What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

You must have not watched the game. A team that is “just that good” as you said, doesn’t get run off the field by 40+ points at home. Completely out classed in every phase from coaching to execution. Norco high school played MD tougher than DV did. I’m a DV fan though, hope they bring it home next week for Samples. Good team. 

The truth is, Samples is vastly overrated as a coach. He just always ends up at a school with a ton of athletes. Kinda like a horse trainer training a fast horse.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He ends up getting those athletes to transfer in or choose his school

No. All Tx schools are homegrown. Every kid on duncanvilles roster has lived in duncanville for their entire life. You can’t go to Dv unless your great grandfather attended Dv. They are all homegrown. (I won’t post about the transfers they have on their team) 

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No. All Tx schools are homegrown. Every kid on duncanvilles roster has lived in duncanville for their entire life. You can’t go to Dv unless your great grandfather attended Dv. They are all homegrown. (I won’t post about the transfers they have on their team) 

In the metro area, yes. In the rest of Texas, no. But it will never compare to what a private school like Mater Dei does in SoCal.

Not even close.

1 hour ago, Champa said:

You know it would make for a good story if the unthinkable happens next week and Guyer wins.

Guyer has maybe the best secondary in Texas equipped to deal with Westlake passing game. I think Guyer can make it competitive if things go right. This will also be the best QB Westlake will have seen this year. 

58 minutes ago, rockinl said:

The truth is, Samples is vastly overrated as a coach. He just always ends up at a school with a ton of athletes. Kinda like a horse trainer training a fast horse.

That's fake news he is a heck of a coach. Look at what he has done every where he went. Dallas Lincoln, Skyline. Those schools are after thoughts now. Duncanville will be too when he leaves. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He ends up getting those athletes to transfer in or choose his school

He doesn't personally recruit kids but he has a reputation in his community and that's why parents will send there kids to play for him. His son is one of the top young recruiting assistants in college football (TCU) as well. He is well over due for one. Ill have my Duncanville shades on Saturday

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Guyer has maybe the best secondary in Texas equipped to deal with Westlake passing game. I think Guyer can make it competitive if things go right. This will also be the best QB Westlake will have seen this year. 

The problem for Guyer is that Prosper was able to get to the QB. What do you think a better defensive front 7 will do to Guyer?

I think Guyer is gonna get wrecked pretty badly.  

Just now, Gametyme said:

He doesn't personally recruit kids but he has a reputation in his community and that's why parents will send there kids to play for him. His son is one of the top young recruiting assistants in college football (TCU) as well. He is well over due for one. Ill have my Duncanville shades on Saturday

I don't think any coach ever has to recruit. Top programs and top football coaches do that for insert school

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

The problem for Guyer is that Prosper was able to get to the QB. What do you think a better defensive front 7 will do to Guyer?

I think Guyer is gonna get wrecked pretty badly.  

Im with you I think Westlake puts it on them. Maybe the defense can kinda keep them from getting routed. 

11 hours ago, rockinl said:

Those schools were all trash or mediocre  before his arrival and are pretty much the same after he leaves... WITH the same caliber athletes 

-this man took inner city schools with no facilities or history to semi final games in Texas’ largest classification 

-he took a inner city team to state with 30 kids on the roster

-his assistants have worked as coaches on the collegiate level.. one as a head coach

-one of his assistants will be coaching for a state championship along side him Saturday 

Calling him overrated has to be amongst  some of the stupidest shxt I’ve ever heard on this forum

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Just irrelevant shit that means nothing. What a shit show for any team to win by 50 and then lose by 3 scores to same team in the same season. Embarrassing if true. Anyway the facts are that Mater Dei went to texas and beat the shit out the duncanville team that beat the shit out of Carroll today. But don’t worry, we know how much better DV is now. They only started 16 D1 kids against MD! 😂 You the man champ, keep swimming.

I’m not debating facts .. have a party😂😂

My assertion is that DV is better NOW.

MY belief is that the game would be more competitive now.

YOUR emotional attachment  prohibits you from considering the possibility 

there’s really nothing more to see here

😂😂😂(even when I mentioned a team beating an opponent by 3 scores that had earlier beat them by 50 plus you questioned if it were true... though it happens often you either refuse to acknowledge it or downplay it because that fact chips away at your solemn beliefs)

Regardless of what you believe...Teams get better

-I suppose now you believe MD would beat SLCby 60😂😂😂