NorCal Top 20

FolsomPrisonBlues

5 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Where you been Block? 

I personally think DLS should be #1 until someone dethrones them. Word on the street is this could be Pitt's best team ever. Folsom or Pitt could finally topple DLS this year. 

You don't get a top preseason ranking based on past results. You get a top preseason ranking based on projected results. 

These rankings are spot on. I think Pitt is better than DLS personally. 

50 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You don't get a top preseason ranking based on past results. You get a top preseason ranking based on projected results. 

DLS is better is expected to be quite a bit better this year than last. Should be: 

1 - DLS

2 - Folsom

3 - Pitt

And I'm a Folsom fan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

DLS is better is expected to be quite a bit better this year than last. Should be: 

1 - DLS

2 - Folsom

3 - Pitt

And I'm a Folsom fan

I could care less who you are a fan of. You don't live in folsom nor do you have any connection to the team. 

The NorCal prep rankings are spot on. Awards aren't given for last years results. 

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You do when you can base those preseason results on the last 30 years.

34 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I could care less who you are a fan of. You don't live in folsom nor do you have any connection to the team. 

The NorCal prep rankings are spot on. Awards aren't given for last years results. 

Its not just last year.

Its the last 30 years.

DLS thumped Pitt last year and DLS is suppose to be better too. 

Theres absolutely nothing that says Folsom is better than DLS either.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Block you're such a nerd LOL. You're truly a disgrace to the Folsom program. Your only connection to Folsom is living there. PERIOD. I doubt you've played a down of football in your life. 

No wonder absolutely everyone hates your guts on the norcal boards. How many names are you at now?! Last I checked it was 17. 

5 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Block you're such a nerd LOL. You're truly a disgrace to the Folsom program. Your only connection to Folsom is living there. PERIOD. I doubt you've played a down of football in your life. 

No wonder absolutely everyone hates your guts on the norcal boards. How many names are you at now?! Last I checked it was 17. 

Wow. That was sure manic.

That literally had nothing to do with football. I am not here for a popularity contest, nor do I have any clue what other sites you are quoting. Weirdo. 

Folsom is #1 in NorCal. Accept it. 

3 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Heard this may be Jesuits best team ever.

Doubt they'll be better that their undefeated '95 and '02 teams or even the '98 team that blew out all comers until getting blown out themselves by Lance Briggs and his once in a lifetime juggernaut team in Elk Grove. Even their '99 team was pretty darn good too.

The '98 and '99 teams lost to teams led by future NFL talents. Nothing to be shamed about, for sure.

We'll see what they do though.

14 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Doubt they'll be better that their undefeated '95 and '02 teams or even the '98 team that blew out all comers until getting blown out themselves by Lance Briggs and his once in a lifetime juggernaut team in Elk Grove. Even their '99 team was pretty darn good too.

The '98 and '99 teams lost to teams led by future NFL talents. Nothing to be shamed about, for sure.

We'll see what they do though.

Going by Davidson and the fact that I have deep respect for Blanton and I believe this is the first year the kids are all his program kids. 

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article215373010.html

6 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

What is the deal with Brentwood Liberty? I’ve seen them ranked in other polls. Are they really that good? 

Yes. They are not far from Pitt and have been the beneficiary of the talent that is in that area. If they had one school in that area, it would be unbelievable. Liberty has a QB named butterfield that is highly regarded. They’ll be good. @GloryDays can speak to them better than I. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Per NorCalPreps site top 20. 

1] Folsom
2] Pitt
3] DLS

4] Liberty
5] Serra
6] Jesuit
7] Central Fresno
8] St. Francis
9] Del Oro
10] Buchanan [Clovis]
11] Oak Ridge
12] Freedom
13] Granite Bay
14] Sheldon
15] San Ramon Valley
16] St. Mary's
17] Valley Christian
18] Placer
19] Tulare Union
20] Inderkum

Block. This is an epic fail. Even for you, C'mon, man! This is the closest Folsom is going to get to #1xD

If anyone cares to see what the real order is, see below. And there's a nice write up on Liberty-Brentwood FYI.

NCP Preseason Football Top 20: 1-5

Nens1jvjbfsgj0oc6ynl

Douglas Benton • NorCalPreps.rivals.com

5. St. Francis, Mountain View (11-4)

The Lancers start 2018 as the slight favorite in the West Catholic Athletic League due to the return of highly coveted DE/OLB Joshua Pakola, running back Darrell Page, wide receiver/defensive back Maurice Wilmer and wide receiver/defensive back Evan Williams, who made numerous key plays in the state bowl win. St. Francis has home non-league games against Notre Dame-Sherman Oaks and De La Salle and plays five of its first seven games at home before ending on the road against Bellarmine and Serra in the final three weeks.

Rqyve3clvdxwfuezwni2

Nick Lucero/Rivals.com

4. Liberty (11-2)

Liberty will start 2018 in the top five on the heels of a strong finish last year, which included the North Coast Section Division I title. The Lions are led by quarterback Jay Butterfield, who has a host of weapons in Tyerell Sturges-Cofer, Sione Vaki, Jordyn Turner and Peyton Borrelli. Defensively, watch for Nicholas Einess and Ethan Dumond. Top 20 teams McClymonds and Cardinal Newman join Gilroy, Vacaville and Rocklin in the non-league schedule. They host Freedom on September 28 and travel to Pittsburg on October 19 as part of the strong Bay Valley Athletic League.

Klkkldecrqny9agjfl0b

3. Pittsburg (9-3)

Coming off one of the best seasons under head coach Vic Galli, the Pirates are in position for even more in 2018. They will have quarterback Trey Turner on the field after he missed his entire junior season in addition to Justin Boyd (at wide receiver after playing quarterback last year), Willie Harts, Premier Murphy, Darrion Bartley and incoming tight end transfer Koby Gross from San Ramon Valley. One of the nation’s best defensive tackles, Jacob Bandes, will lead a strong defense which includes Harts, De’jon Benton, Jack Lacy and Jaden Tauanu’u among others. There are no breaks in the non-league with Clayton Valley Charter, St. Mary’s-Stockton, Centennial, Serra and Vacaville on the docket.

Tpwvqwzkhcqze6c5fhqp

Nick Lucero/Rivals.com

2. Folsom (16-0)

The Bulldogs had historically good teams in 2010 and 2014. Will 2017 join those groups? It has the returning firepower especially on offense with quarterback Kaiden Bennett and wide receivers Joe Ngata, Elijhah Badger and Parker Clayton. They also return two offensive lineman and eight starters on defense. Lineman Tyler Hardeman, defensive back CJ Hutton and junior lineman Deshawn Lynch are some players to watch. The August 17 opener at De La Salle has the expected attention, but the Bulldogs will also play Jesuit, Antelope and travel to Chaminade before the Sierra Foothill League action. They end the year on the road against Grant and Del Oro.

Niglbstht0ulp2d1jyxd

Rivals.com

1 .De La Salle (11-2)

De La Salle starts the season at No. 1 in NorCal again, but will have its biggest test to that claim on August 17 when it hosts No. 2 Folsom. The Spartans are primed with strong returners led by nationally ranked running back/linebacker Henry To’oto’o and tight end/defensive end Isaiah Foskey. They also bring back some good options at quarterback, running back/defensive back Shamar Garrett, defensive linemen Michael Puckett and Beaux Tagaloa, linebacker Jhasi Wilson and defensive back Taveis Marshall. De La Salle has two expected returners on the offensive line. After hosting the Bulldogs, De La Salle plays Central Catholic, Bishop O’Dowd, St. Francis, Bishop Gorman and Buchanan before finishing with four games against East Bay Athletic League foes.

You May Also Like
  •  

• Thanks 1