What up Texas?

DevilDog

On 2/1/2020 at 12:12 AM, DevilDog said:

Miss USA 2019 is a Former Gamecock Trackster.    Cheslie Kryst.   Anyone against Inter-racial relationships should just peep at this. Polish American Father and African American Mom.  Damn she's fine. 

This belongs in the official game day drink thread... nice 6 pack and in respect of her Polish-American father, it would be Zywiec.  :)  

What a beauty.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

LT non-district

Arlington Martin

Judson

Rockwall

It's nice to get Martin again. Beat them and take a lead in the series of 2-1. As usual, LT was flat in the opener. Martin's experienced, physical team was able to capitalize on that and take it to LT by 21 points. Hopefully we return the favor this time, but by an even greater margin. 

LT vs Judson has been an every year thing now since 2016. LT leads the series 4-3 (dating back to 2012) and has a three game winning streak. A win here moves LT to four straight over Judson and a 5-3 series lead. 

LT has not played Rockwall since 2015, I believe the score was 49-27. Rockwall usually fields a good offense every year it seems, and knocked Allen out of the picture early in the playoffs in 2019. I think both Longview and Duncanville blasted Rockwall last year, but they still represent a firm challenge for the Cavs. 

This non-district schedule combined with the annual match with Westlake makes this a healthy regular-season schedule. All I want in 2020 is a win over North Shore. 

29 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What does WB bring back? 

They lost most all of their big playmakers on offense, which was the only thing they were good at this past year. Some new kids are gonna have to step up or it's gonna be a long season. Really think they need a more athletic QB. They're a 3rd or 4th place team in this new district. Defense doesn't really matter, since they rarely play it.

One kid to keep a close eye on will be Bryce Anderson. He'll be the best athlete on the team. Already an LSU commit and just a sophomore.

• Like 1

I'm interested in seeing what Liberty Hill does in 5A and Hutto moved up to 6A.  I heard Austin LBJ shares a campus with a Private type school who will have their own Campus and that LBJ is actually a 4A that has been playing in 5A and will petition to stay in 5A but I couldn't find them in a District.  

NS vs. DLS

The Spartans, who lost the only game they’ve played against a Texas team — 26-21 to open the 2015 season against Trinity-Euless near Dallas — will open 2020 near Houston to face two-time defending Texas 6A-1 football champion North Shore-Houston.

The Houston Chronicle and Vype.com reported Monday that the two national powers will face off in August at Galena Park ISD Stadium (capacity 10,500) in Harris County.

De La Salle coach Justin Alumbaugh said he couldn’t comment on the game until all contracts have been signed.

The game pits one of the nation’s most storied programs in De La Salle — the focus of the 2014 movie “When the Game Stands Tall” — against the top team in a state where high school football is revered.

Speaking about the Spartans, North Shore coach Jon Kay told Vype.com: “They’ve got a national program for a good reason, and the success that they’ve had there speaks for itself. … We were looking for a quality opponent to play, and we certainly got that in De La Salle.”

North Shore has gone a combined 31-1 the past two seasons and was ranked No. 2 and 4, respectively, in the country by MaxPreps.com. Three-year starting quarterback Dematrius Davis Jr. was MaxPreps’ 2018 national sophomore of the year and is a Virginia Tech commit.

De La Salle, which has lost four straight California Open Division title games, finished 12-2 last season and was ranked No. 13 nationally.

The Spartans expect to return most of their skill players including two-year starting quarterback and first-team All-Metro pick Dorian Hale.