What up Texas?

DevilDog

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

‘21 is weaker at the top than ‘19 more solid at the 4-10 spots. 

I'd take 19 on almost every 4-10

Northshore

Duncanville

SLC

Katy

Westlake

Guyer

Martin (Much better than this years team)

Atascocita 

Lake Travis

Rockwall

This year(So far per calpreps just 6A)

Westlake

SLC

Guyer

Duncanville

Katy

Westfield

Northshore

Atascocita

Allen

Desoto

6 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Northshore

Duncanville

SLC

Katy

Westlake

Guyer

Atascocita 

Lake Travis

Rockwall

Westlake

SLC

Guyer

Duncanville

Katy

Westfield

Northshore

Atascocita

Allen

Desoto

These rankings are all jumbled, although I like I agree with the teams in the top 10. For me in ‘19 NS, DV and WL were top 3. This year, WL, Katy and SLC are top 3. I’d give ‘19 the edge. 

Bottomline for me: atascocita, guyer and martin in ‘19 are weaker than any team in ‘21. Plus, in the ‘21 AP ranking, spring and Heath are top 10 making ‘21 slightly deeper than ‘19. 

16 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Northshore

Duncanville

SLC

Katy

Westlake

Guyer

Atascocita 

Lake Travis

Rockwall

Westlake

SLC

Guyer

Duncanville

Katy

Westfield

Northshore

Atascocita

Allen

Desoto

Id take College Station over half of those teams.

Denton Ryan 7 Lone Star 6

Guyer 14 Denton Ryan 7

Guyer 46 Atascocita 35

Allen 38 Guyer 31

North Shore 31 Atascocita 21

Westlake 54 Hutto 9

College Station 55 Lonestar 21

College Station 59 Hutto 11

After College Station blasts Denton Ryan in 2 weeks it will be undeniable. Id only favor Katy and Westlake over them and maybe Duncanville but not sure. They would for sure beat the rest including SLC.

The fact that they're able to beat Ryan in a way that Guyer could not and we know exactly where Guyer stands in the 6A pecking order. Lonestar,Guyer, and Ryan are all about equal we can find that out by watching the games played between the 3. Then we can see College Station is clearly head and shoulders above Lonestar. This isn't even close. 

45 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

The fact that they're able to beat Ryan in a way that Guyer could not and we know exactly where Guyer stands in the 6A pecking order. Lonestar,Guyer, and Ryan are all about equal we can find that out by watching the games played between the 3. Then we can see College Station is clearly head and shoulders above Lonestar. This isn't even close. 

Ryan has to get by Longview first. I’m just not confident in Ryan’s O. Maybe LV has closed the gap some from the 1st game. The regional final should be a good one regardless 

do you think anyone from region 3 or 4 challenges CS? I’m leaning slightly towards paetow to be in Dallas 

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

You're under the false assumption that Ryan and Guyer are good.

Lone Star.

Jesus Christ.

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Ryan has to get by Longview first. I’m just not confident in Ryan’s O. Maybe LV has closed the gap some from the 1st game. The regional final should be a good one regardless 

do you think anyone from region 3 or 4 challenges CS? I’m leaning slightly towards paetow to be in Dallas 

Im rooting for Longview but I don't see them closing the gap enough to get past Ryan and no I don't think anybody in Region 3 or 4 has anything for them unless Katy Paetow is a lot better then I initially though. I think the only other 5A team I would had paused for concern is in the D2 bracket in Aledo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

You're under the false assumption that Ryan and Guyer are good.

Lone Star.

Jesus Christ.

I normally would agree with you on the top 5A vs top 6A and I kind of am still agreeing with you somewhat because im not saying they could beat Westlake or Katy but this is a really good College Station team that has been 3 years in the making. I think NS is to inexperienced at QB other then that I really don't think they would have much trouble at all outside Duncanville. I think they're top 5 for sure.

Just looking at the brackets, I guess maybe Texas High or Liberty Hill could take out Crosby. Anything but a 2020 rematch with Aledo. Not much hope on the other side of the bracket, I don't think. LH has transitioned to 5A very well.

Some good games in 4A coming up. The fool in me thinks China Spring has a chance against Carthage. 

Speaking of repeats, I don't see a lot of resistance to North Shore making it back it state, and this is supposed to be a down year for them. Be funny/not funny if we get Dville/NS part 3. 

11 minutes ago, Champa said:

Just looking at the brackets, I guess maybe Texas High or Liberty Hill could take out Crosby. Anything but a 2020 rematch with Aledo. Not much hope on the other side of the bracket, I don't think. LH has transitioned to 5A very well.

Some good games in 4A coming up. The fool in me thinks China Spring has a chance against Carthage. 

Speaking of repeats, I don't see a lot of resistance to North Shore making it back it state, and this is supposed to be a down year for them. Be funny/not funny if we get Dville/NS part 3. 

Last year LH hung 60+ on the majority of their 5A opponents and lost an extremely close game to Crosby 1 game from state,  5A. Has been a breeze.  I'm going to China Spring vs. Carthage at Prosper.  They've  been chirping they will beat Carthage.  Carthage beat 5A Crosby with t5 JV kids due to Covid to begin the year and breaking in a new QB. Longest winning streak in the State.  Surratt is the best coach in Texas.

Will Newton get by Waskom and DF?

Newton is getting past Waskom. They got a score to settle with DF. Waskom has some very lopsided wins this year except for one game. They ain't all gonna be that easy. Let's see how they play when someone hits them back in the mouth.

I'm most curious about Bellville. Slept on them all year and I'm now hearing they're the biggest threat to Carthage, not WOS. We'll see if they're all hype or not. Can't wait.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Champa said:

Newton is getting past Waskom. They got a score to settle with DF. Waskom has some very lopsided wins this year except for one game. They ain't all gonna be that easy. Let's see how they play when someone hits them back in the mouth.

I'm most curious about Bellville. Slept on them all year and I'm now hearing they're the biggest threat to Carthage, not WOS. We'll see if they're all hype or not. Can't wait.

Waskom was hit in the mouth by the most impressive team outside WL regardless of class.  2A Timpson beat Waskom 2 classes larger by 3tds won 74 - 13 LW and beat Arky 3A power by 17 57 - 40.  On a collision course with Refuerio.  This time is the best.  NE Tex has done really good against SE Tex in the battle for bEast Texas supremacy.  Much respect for Newton.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Waskom was hit in the mouth by the most impressive team outside WL regardless of class.  2A Timpson beat Waskom 2 classes larger by 3tds won 74 - 13 LW and beat Arky 3A power by 17 57 - 40.  On a collision course with Refuerio.  This time is the best.  NE Tex has done really good against SE Tex in the battle for bEast Texas supremacy.  Much respect for Newton.  

DevilDog back to seize his crown as king clown.

A CLOWN OR A KING? | Matt Crump - Certified Empowerment Life Coach

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Champa said:

Not trusting China Springs at all...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cracker said:

I don't like the McKinney stadium at all. I think Prosper is much nicer. The ingress and egress sucks, though.

Bro don't Crack on my tax dollars. 😄 McKinney stadium has the best view of the field in all of Collin County.  And that's saying a lot.  In a 15 mile radius I got almost 300mil in HS stadiums.  Even went to Celina in Wk3.  Great 4A Stadium. 

On 11/22/2021 at 4:28 PM, Gametyme said:

Im rooting for Longview but I don't see them closing the gap enough to get past Ryan and no I don't think anybody in Region 3 or 4 has anything for them unless Katy Paetow is a lot better then I initially though. I think the only other 5A team I would had paused for concern is in the D2 bracket in Aledo.

2021 College Station and Ryan are on another level from the rest of 5A.

As Ive said, with all of the youth and issues Longview has had this year, I'm happy with what they have aceived. If we beat Ryan, it will be because Ryan suspended 1/2 of their starters. LOL

• Haha 1