What up Texas?

DevilDog

Has Frisco replaced Denton in the DFW as the City with the Best Football Teams?  So many damn teams I can't even keep up and I am like 10 miles away from there 🤣  Hell Prosper has a new High School that's in Freaking Frisco and others are bordering on McKinney. 

5ADI Area Round

Highland Park (10-1) vs Frisco Wakeland (8-2), 7 p.m. Friday at Allen’s Eagle Stadium

College Station (11-0) vs Frisco Lone Star (9-2), 7 p.m. Friday at Tyler’s TMF Rose Stadium

5ADII Area Round

Aledo (11-0) vs Frisco Liberty (10-1), 7 p.m. Friday at Denton’s Apogee Stadium

South Oak Cliff (9-1) vs Frisco (10-1), 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Arlington’s Globe Life Field

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Champa  Your Boyz are starting their N.E. bEast Texas foes.  Dekalb 1st up.  The ones in Bold are lurking.  Newton and New Waverly only 2 left from the Southern part of bEast Texas.   Tough region in 3ADII

Area Round  

West Rusk (11-0) vs New Waverly (9-2), 7 p.m. Friday at Crockett’s Driskell Stadium

Daingerfield (9-2) vs Elysian Fields (9-2), 7 p.m. Friday at Tatum’s Eagle Stadium

Waskom (10-1) vs Troup (8-3), 7 p.m. Friday at Longview’s Pirate Stadium

Newton (9-1) vs DeKalb (8-3), 7:30 p.m. Friday at Carthage’s Bulldog Stadium

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Has Frisco replaced Denton in the DFW as the City with the Best Football Teams?  So many damn teams I can't even keep up and I am like 10 miles away from there 🤣  Hell Prosper has a new High School that's in Freaking Frisco and others are bordering on McKinney. 

5ADI Area Round

Highland Park (10-1) vs Frisco Wakeland (8-2), 7 p.m. Friday at Allen’s Eagle Stadium

College Station (11-0) vs Frisco Lone Star (9-2), 7 p.m. Friday at Tyler’s TMF Rose Stadium

5ADII Area Round

South Oak Cliff (9-1) vs Frisco (10-1), 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Arlington’s Globe Life Field

That Frisco squad is Dangerous with the triple-option.  Plus the son of a legendary coach is the HC.

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

What’s his name? 

Damn I messed that up somehow...let's try this again:

The Frisco Raccoons current HC (Jeff Harbert) was Vance Gibson's DC for 14 seasons before Vance took an offensive line position at East Texas Baptist University.  (Vance was at Frisco for 15-years...which makes him legendary in that area.)

Harbert is Vance's last holdover from his staff so he considers him like a son.  Speaking of... Gibson's Sons coach at Texarkana Pleasant Grove.

They run Wing-T (Triple Option).  Same as they did under Vance basically.

Josh Gibson was rumored to be offered the spot at Frisco when Vance stepped down...but he turned it down.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

5ADI Area Round

5ADII Area Round

I see 1-3 possibly 0-4 in these games for the Frisco Kids. 

2-2 at best.

13 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Not really football-related but could be a factor in the future for Lewisville/Hebron athletics:

https://dentonrc.com/news/lewisville/4-500-home-castle-hills-community-is-now-a-part-of-lewisville/article_bb93513b-6591-5175-8daf-3a98da57d6d7.html

Does the school district zone change? Where do those kids currently go to school in that area?

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Does the school district zone change? Where do those kids currently go to school in that area?

I think a majority of them were Hebron kids.  I'd have to research this when I have time.  I know thier elementary school is literally in Hebron.

That area in itself still confuses me...heck they may just keep the school districts the same.  Not sure.

• Thanks 1

@Frosty4024@Horsefly@Champa@Gametyme

I will probably be at Globe life Field this weekend.  Great set of games in the DFW.  New Lee vs. The Sneaky Blondes.  Old school vs. New school..  Cujo vs. Lobo  🤣

Globe Life Field, Arlington

Thursday

South Oak Cliff vs Frisco
Thu, 11/18, Globe Life Field, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Friday

Allen vs Lake Highlands 6ADI
Fri, 11/19, 07:00 PM, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Saturday

Tyler Legacy vs Cedar Hill 6ADII
Sat, 11/20, 11:00 AM, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Rockwall vs DeSoto 6ADI
Sat, 11/20, 04:00 PM, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Midland Legacy vs Southlake Carroll 6ADI
Sat, 11/20, 08:00 PM, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Star in Frisco

Denton Guyer vs Dallas Jesuit 6ADII
Fri, 11/19, 7:00 PM, Ford Center, Frisco

Glen Rose vs Pleasant Grove 4AII
Sat, 11/20, 02:30 PM, Ford Center, Frisco

Mesquite

Gilmer vs Caddo Mills 4AII
Fri, 11/19, 07:00 PM, Hanby Stadium, Mesquite

Lancaster vs Longview  5ADI
Fri, 11/19, 07:30 PM, Memorial Stadium, Mesquite

• Like 4

On 11/16/2021 at 8:24 PM, DevilDog said:

@Frosty4024@Horsefly@Champa@Gametyme

I will probably be at Globe life Field this weekend.  Great set of games in the DFW.  MOJO vs. The Sneaky Blondes.  Old school vs. New school..  Cujo vs. Lobo  🤣

Globe Life Field, Arlington

Thursday

South Oak Cliff vs Frisco
Thu, 11/18, Globe Life Field, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Friday

Allen vs Lake Highlands 6ADI
Fri, 11/19, 07:00 PM, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Saturday

Tyler Legacy vs Cedar Hill 6ADII
Sat, 11/20, 11:00 AM, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Rockwall vs DeSoto 6ADI
Sat, 11/20, 04:00 PM, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Midland Legacy vs Southlake Carroll 6ADI
Sat, 11/20, 08:00 PM, Globe Life Field, Arlington

Star in Frisco

Denton Guyer vs Dallas Jesuit 6ADII
Fri, 11/19, 7:00 PM, Ford Center, Frisco

Glen Rose vs Pleasant Grove 4AII
Sat, 11/20, 02:30 PM, Ford Center, Frisco

Mesquite

Gilmer vs Caddo Mills 4AII
Fri, 11/19, 07:00 PM, Hanby Stadium, Mesquite

Lancaster vs Longview  5ADI
Fri, 11/19, 07:30 PM, Memorial Stadium, Mesquite

SOC

Rock-wall

chill

Rockwall

slc

Guyer

PG

Gilmer 

LV

May check out West Orange vs Jasper. These aren't the Bulldogs WOS needs to really worry about. Still could be a tough game. Probably be a 28 - 14 type of score in favor of West Orange. 

Rockwall and DeSoto might be entertaining. It'd be my pick if I lived out that way. 

What the hell happened to Pleasant Groove? Just a down year or is their dominance over already.

3 hours ago, Champa said:

May check out West Orange vs Jasper. These aren't the Bulldogs WOS needs to really worry about. Still could be a tough game. Probably be a 28 - 14 type of score in favor of West Orange. 

Rockwall and DeSoto might be entertaining. It'd be my pick if I lived out that way. 

What the hell happened to Pleasant Groove? Just a down year or is their dominance over already.

Neither to be honest:

They were playing 5A-DI teams like Argyle and Paris.

That and Gilmer and Carthage are...well...pretty damn good.

8 hours ago, Champa said:

PG dropped off quite a bit after their starting QB went down for the season in game 1.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Champa said:

They lost their QB with a Gruesome broken arm in wk .  They absolutely destroyed Ark Power Nashville. Then had Argyle, Paris Silsbee  Carthage and Gilmer.  They would have challenged in those games with him.  A very athletic kid and was showing out against Nashville.  Playing with an unproven Qb on the Varsity

TEXARKANA — The Pleasant Grove Hawks overcame two injuries at quarterback to crush the Nashville Scrappers 57-0 Friday night at Hawks Stadium.

R.J. Collins finished the game after sophomore Ahkhari Johnson broke his arm in the first quarter and freshman Jarret Halter left the game with a tweaked ankle.

Coach Josh Gibson said after the game that people should pray for Johnson as he “had a significant injury.” Nevertheless, he was proud of how his players rallied.

“I think the thing that’s special is you saw a bunch of kids come in and rally,” Gibson said. “There’s kids out there crying when it happened.”

4ADI #8 vs. 4ADI #3.  Lindale 2nd year dropping to 4A, last year runner up destroyed by Argyle at State.  Tough 2nd round matchup for both. 

3rd Quarter
Lindale--61918134.png Lindale28
El-Campo-61918748.png El Campo35

The Champs are here.   WOS been Chirping about Carthage,  they keep winning and we will finally see it since Carthage is in DII.

4A Division II
Half Time
Hamshire-Fannett-620184132.png Hamshire-Fannett7
Carthage-619163750.JPG Carthage28