What up Texas?

DevilDog

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Dude, you are just common thug jerk ass little bitch who has zero purpose in life but to bring people down to hide your own faults - 

The devil in me says go to hell!

All because I agreed that God has everything to do with Iowa offering football scholarships?

You're unhinged.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

I’ll take it for 180k, no teaching and indoor practice facility. 

I’m known for.... basketball in Denton. 

Goood fit, I’m telling ya. 

BGW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Y E S... 

Legit for UNT was Denton thought it was in Amarillo.... 

Closest 4-year college there is West Texas A&M in Canyon (Canyon is a pretty good 4A Girls basketball school btw).

Or Texas Tech in Lubbock.  Nothing that I know of is in Amarillo...yet...

Omaha Paul Pewitt names an Arkansas high school defensive coordinator new head coach

NX6A6013-1-32618618.webp

Strickland was the head coach at Overton from 2016-2017 where he led the Mustangs to an 8-3 record in 2016. He was an assistant coach at Henderson from 2009-2016, where the Lions won a state title in 2010; he served as their defensive coordinator from 2014-2016. 

Strickland, who was an assistant coach on Carthage's 2008 state title team, replaces Triston Abron, DCTF's Visit Fort Worth Coach of the Year who led Pewitt to the 3A Division II state finals in 2019. He took the head coaching job at Mexia.

In his last two seasons as DC at Nashville, his teams went a combined 21-5 and made consecutive state quarterfinals appearances.

School

Class

New Coach

Old Coach

Last Year's RecordLast Year's Record

Alief Hastings Bears
6A

Tomas De La Rosa
 David Martel
 4-6
Notes: Martel retires after a 15-year career as a head coach with eight seasons at Hardin-Jefferson and seven seasons at Alief Hastings. He was 27-45 in his tenure at Hastings with a 7-5 mark in 2018 being his top season. OC Tomas DeLaRosa promoted to replace Martel.

Alief Taylor Lions
6A
 Shawn Gray
 Brian Randle
 3-7
Notes: Randle departs Taylor after four seasons and an 18-21 record to take over at Katy Mayde Creek. Fort Bend Bush OC Shawn Gray hired on March 24.

Belton Tigers
6A
 Brett Sniffin
 Sam Skidmore
 3-7
Notes: Skidmore after three seasons moves into the role of Belton ISD athletic director full time after serving in both roles in the fall of 2019. Skidmore was 16-16 in his three seasons, leading Belton to the playoffs in 2017 and 2018. Belton hires Fort Bend Ridge Point HC Brett Sniffin on January 15.

Clear Brook Wolverines
6A
 John Towels
 Lupe Florez
 2-8
Notes: Florez was reassigned shortly after the conclusion of the 2019 season, he was 5-16 in his two seasons at Clear Brook. Duncanville DC John Towles hired on January 20.

Copperas Cove Bulldogs
6A
 Jason Hammett
 Jack Alvarez
 3-7
Notes: Alvarez leaves Copperas Cove after two seasons and a 10-11 record to take over at Class 4A power Cuero. Assistant HC Jason Hammett promoted on March 23.

Cy-Fair Bobcats
6A
 Jeff Miller
 Ed Pustejovsky
 11-1
Notes: Ed Pustejovsky announced his retirement on January 24, Pustejovsky had been at Cy-Fair since 1982 and was the head coach from 2004-2019, leading the Bobcats to an impressive 138-57 record and the 2017 6A Division II state championship. He also led Cy-Fair to the regional finals in 2006, 2013 and 2018 and the regional semi-finals in 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2014. Rockdale HC and Cy-Fair alum Jeff Miller hired on February 19.

Denton Guyer Wildcats
6A
 Open Position
 John Walsh
 14-2
Notes: In a stunning move, Walsh resigns his post March 16, he is the only coach Guyer has known posting a 132-55 overall record and winning two state titles at Guyer in 2012 and 2013.

Donna North Chiefs
6A
 Open Position
 Joe Marichalar
 0-10
Notes: Marichalar, who had plenty of success at Edcouch-Elsa was unable to get Donna North going as he steps aside after two winless seasons.

Fort Bend Ridge Point Panthers

6A
 Rick LaFavers
 Brett Sniffin
 8-3
Notes: Sniffin steps down after eight seasons and an impressive 75-22 record to take over at Belton. Sniffin led Ridge Point to the state semifinals in 2015. FBISD hires Rosenberg Lamar HC Rick LaFavers on February 24.

Fort Worth Paschal Panthers
6A
 Open Position
 Chris James
 2-8
Notes: James steps down after two seasons at Paschal where he posted a 5-15 record in two years.

Houston Northbrook Raiders

6A
 Andres Gomez
 Jeff Sciba
 0-10
Notes: Sciba steps down as head football coach at Houston Northbrook this after four seasons and just two wins at one of the most difficult jobs in the state of Texas. Northbrook has never made the playoffs in school history, is mired in the midst of a 21-game losing streak and hasn’t had a winning season since 1993. Klein Cain assistant HC Andres Gomez hired on March 12.

Houston Sam Houston Tigers
6A
 Michael Sinclair
 Blake Besselman
 1-9
Notes: Besselman resigns his post after leading Sam Houston HS for three seasons, the Tigers have lost 87 straight district games. HISD hires Michael Sinclair a former NFL defensive lineman and assistant to try and revive the Tigers.

Houston Westbury Huskies
6A
 Darrell Colbert
 Greg Wilson
 1-8
Notes: Wilson steps down after four seasons leading his alma mater, HISD brings in Darrell Colbert who spent last season as the Director of Football Ops at Texas Southern.

Humble Kingwood Mustangs
6A
 Cale Melton
 Barry Campbell
 5-6
Notes: Campbell steps down after eight years and a 44-44 record to take a role on staff at Belton High. Highland Park DC Cale Melton hired on March 4.

Irving MacArthur Cardinals
6A
 Billy Skinner
 Ronny Mullins
 2-8
Notes: Mullins announced his retirement on January 10, he spent 16 seasons as a head coach with stops at Garland Naaman Forest, Prosper and Irving MacArthur and he also spent several seasons as the Prosper ISD AD. Arlington Lamar DC Billy Skinner hired on February 21.

Katy Mayde Creek Rams
6A
 Brian Randle
 Mike Rabe
 9-3
Notes: Rabe departs Maybe Creek after five years to take over at Katy Jordan High School, which opens in August. He led the Rams in 2019 to their first playoff appearance since 2008 and their first playoff win since 1997. Alief Taylor HC Brian Randle hired on February 7.

Keller Fossil Ridge Panthers
6A
 Open Position
 Tony Baccarini
 1-9
Notes: Baccarini retires from coaching after a 33-year career, 17 of which was spent at Fossil Ridge. He led the Panthers for 13 seasons and posted a 10-2 mark in 2007, a 9-4 mark in 2013 and a 10-1 record in 2017.

Keller Timber Creek Falcons
6A
 Marshall Williams
 Kevin Golden
 3-7
Notes: Golden, the only head coach in the history of the school steps aside after ten seasons. He posted a 33-60 record overall with a best mark of 7-5 in 2016. KISD hires Southlake Carroll OC Marshall Williams on February 7.

Klein Forest Eagles
6A
 John Wilson
 Ajani Sanders
 0-10
Notes: Sanders steps down after four seasons and a 6-34 record, Klein Forest is in the midst of a 19-game losing streak. Klein Oak WR Coach and Klein Forest alum John Wilson hired on March 4.

Mansfield Tigers
6A
 Open Position
 Daniel Maberry
 4-6
Notes: Mansfield opens up after head coach Daniel Maberry passed away in early February after a courageous battle with a rare form of cancer. OC Greg George was the interim head coach in 2018 and 2019.

Plano Wildcats
6A
 Todd Ford
 Jaydon McCullough
 5-5
Notes: McCullough, a Plano alum who has been as Plano on staff since 1993 is reassigned after a dozen seasons leading the Wildcats. He posted an overall record of 70-59. Plano hires former Lovejoy HC Todd Ford on March 24, Ford has a career record of 52-47 with stints at Round Rock Cedar Ridge and Lovejoy.

Round Rock McNeil Mavericks
6A
 Scott Hermes
 Howard McMahan
 3-7
Notes: McMahan after six seasons departs McNeil to take a role in the Round Rock ISD Athletic Department. He was 19-41 in his six years at McNeil, who has not made the playoffs since 2004. Austin Vandegrift DC Scott Hermes hired on January 9.

San Antonio Johnson Jaguars
6A
 Open Position
 Ron Rittiman
 6-5
Notes: Rittiman, who is the only coach Johnson has known leaves after a dozen seasons and a 74-59 record to take over at Alamo Heights. His best season was a 12-3 mark in 2013 when the Jaguars advanced to the state semifinals.

San Antonio MacArthur Brahmas
6A
 Kevin Hirst
 Ben Cook
 1-9
Notes: Cook, who was placed on administrative leave after an arrest in October will not return to MacArthur for 2020. He was the HC at MacArthur for nine seasons posting a 29-64 record, with his best year being a 6-5 mark in 2015. NEISD promotes interim HC Hirst on January 13, Hirst served as head coach the final five games of 2019.

San Antonio Warren Warriors
6A
 Josh Littrell
 Jeff Robbins
 6-4
Notes: Robbins, who was placed on administrative leave in late October will not return for a third season at Warren. Warren hires Waldorf University HC Josh Littrell who served as the OC at San Antonio Warren from 2007-2013.

Tyler Lee Raiders
6A
 Joe Willis
 Kurt Traylor
 6-5
Notes: Traylor departs after three seasons to join to the staff at UTSA where his brother is the new head coach. He posted a 14-17 mark and led Lee to the playoffs in 2019. Tyler ISD names Colleyville Heritage HC Joe Willis their next HFC on January 30. Willis led Cedar Park to a state title in 2012 and the state title game in 2014.

Wylie Pirates
6A
 Jimmy Carter
 Bill Howard
 6-5
Notes: Howard, who spent 14 years as head coach at Wylie and was a long time assistant at Wylie announced his retirement on February 14. DC Jimmy Carter hired on the same day, Howard posted a 90-78 record as a head coach and led the Pirates to the state title game in 2008

School
Class
New Coach
Old Coach
Last Year's Record

Beaumont United Timberwolves
5A Division I
 Marcus Graham
 Arthur Louis
 5-5
Notes: Louis, who for the second time in his career opened up a new program in Beaumont ISD gores back into retirement after two seasons leading United. The Timberwolves are dropping to 5A-Division I this upcoming realignment. Duncanville offensive line coach and Beaumont native Marcus Graham hired on February 26.

Carrollton Turner Lions
5A Division I
 Open Position
 Isaiah Young
 0-10
Notes: Young steps down to take a position in CFBISD administration after two winless seasons.

Cleveland Indians
5A Division I
 Jason Fiacco
 Norris Taff
 0-10
Notes: Cleveland, who has lost 23 straight games will be on their third head coach in three seasons as Taff is out after one season. Cleveland ISD names Elkhart head coach Jason Fiacco head coach on January 9.

Colleyville Heritage Panthers
5A Division I
 Kirk Martin
 Joe Willis
 9-5
Notes: Willis departs Colleyville Heritage after five seasons and a 40-22 record to take over at 6A Tyler Lee. Kirk Martin, who has spent the past two years on staff at Syracuse returns to Texas to take over, he led Manvel to two state title appearances and holds a 114-39 overall head coaching record.

Corpus Christi King Mustangs
5A Division I
 Doug Foster
 Eddie Hesseltine
 2-8
Notes: Hesseltine, after eleven seasons departs King to take an administrative position in Sinton ISD; he spent 14 seasons as a HC at Three Rivers and King posting a 74-73 overall mark. His best seasons at King were 2015 and 2016 where he went 9-2 and 7-5. CCISD hires Richmond Foster HC and former Poteet HC Doug Foster on March 25.

Donna Redskins
5A Division I
 Open Position
 Ramiro Leal
 3-7
Notes: Leal will not return for an eighth season at Donna, he posted a 37-35 mark in seven years leading the Redskins.

El Paso Chapin Huskies
5A Division I
 Ryan Warner
 Rene Hernandez
 2-9
Notes: Hernandez steps down at Chapin on December 3, he spent thirteen seasons leading Chapin posting a 99-51 record, he had three ten win seasons including a 10-3 mark in 2009. El Paso Franklin OC and Chapin alum Ryan Warner hired on January 28.

Galveston Ball Golden Tornadoes
5A Division I
 Sheldon Bennight
 Kimble Anders
 3-7
Notes: Anders, a Ball alum and former NFL player steps down after seven seasons leading Galveston Ball. He posted a 24-46 record and led the Tornadoes to the playoffs in 2017. North Shore special teams coordinator Sheldon Bennight hired on February 5.

Manor Mustangs
5A Division I
 James Keller
 Jimmie Mitchell
 8-6
Notes: Mitchell leaves Manor after four seasons to take over at Edna, Mitchell led Manor to the regional finals in 2019. Manor ISD promotes longtime assistant and co-OC James Keller on February 24.

New Caney Eagles
5A Division I
 Travis Reeve
 Brady Pennington
 10-1
Notes: Pennington retires after an impressive career 17 seasons where he posted a 116-69 overall record at Van and New Caney. New Caney names Cuero HC Travis Reeve on January 30, Reeve led Cuero to a state title in 2018.
Pflugerville Weiss Wolves

5A Division I
 Open Position
 Tommy Aultman
 9-3
Notes: Aultman, whose team improved to 9-3 after an 0-10 varsity debut moves into Pflugerville ISD athletic administration.

Red Oak Hawks
5A Division I
 Michael Quintero
 Chris Ross
 11-2
Notes: Ross leaves after just two seasons at Red Oak to take over at Lovejoy, he posted a 20-4 record at Red Oak. ROISD quickly promotes Asst HC and special teams coordinator Michael Quintero as the next HFC.

San Antonio Highlands Owls
5A Division I
 Chris Castillo
 Hank Willis
 1-9
Notes: Willis steps down after three seasons leading the Owls to move back to the DFW area, he was 10-21 in three seasons with a 7-4 mark in 2017. San Antonio Jay assistant and former Dallas Sunset HC Chris Castillo hired on January 21.

San Antonio Sam Houston Hurricanes
5A Division I
 Quincy Stewart
 Melton Schultz
 3-7
Notes: Schultz steps aside after four seasons where he posted a 21-23 overall record. SAISD hires Duncanville LB Coach Quincy Stewart on January 8.

San Antonio Southwest Dragons
5A Division I
 Alejandro Franco
 Matt Elliott
 6-6
Notes: Elliott retires after the end of the 2019 season, he had two separate stints at Southwest, he posted a 33-15 mark in four seasons in that second stint. He retires with an overall coaching record of 113-57 with two stints at Southwest, four seasons at New Braunfels Canyon and three years at Springtown. DC Alejandro Franco promoted on January 14.

West Mesquite Wranglers
5A Division I
 Frank Sandoval
 Jeff Neill
 2-8
Notes: Neill is reassigned after seven seasons at West Mesquite, he posted a 39-35 record, with his best mark being 9-3 in 2014. Mesquite ISD hires Mexia HC Frank Sandoval on January 9.