DLS VS FOLSOM OFFICIAL GAME THREAD DLS 14 folsom ZERO!!!!!

AztecPadre

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

Good for you. Won’t change the shape of that L. Anyways boys. It’s been fun. The water in this place is rising with all these tears and I got to get up tomorrow to foul the winning ball coach. ✌🏼

Sure wont. But the true story of the game is told. And its concerning. Good luck though. 

4 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Close counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and atomic bombs. The scoreboard at the end under Folsom was not crooked.

C'mon PG. That's a ridiculous response coming from you. It's hiding behind the fact that the play was called wrong.

So let me ask you this:  In an entirely different situation where a player clearly scores -- think Zach Ertz in last years Superbowl -- but lack of replay needed to overturn means the official's initial call stands and Philly loses the SB because of it, is your response the same? That close counts in horseshoes .... ? despite the fact that you know the play was called incorrectly and he really did score?

I'm not contesting against the fact that the game is 'officially' ruled a shut out. I get that it is. But just be real about it. That's all. It's a shut out due to a technicality and human error. Nothing more.

I'll guarantee that if the exact opposite occurred and Folsom was gifted a TD they didn't actually score, the tune would suddenly change.

As you were.

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Someones a little salty tonight.  Jeez

Must be shark week

Absolutely not salty. Just believe in being fair. I don't like when people exaggerate one way or the other. And sometimes with you it's hard to judge when you're serious and not. My apology if I misjudged.

With regard to the game, DLS won. Folsom lost. It was a closely contested game decided by a couple plays. And Folsom made more errors (forced and unforced) than DLS did. That was the difference. </END OF STORY>

8 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

People on these boards know nothing except for hyperbole.  Folsom was the better team in the first half.  DLS finally wore them down in the second.

That said, DLS is vulnerable.  Hoping we get to see Pittsburg play them.

If Folsom hadn't been in town, some chance I might have been at the Pitt /CVC game.  I knew the Uglies had some players, cuz I saw em last year, but am kinda shocked by the final result.

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The pregame hype and back and forth on this forum for this Game was great.  The game is the 200+ replay of some NorCal Team supposedly being able to beat the Spartans.  DLS is a great team and as an Old DI their precision and execution though not fancy just proves that eventually you just do you and the other bunch doesn't have the patience or discipline to maintain.  Folsom was more physically gifted but that is not a disciplined football team. Hopefully it was just 1st game problems.  But that QB can't read a 2nd grade defense.      Good Job Spartans much Respect.  Good Job Cali my 2nd home I still enjoyed the game.  HS Football is here.   

Now I will watch my Monarch's rep the 1stMarDiv and kick ass all year. 

Great take. From all the hype the folsom posters have been giving Bennett, I expected WAY more. He will no way be a qb at the next level. He should move to WR now, to start learning his new position sooner. 

9 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

You don’t think it’s a little funny that in the middle of a live game broadcast they show the audience a picture from an iPhone explaining why this two touchdown shutout loss would be different if the call went our way?   

B4590FF2-3FCF-4052-A0ED-538E04BE7232.gif

Wait what happened? Haha who did this? Wait let me guess, the folsom broadcast? If its them, you need not wonder why they dont belong with the big boys. This is folsoms greatest team ever and couldn't score a single point against a good but not great DLS team. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

... You guys built this shit up for 8 months like it was the greatest thing ever...

I heard how awesome Folsoms offense was and all these great athletes were all over the field.

Folsom then comes out and scores 0 points while turning it over 5 times.. Undisciplined and mentally soft due to lack of playing real competition.... Thats what happens.

Wait what's this you guys?

6 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

C'mon PG. That's a ridiculous response coming from you. It's hiding behind the fact that the play was called wrong.

So let me ask you this:  In an entirely different situation where a player clearly scores -- think Zach Ertz in last years Superbowl -- but lack of replay needed to overturn means the official's initial call stands and Philly loses the SB because of it, is your response the same? That close counts in horseshoes .... ? despite the fact that you know the play was called incorrectly and he really did score?

I'm not contesting against the fact that the game is 'officially' ruled a shut out. I get that it is. But just be real about it. That's all. It's a shut out due to a technicality and human error. Nothing more.

I'll guarantee that if the exact opposite occurred and Folsom was gifted a TD they didn't actually score, the tune would suddenly change.

As you were.

Thunder, I respect you a ton, but what do you want me to do here? It was Richardsons first and only shutout as a HC. I’m I supposed to put an asterisk on it. Who is to say the ball doesn’t get put down on the 1 and de la Salle stops them on downs? I was watching the play, the line judge next to the play thought it was a fumble. That’s why he didn’t blow the whistle. He let the play happen and dls recovered. Immediately he ran to his other crew members to see if they had a better angle. Nobody else could revert his call. It’s unfortunate, but that’s part of the game. Anyways, just follow how we got here. I made a comment on the shutout, you said I have to be real and that was about as close of a TD as possible, so my response is close doesn’t matter for my original statement to hold true. It was a great game by Folsom but it is what it is a shutout

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Curious to know, how you know that pic was from the fumble?

That was a picture from the CBS live stream which is what I watched for the game. 

I hate to sound salty because DLS has a truly great defense this year but anyone who actually watched the game cannot honestly say that DLS was clearly better than Folsom. Folsom defense shut down DLS run completely and they moved the ball easier on offense. Turnovers killed Folsom and you can’t turn the ball over against the mighty Spartans. 

Overall proud of how Folsom played. 

5 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

That was a picture from the CBS live stream which is what I watched for the game. 

I hate to sound salty because DLS has a truly great defense this year but anyone who actually watched the game cannot honestly say that DLS was clearly better than Folsom. Folsom defense shut down DLS run completely and they moved the ball easier on offense. Turnovers killed Folsom and you can’t turn the ball over against the mighty Spartans. 

Overall proud of how Folsom played. 

I get it EH, it’s the way many at DLS felt after Trinity but just being honest it does sound salty and takes away from the game the DLS kids played.