What up Texas?

DevilDog

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

But who was the best in HS? (Not factoring in post HS careers) I think VY was a notch above physically speaking 

Correct sir and according to recruiting services these are the best HS QBs ever in Texas and America. The only QBs in the history of HS football with a 1.000 rating VY and Ewers. Both claimed to be generational talent.   Trevor Lawrence  0.9999.   Fields and Berlin 0.9998 round out highest ranked QBs ever

VY and Ewers.  Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields and Brock Berlin round out top 5. 

Vince Young Madison (Houston, TX) Class of 2002 (Enrolled)

DUAL

6-5 / 200

Quinn Ewers

As a Prospect

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Trevor Lawrence is currently one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

Either he stinks or Jacksonville is a place where players die.......Jacksonville almost killed Leonard Fournette, glad he's out of that Jaguar madness.

Trevor Lawrence hasn't been bad this season. If you watch Jacksonville, his offensive line stinks. No QB would look good playing behind that crap

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Trevor Lawrence hasn't been bad this season. If you watch Jacksonville, his offensive line stinks. No QB would look good playing behind that crap

You can't blame the OL or Urban for some of Trevor's throws this year.......some are calling him a bust already. He had 4 INTs this past weekend too..

20 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You can't blame the OL or Urban for some of Trevor's throws this year.......some are calling him a bust already. He had 4 INTs this past weekend too..

I'm the guy that said Lawrence wasn't the golden child everyone thought he was but he's been a lot better than I thought. 

Manning threw a ton of interceptions season 1 as well.  Lawrence needs pieces around him,  the offensive line needs serious help.  I've watched Lawrence get time and look good.  No qb under constant pressure will look good

Trevor Lawrence has TD pass in his last games.......I don't think any NFL team is that bad.

You don't have to throw deep bombs, but it's crazy he can't complete some 5 Yard TD passes. ...or 10 Yard TD passes/whatever

Head isn't there this season and maybe he doesn't have the head.

19 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Trevor Lawrence has TD pass in his last games.......I don't think any NFL team is that bad.

You don't have to throw deep bombs, but it's crazy he can't complete some 5 Yard TD passes. ...or 10 Yard TD passes/whatever

Head isn't there this season and maybe he doesn't have the head.

He's never been on a bad team or one that wasn't totally stacked compared to his competition.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

He's never been on a bad team or one that wasn't totally stacked compared to his competition.

Yeah.....

Trevor Lawrence didn't exactly light LSU up either....he was 18/37 234 Yards 0 TDs. Those are basically Trevor's stats in the NFL today.

Joe Burrow was 31/49 403 Yards 5 TDs vs Clemson......Joe Burrow doesn't get that every NFL game, but he's closer to greatness than Trevor is at this point.

Just saying....

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Yeah.....

Trevor Lawrence didn't exactly light LSU up either....he was 18/37 234 Yards 0 TDs. Those are basically Trevor's stats in the NFL today.

Joe Burrow was 31/49 403 Yards 5 TDs vs Clemson......Joe Burrow doesn't get that every NFL game, but he's closer to greatness than Trevor is at this point.

Just saying....

1. Jacksonville Sucks... They need help... 

2. Let's not pretend like Joe Burrow is some sort of Superman. The Bengals are still the Bengals. 

3. Joe Burrow has better players around him than Lawrence does....but of course let's ignore that.  

4. This is the same thing that happened to Tua... it's this man's first season in the NFL and yall are already breaking yalls neck jumping to conclusions.... 

5. Joe Burrow isn't anywhere close to greatness... you wanna talk about Joe's Hot ass mess of a first season or are we gonna let that go to because he played for LSU?  I mean he probably still has turf in his teeth from all the sacks he ate... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

1. Jacksonville Sucks... They need help... 

2. Let's not pretend like Joe Burrow is some sort of Superman. The Bengals are still the Bengals. 

3. Joe Burrow has better players around him than Lawrence does....but of course let's ignore that.  

4. This is the same thing that happened to Tua... it's this man's first season in the NFL and yall are already breaking yalls neck jumping to conclusions.... 

5. Joe Burrow isn't anywhere close to greatness... you wanna talk about Joe's Hot ass mess of a first season or are we gonna let that go to because he played for LSU?  I mean he probably still has turf in his teeth from all the sacks he ate... 

Preach on #3-5.

My Goodness.

13 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

. Joe Burrow isn't anywhere close to greatness... you wanna talk about Joe's Hot ass mess of a first season or are we gonna let that go to because he played for LSU?  I mean he probably still has turf in his teeth from all the sacks he ate... 

You might want to compare Joe Burrow's rookie stats with that of Trevor Lawrence before you pop off. I'll even give you the 3 extra games Trevor has played in. Burrow played in 10 games last year.

In less than two years Joe Burrow has 38 TD passes already. 

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You might want to compare Joe Burrow's rookie stats with that of Trevor Lawrence before you pop off. I'll even give you the 3 extra games Trevor has played in. Burrow played in 10 games last year.

In less than two years Joe Burrow has 38 TD passes already. 

I never said Lawrence was better. 

I pointed out a fact that Burrows first season wasn't that Good either. 

He had a Horrible Oline (Like Lawrence) 

He wasn't some Big time Show stopper. 

Trevor got drafted by a team that was already in a bad situation and yall expected him to make everything better in his FIRST season... 

Yall are the ones out here saying he's a bust and he hasn't even gotten started good. 

And Burrow with 38 TD's got 25 of them this year 

AFTER CINCINNATI FIXED THEIR FUCKING OLINE SO BURROW WASNT BEING RAN LIKE A SQUEALING PIG EVERY OTHER PLAY. 

THEY ALSO DRAFTED PLAYERS TO BUILD AROUND BURROW. 

SOMETHING JACKSONVILLE NEEDS TO DO FOR TREVOR. 

AND CHICAGO NEEDS TO DO FOR FIELDS... 

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I never said Lawrence was better. 

I pointed out a fact that Burrows first season wasn't that Good either. 

He had a Horrible Oline (Like Lawrence) 

He wasn't some Big time Show stopper. 

Trevor got drafted by a team that was already in a bad situation and yall expected him to make everything better in his FIRST season... 

Yall are the ones out here saying he's a bust and he hasn't even gotten started good. 

And Burrow with 38 TD's got 25 of them this year 

AFTER CINCINNATI FIXED THEIR FUCKING OLINE SO BURROW WASNT BEING RAN LIKE A SQUEALING PIG EVERY OTHER PLAY. 

THEY ALSO DRAFTED PLAYERS TO BUILD AROUND BURROW. 

SOMETHING JACKSONVILLE NEEDS TO DO FOR TREVOR. 

AND CHICAGO NEEDS TO DO FOR FIELDS... 

Pretty accurate take........I'll wait a year or two before labeling Trevor a bust though. He may be a slow learner. I do know you can't spray the ball around the field like Trevor did vs LSU and is doing in the NFL. You will end up on the bench!

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2021-12-07-its-time-to-admit-trevor-lawrence-is-trending-toward-being-a-bust/

“Trevor Lawrence has been left out of conversations of bad quarterbacks, and given a pass. It’s time for people to start admitting he has stunk just as much as Zach Wilson. Eventually, you have to flash a little bit in order to be a QB in the NFL. It doesn’t mean you have to have a great rookie season, but you have to have some sort of flash, and Lawrence has had none of that. Here’s what gets me: even in garbage time, Lawrence still isn’t able to move the ball down field effectively. He has the most interceptions in the NFL off of bad throws, he hasn’t looked comfortable, and the team just keeps regressing. I’m not seying he is a bust, but he’s shown those characteristics so far.”

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Joe Burrow is able to get the TD's he does because his Oline isn't trash anymore... 

He has players... 

He has an Oline... 

Lawrence does not... 

But I detest don't let facts stop you... 

If the Bengals didn't improve their Oline Burrow would still be getting sacked 5-8 times a game... 

Just stop!

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

It is also true many of these QB factory type QB's that are always on stacked teams starting with 8U rec travel ball can struggle when they hit the pros. It is also why you see so many fail either in college if they don't go to one of the stacked up power teams or in the pro's when they get there and are drafted on a bad team. Also why you see players that had to rely on their own real talent to get anywhere do real well in the league. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

What two categories does Burrow lead the league in?

Burrow ranks #8 in the NFL in passing.....that's coming off a terrible season ending injury too.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/

"Dak Prescott and Joe Burrow are the top contenders for the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year honors after bouncing back from injuries that ended their 2020 seasons early"

Bottom line. Burrow and Herbert are miles ahead of Lawrence and Wilson.......NO MATTER how you spin it.

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Calzada to transfer portal.

Any takers???

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Pretty accurate take........I'll wait a year or two before labeling Trevor a bust though. He may be a slow learner. I do know you can't spray the ball around the field like Trevor did vs LSU and is doing in the NFL. You will end up on the bench!

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2021-12-07-its-time-to-admit-trevor-lawrence-is-trending-toward-being-a-bust/

“Trevor Lawrence has been left out of conversations of bad quarterbacks, and given a pass. It’s time for people to start admitting he has stunk just as much as Zach Wilson. Eventually, you have to flash a little bit in order to be a QB in the NFL. It doesn’t mean you have to have a great rookie season, but you have to have some sort of flash, and Lawrence has had none of that. Here’s what gets me: even in garbage time, Lawrence still isn’t able to move the ball down field effectively. He has the most interceptions in the NFL off of bad throws, he hasn’t looked comfortable, and the team just keeps regressing. I’m not seying he is a bust, but he’s shown those characteristics so far.”

Zach Wilson got drafted by a bad team...

Similar situation as Lawrence. 

The Jets are falling apart.... 

Only reason you're riding Joe is because he played for LSU... 

He still has a long road ahead of him... 

His team won't be winning a SB this year or next... 

He won't be leading the league in anything this year or next... 

Not saying he won't be great... 

Not saying he doesn't have the potential... 

But he isn't Superman... 

He's not Brady 

He's not Brees 

He's not Elway or Montana...