If both Narbonne & Centennial CA lose OOS ...

ECHS05

Will it finally confirm California has little depth behind those top 2 teams? 

Narbonne & Centennial are top 6 teams in the entire state. Being top 6 in a state the size of CA, those teams should easily pummel Chandler & St. Louis. 

If they lose... Can we put it to rest that these CA teams not named Mater Dei & St. John Bosco are nub-sausages? Yes? Thanks... 

I say Top 6, because Corona Centennial is #5 and Narbonne #6 in the 5-poll compilation made from USAToday, MaxPreps, FloFootball, HSFA, & PrepForce.

21 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Narbonne got 56 put on them last year by Hawaii. 

They won a title after that 

California is trending down big time 

The won the 3rd tier title meaning they were the best team after the top 64 teams...they won’t got out of the first round of the CIF SS D1 playoffs

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That is so off-base I dont even know where to start.

No better than #2, no worse than #5.

They wouldn’t have gotten out of the first round of the CIF SS D1 playoffs last years...they were are the Servite level but since the play in the LA Section they won a “State Title”.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Narbonne & Centennial are top 6 teams in the entire state. Being top 6 in a state the size of CA, those teams should easily pummel Chandler & St. Louis. 

If they lose... Can we put it to rest that these CA teams not named Mater Dei & St. John Bosco are nub-sausages? Yes? Thanks... 

Not so fast.  Top 10 Calif teams usually play OOS teams that are ranked higher.  These are no OOS layups.

Nobody has "pummeled" Chandler or St. Louis in a loooong time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I say Top 6, because Corona Centennial is #5 and Narbonne #6 in the 5-poll compilation made from USAToday, MaxPreps, FloFootball, HSFA, & PrepForce.

First off, Narbonne may be over rated similar to Chaminade was last year.  Cen10 beat them 50-6 so there was a pretty good gap.  Yes they gave up 56 to the best team in Hawaii but I think they scored 52.  Narbonne likely would not have gotten out of D1SS first round so that automatically puts them at no better than 17 in the south last year.  I doubt they have improved that much. 

As for Cen10, this year, they may be over rated at 5.  You can’t underestimate the fact that they had an excellent QB with very few weapons.  A lot of people are assuming QB is a simple plug and play position and they won’t miss a beat.  Chandler is a top team in AZ and based on what they did to Miami NW, they could hurt a lot of teams.  

Plus, for a guy that’s so analytical, I can’t believe you keep trotting out the size of a state automatically means more good teams argument.  I could say that for a country the size of China, with their population, they sure suck at HS football and it would be accurate, but overlooks demographics etc.  Just because HS football is clearly one of the biggest things in GA, doesn’t mean all states, and subsequently the inhabitants, are into it as much.   As I’ve stated before, you could ask everyone on my street about Centennial football, and not find anyone that has a clue.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, On2whls said:

First off, Narbonne may be over rated similar to Chaminade was last year.  Cen10 beat them 50-6 so there was a pretty good gap.  Yes they gave up 56 to the best team in Hawaii but I think they scored 52.  Narbonne likely would not have gotten out of D1SS first round so that automatically puts them at no better than 17 in the south last year.  I doubt they have improved that much. 

As for Cen10, this year, they may be over rated at 5.  You can’t underestimate the fact that they had an excellent QB with very few weapons.  A lot of people are assuming QB is a simple plug and play position and they won’t miss a beat.  Chandler is a top team in AZ and based on what they did to Miami NW, they could hurt a lot of teams.  

Plus, for a guy that’s so analytical, I can’t believe you keep trotting out the size of a state automatically means more good teams argument.  I could say that for a country the size of China, with their population, they sure suck at HS football and it would be accurate, but overlooks demographics etc.  Just because HS football is clearly one of the biggest things in GA, doesn’t mean all states, and subsequently the inhabitants, are into it as much.   As I’ve stated before, you could ask everyone on my street about Centennial football, and not find anyone that has a clue.

8BB908E5-2A73-4177-AA2F-29B8975F56BC.gif

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Narbonne & Centennial are top 6 teams in the entire state. Being top 6 in a state the size of CA, those teams should easily pummel Chandler & St. Louis

Well Chandler sure proved that the south has no depth (looking at you Valdosta and MNW) after getting beat by Centennial for like the 3rd time in a row.I don’t think 🤔 you thought this all way through 😂.Narboone and Centennial are playing the very best those two states have to offer while not being the best in their own state

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, On2whls said:

You beat me to it.

It's bizarre to argue that if Cen10 is top 5 in CA, then they should easily beat Chandler of AZ, since CA has a much larger population than AZ, since it completely ignores (among other things) how many families in CA care nothing at all about HSFB.

By that same logic, Cen10 should easily beat BG of NV, since the population of CA dwarfs the population of NV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Aren't you the guy who ranked OLu above Colquitt County in your preseason rankings?

Where's GA's depth, when the third best team in the Trinity League is ranked higher than the should-have-been state champions of GA?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

By that same logic, Cen10 should easily beat BG of NV, since the population of CA dwarfs the population of NV.

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Where's GA's depth, when the third best team in the Trinity League is ranked higher than the should-have-been state champions of GA?

Don't start using sound logic around these parts. If it doesn't fit the agenda, it will be ignored or distorted in some way.

Funny, for all the crap the Folsom guy gets around these parts -- there's lots of long time posters (mostly looking at you GA!) that follow the exact same M.O. of ignoring evidence that contradicts their agenda, constantly moving goal posts and/or going full on straw-man.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

You beat me to it.

It's bizarre to argue that if Cen10 is top 5 in CA, then they should easily beat Chandler of AZ, since CA has a much larger population than AZ, since it completely ignores (among other things) how many families in CA care nothing at all about HSFB.

Cen10 isn’t even the biggest HS school on their own street.  There’s another High School a mile away with over 4,000 students, so i suppose Cen10 should lose to them every time they play?    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Cen10 isn’t even the biggest HS school on their own street.  There’s another High School a mile away with over 4,000 students, so i suppose Cen10 should lose to them every time they play?    

LOL.  My older daughter went to Cen10 and the younger to Santiago.  Guess which team’s games they both went to.

• Like 1

What a troll OP

first, CC and Narbonne are #6 and #7 in CA in a comp poll that peanut just put out a few hours ago — if anyone else misrepresented where they were ranked in CA, it could be an error.  Peanut just lying 

2nd, chandler is a top 10 team in the country that would be favored over everyone in GA except maybe Grayson — so if it’s shameful that CA’s 6th best team would be no worse than #2 in GA then consider ya shamed

3rd, st Louis is a top 20 national team and, has been discussed, no one in CA really that confident in Narbonne at #7 — could be Pittsburg or Santa margarita or Mission Viejo or oaks or any of the 3 Serra’s etc.  so if a fringe top 10 CA team is going to be embarrassed playing a top 20 national team 3,000 miles from home, then color us blush rose 

fourth, thank you for highlighting how CA’s 2nd level teams playbtop national completion — GA’s top teams play ISB more than all the national top 25 teams together when not hosting CA’s #60 team as their marquee OOS game

Georgia is a cute little state full of mediocre teams — CA would have to trend down for decades to get to the level that GA can kiss our ass 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, On2whls said:

But, but, but, but Florida's got tourists, cockroaches and old blue haired ladies driving Buicks, how'd you 'splain that? Louisiana pumps out studs per capita, I see your argument... just don't think it's a solid.

Granted China is a good argument if we knew what the actually heck China is doing in terms of athletic endeavors. Football certainly ain't one of the pursuits.

Just a thought,

BGW

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

But, but, but, but Florida's got tourists, cockroaches and old blue haired ladies driving Buicks, how'd you 'splain that? Louisiana pumps out studs per capita, I see your argument... just don't think it's a solid.

Granted China is a good argument if we knew what the actually heck China is doing in terms of athletic endeavors. Football certainly ain't one of the pursuits.

Just a thought,

BGW

Fla or LA aren’t CA.  Those are not apples to apples comparisons.  Some equations simply aren’t linear.