DLS VS FOLSOM OFFICIAL GAME THREAD DLS 14 folsom ZERO!!!!!

AztecPadre

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I have given credit. Again, many non DLS guys on here will hold the same opinion. It’s not a good comparison. Folsom D was good, but it’s a bad comparison 

I don't think I'm so much comparing as I am just putting things into perspective for a team like Folsom. 

I think you understand. 

31 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I agree with everything you said except for this.

Not even Mater Dei or Bishop Gorman held DLS to 14 points in one game. In Folsom played nobody, they would have been BLOWN OUT in this game. They were EVERY bit as physical as DLS. In fact, they had a chance to win. But, they didn't. I DO think that Folsoms coaching staff was not ready for this caliber of a team or defense. Some very questionable calls and unwillingness to stick with the run, which was working. Like you said, this works against Del Oro, but not DLS. I think they could have done a better job. But, it's week 0! What more can you say? Both teams will improve. 

I think people will say Folsom is as advertised and DLS is what they are. I don't think many of us were surprised.

It was a great game though to be at. A fun 6 months lead up.....over the top at times, but it is what it is. 

Good luck to you the rest of the year. I will be rootin you on!

But why didn’t you show your face?

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

To summarize.... Folsom finally plays someone with a pulse and gets blanked. 

I’ll go out on a limb and predict The bulldogs will beat everybody else             63-14 ish the rest of the year and beat a garbage helix team by 2-3 tds. 

Don't forget. They're shitty defense gave up 14 points to a DLS team that everyone said would have a running clock in the 3rd quarter!

Folsom sucks!!!!!

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Okay not home cooking. Just bad refs. It’s not just this game though, you see it constantly on all levels. Part of the reason football is slowly dying. The refs have too much say in the game. 

The only possible bad call of game was the fumble. Hard to tell live and happened in front of us. DLS has more penalties than Folsom I believe. Several holding, face mask and personal foul called on DLS and the obvious false start blunders.  

The other penalty that killed Folsom was presnap penalty on long run. Not a question on that one. 

I thought refs left them play. There were several blatant holding and PI penalties on Folsom that weren’t called as well.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Thunder, I respect you a ton, but what do you want me to do here? It was Richardsons first and only shutout as a HC. I’m I supposed to put an asterisk on it. Who is to say the ball doesn’t get put down on the 1 and de la Salle stops them on downs? I was watching the play, the line judge next to the play thought it was a fumble. That’s why he didn’t blow the whistle. He let the play happen and dls recovered. Immediately he ran to his other crew members to see if they had a better angle. Nobody else could revert his call. It’s unfortunate, but that’s part of the game. Anyways, just follow how we got here. I made a comment on the shutout, you said I have to be real and that was about as close of a TD as possible, so my response is close doesn’t matter for my original statement to hold true. It was a great game by Folsom but it is what it is a shutout

Exactly. Every game is filled with missed opportunities,  penalties, misreads, bad calls, etc. If you want go there and claim Folsom should have had a td, well the same could be for Spartans, who easily should have had 2 more scores in second half, but because of fumble at the one yard line, and penalties killing another irst and goal inside 10  yd. drive, forcing them to have to try and kick a fg which missed. This crying by Folsom fans really should be done on their own Folsom forum, and not on a national one. It looks bad. How many first, and early season game disasters have the spartans had over the years ? Folsom wanted spartans early in the season whereby they had their best chance at beating them, and they could'nt get it done. More props for Dela, who took the game, knowing they would not be anywhere near their best, and accommodated Folsom. Folsom should stop the whining  and learn from this game. First games are a crap shoot, and Folsom showed they are a very good team, but not elite. Damn good though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BraceFace69 said:

Anyone else see Pitt lost to Clayton Valley 😂

talk about overrated...

Effing Pitt! Those guys are killing me. That’s TWO years in a row I said “this is their year”on here, take crap for it, and they go out and shit the bed to prove the doubters right. Lol! Killing me smalls!!!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Hale isn't nearly good enough to beat any of the squads DLS is ranked amongst nationally (except a grossly overrated Folsom).

The hype surrounding him his part of the reason I tuned in, and I was terribly disappointed. I'm not dissing the kid, but he has A LOT of work to do. A LOT!!

We know !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I know what ya mean. Both of these teams  are still a notch or two below MD and SJB.and the likes. 

With IMG taking it on the chin last night and SFA losing qb we might be looking at MD and SJB being on their own stratosphere this season  ..... 

still want to see STA and BG though. 

But we need to give props to CC for dismantling a national power in chandler. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

With IMG taking it on the chin last night and SFA losing qb we might be looking at MD and SJB being on their own stratosphere this season  ..... 

Let’s not forget the Texas boys ....Allen,LT and the like

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Problem is... DLS wasn't very physical on either side of the ball.

Worst DLS team I've personally seen play. 

And omfg... Has either team heard of hydration? I think every player had a cramp at one point. Both Folsom and DLS lack depth. When either have to play a true top team, that lack of conditioning is going to end in a blow out.

Hydration challenges aside. I agree with this. Both teams need to develop their second strings like yesterday. It was the first (and big) game so the starters pretty much went the distance. But they need depth to compete at any higher level than this game. 

10 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I have a feeling that BG is going to be right in the mix, though no one is talking about them. MD better not sleep on them, and I actually "feel" that is a pickum game.

3 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I have a feeling that BG is going to be right in the mix, though no one is talking about them. MD better not sleep on them, and I actually "feel" that is a pickum game.

I’d make MD a td or so favorite even in Vegas. But I would never sleep on BG. 

4 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I was feeling good about DLS against he Bishop his year. I now see that Sparty’s got some work to do offensively to make it a game this time around. I think the defense will be fine.