Aquinas vs Dematha 8/25/2018

StAllThewaY

Tough game to call. Aquinas has been poor on offense the last few years against the better teams they played. Their defense has been solid to elite at times as well. 

This will be a low scoring game. If Dematha can get some quick scores it might be hard to catch up. And STA struggles against Dematha type teams. A lot of team speed. 

STA has got studs everywhere too. It's a tough call. I picked Dematha in the pick em, but I feel STA can win this early season game. I hope so 

• Thanks 1

Denatha has some VERY GOOD running backs..and a few other top notch skill postion player like wr demarco hellams and safty nick cross. But im not sure about there qb i heard he was better tham last year and outside of cross and mayb one other player i dont think there defense can hang...would love dematha to keep up there recent success against flordia teams

• Thanks 1

DeMatha has the talent to beat STA. The reason they were down last season is because the offense was broken. I’ve never seen anything like it. They just couldn’t score enough to beat teams like Gorman or SJC. If the new OC and QB click, they will surprise everyone this season. If not, they may not make it through the WCAC semi’s for the second year in a row. 

The top players to look out for on offensive may look young, but all hold P5 offers...

RB Marshawn Lloyd(Jr.)

WR Kaden Prather(Soph.)

RB Sieh Bangura(Soph.)

WR Jalen Clyatt(Soph.)

Defensively,

S DeMarcco Hellams(Sr. Alabama)

S Nick Cross(Sr. Florida State)

LB Greg Penn(Soph.)

DL Coziah Izzard(Jr.)

DE Colin Mobley(Soph.)

DL Golden Achumba(Jr.)

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dmv_elite said:

Denatha has some VERY GOOD running backs..and a few other top notch skill postion player like wr demarco hellams and safty nick cross. But im not sure about there qb i heard he was better tham last year and outside of cross and mayb one other player i dont think there defense can hang...would love dematha to keep up there recent success against flordia teams

I agree...great running back and good receivers but not great at QB and offensive line is a bit suspect. And they may miss the two coordinators they have to replace...especially on defense. I saw them last week and they don't look like the elite DeMatha teams of a few years back. In Florida I'm going with STA 20-13.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Tough game to call. Aquinas has been poor on offense the last few years against the better teams they played. Their defense has been solid to elite at times as well. 

This will be a low scoring game. If Dematha can get some quick scores it might be hard to catch up. And STA struggles against Dematha type teams. A lot of team speed. 

STA has got studs everywhere too. It's a tough call. I picked Dematha in the pick em, but I feel STA can win this early season game. I hope so 

#1 Fla vs # 5 MD/DC...Will determine if Florida is trending down again

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

#2 Cali didn't fare well against #13 Florida last year. Trending down Cali

plus who said STA was number 1 right now? 

Fla peaked in week 0 last year with a regulation tie.

SJB was coached up.   You remember  what coaching is don’t you Nolebull?  It’s that thing that left Florida when George Smith retired.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Fla peaked in week 0 last year with a regulation tie.

SJB was coached up.   You know what coaching is don’t you Nolebull?  It’s that thing that left Florida when George Smith retired.

Tie in regulation 😂 

That's the best the number 2 team in Cali can do against the number 13 team from Florida? 

Actually the competition outside of MD got substantially easier. 

California is silky soft and that shit gets exposed on the regular. 

Number2 Cali team with great coaching gets beat by number 13 FL team with garbage coaching. 

Cali is trending down 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Got to see DeMatha in person. They are very fast! Line is huge. QB I thought played well. Offense needs to get a little more diverse. Don’t know anything about STA. Being a DMV guy have to go with DM. 

I missed half of the Quince Orchard/DM scrimmage but I agree with you.  Speed was remarkable but for myself I felt DM’s qb was reassuring.  Westfield/DM was mostly reserves.

DM is 3-0 vs Florida (Miami Central, AHP away and Glades Central).  But as noted above they are young.  I would feel more comfortable if STA was at home and a month later.

They have the talent to beat anybody-including SJC and SFR as well as STA.

• Thanks 1