Texas.  There is always excuses when one loses.  Like BG wasn't BG.  Murray had just left.  Goes both ways.  I am not big on coaches bitching after getting Bitch slapped. Don't play a game and then whine about it.  Cedar Hill didn't complain.  That game was hard fought till the 4th qtr.  That BG Defense was the fastest, best tacking HS football team I have ever seen in person and they wore on CH till the gates broke.

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

With that said how do you think Ali Baggio will do @ Cal.  I read he had a great spring game. 

Hey I didn't see this the first time around. It was a special time when Biaggio Ali Walsh was at Gorman. On a few occasions his grandfather Muhammad Ali was at the games watching Biaggio. Ali was in poor health but it was great to see one of my favorite boxers alive. May he rest in peace. Around that time we also had Snoop Dogg's son at Gorman so his father would be at the games too. And I'm not sure why but Flav or Flav still attends Gorman games (Yeah Boiiiii).

Biaggio is a good humble kid. I don't know much about the Cal football program. They are average at best. But the University is top notch and I hope that he gets his diploma.

• Like 1